Carpark that only accept cashcard (with chip)

kopfan

NETS Cashcard only got 2 uses now, pay for car park and ERP. Ezlink card can be use for public transport, car park and ERP which is more convenient except that I got one very bad experience at NUH whereby all the ATMs from different bank all failed to allow me to top up the Ezlink Card.

Those car park that only accept cashcard, the fault is not with the building owners but rather the companies which managed the car park refuse to upgrade it because upgrading cost will need to come out from their pocket not from the building owners.

actually public transport and erp can be paid by cc directly le... no need ezlink for public transport anymore

cashcard only for parking.

↡ Advertisement

Hi I am facing the same problem with the new contactless cash card since my old chip based card expired. Called Nets numerous times. Their excuse is some carpark owners have not updated their equipment. Told them that is not my problem they have to ensure all equipment can read the new contactless card. Since you monopolise (only provider) the nets transactions in singapore, you must ensure that all machines can use the cash card. If not do not terminate the chip based cashcard. Hope LTA, minister of transport will look into this matter. Dont shift the buck to us users which do not have any recourse.

If gov look into this issue

Simple

All CP Operators will be fine

Then parking charges increased

We motorists bear all the cost

This is uniquely SG

Profit above people style

I assume nets contactless car cashcard is the same. https://www.nets.com.sg/contactlesscashcard in their website, mentioned that old system can be tapped out (I don't think so).

Another problem, when I was at raffles city and try to reload my netw flashpay for carpark, the auto top system, those big greenish machine can't do top up on nets flashpay card. Nets really need to resolve all this incompatible issue since they monopolizing then eps carpark and erp system

From nets Commonly asked questions

The Contactless CashCard can be used just as you would use your current CashCard, for payment of ERP and carpark charges. However, it can only be used in Dual Mode In-Vehicle Units (IUs).

The new Contactless CashCard also offers the following new features:

Auto Top-Up

Enable auto top-up with your credit/debit card as your source of funds and never worry about insufficient card value again

Contactless Functionality

For carpark readers which do not support automatic fee deduction, you can now simply tap the carpark reader instead of having to insert your card

Contactless CashCard App (Coming Soon)

The Contactless CashCard now comes with a supporting mobile app which allows you to check your card balance and expiry, view your transaction history, and perform top ups.

After going to AML a few times, learnt my lesson.

Unless I have reason to need my car go to the top level .. I rather park at the ground open air carpark and then take the lift up to level 7 for SGCM office. 

Automobile Megamart (AML). Had a bad experience there once after visiting the SG carmart office. I had left my NETS cashcard in another car and the Flashpay card wasn't accepted. Had to get security to open the barrier for me and pay in cash after I reached the ground floor.

• Praise 1

After going to AML a few times, learnt my lesson.

Unless I have reason to need my car go to the top level .. I rather park at the ground open air carpark and then take the lift up to level 7 for SGCM office. 

Can suntan your car at 7th floor...all the pest came out of vehicle confirm  [thumbsup]

The reason I like the Flashpay cards is that I can easily top it up using my NFC capable phone (I ensure I always get a phone with this functionality).

For the old chipped cards I need to drag myself to a damn ATM.

Seem like nets don't think there's any issue with old system using the contactless card. Still no reply after I emailed them about problem faced by many.

I still use the cashcard with chip. So problems for all car Parks.

Mine had expired. Still managed to locate another old card as spare card but card will expire next month. Another issue with the chipped cash card is during top up, can't detect card and had to keep rubbing the chip and redo all the keying for top up... Arghh.. flashpay top up is fast and easy. Can use nfc enable phone to check history when receipt run out.

Mine had expired. Still managed to locate another old card as spare card but card will expire next month. Another issue with the chipped cash card is during top up, can't detect card and had to keep rubbing the chip and redo all the keying for top up... Arghh.. flashpay top up is fast and easy. Can use nfc enable phone to check history when receipt run out.

When car parks around Singapore are transitioning to the new card, good to keep one old chipped card as a backup.

if i'm not wrong, carpark identifies each vehicle with their unique IU. it doesn't care if you use the same cash card between entry and exit. 

seems to be a simple upgrade on software part to support contactless cashcard..

Carpark operators don't want to incur the additional cost of upgrading their system. As long as they are still able to collect their parking fees, doubt they bother about the inconvenience faced by drivers who have to borrow cashcard from other drivers etc.

NETS also doesn't want to incur the additional cost because there is nothing to gain from them.

• Praise 1

The reason I like the Flashpay cards is that I can easily top it up using my NFC capable phone (I ensure I always get a phone with this functionality).

Which app?

What's the charges for the top up using the app.