Asian Cup 2019

Hshs

Why nobody talk about it? Watched a few matches. The stadiums are quite empty. I remember SG host 1984 one much better.

Btw, Vietnam have make SEA proud. There are in the Q-Final now.

After watching Kor v China. China soccer still stay at the level.

Never improve at all.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Tonite Korea vs Bahrain and Qatar v Iraq with winners playing each other in the Q/F.

Looking ahead, if they win their matches, Australia v Korea in semis would be the match to watch!

• Praise 3

Although Tottenham is not my favourite team. But I will rate Korean Son Meng Heung is the best Asian player playing in Europe so far. Son is a class above other Asian players. I will be watching tonight 9pm match Korea v Bahrain. Hope Korea not disappointed us.

Both Korea n Australia went out last night in shocks to Qatar n UAE respectively.

So semis are:

Japan v Iran

UAE v Qatar

Not exactly the most exciting as I prefer non Arab teams but my tip would be Japan v UAE in Final.

• Praise 3

I think Vietnam and Philippine improve faster than China. No need to make reference to singapore lah.

My feel is, getting european coaches no matter how top may not work for asian countries. Only asian know what suit them better.

FAS look at korean, Thai or even Malaysian coaches.

Jap 3 Iran 0. Iran second half play like a small kid.

Well done Japan. You still the best team in Asia.

(edited)

World class goal by Qatar Almoez Ali.

Another outstanding goal. Qatar 2-0.

They show the World they not just only got money to host 2022 World Cup.

Edited by Hshs

FT 3-1. Qatar third goal was decided by VAR.

Japan hand ball was unintentionally. But with VAR let ref had no chioce to give Qatar the penalty. The penalty let Jap got a mountian to climb. Otherwise the game may go to extra time.

Congrat Qatar. But they still need to improve if they want to get their frist win in Word Cup.

Qatar winning the Asian Cup caused a lot of political unhappiness as several of the Arab nations boycotted them so this has been an unpopular victory but it bodes well for the next WC hosts as it gives them some credibility on hosting the 2022 WC as otherwise they were seen to have bought their tickets to be host.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4