Komoco new promotion

RickWong

Personally I feel it's ultra competitive pricing.

Many don't care about free servicing etc.

Give the cheapest price and they did!

Accent is priced like an attrage.

Remember, Feb to Apr Coe quota will drop.

Kmc got balls.

Just see the COE rebate level lor, the ball is in the buyers' court to top up if COE rises. But to me, it will probably hold. The motor show and CNY season had made a pretty small uptake for COE prices that the next quarter will be pretty slow anyway.

↡ Advertisement

The undelined caught my attention - need to pay for engine oil when doing 1k and 10k servicing.

Consumers here generally are used to totally free 1k, 10k, and 20k servicing. This one cheapskate enough to beat the cake by taking out the 20k servicing some more. In my opinion, should not try to look generous and yet scrimp on something so minor. Also like trying to use the servicing shortfall to sponsor the free front and rear camera which should be about equivalent in cost. Really look cheapskate imho.

If the discount is large enough why not. It’s all about the money in the end. Or would you rather have $1k added to cover oil and oil filter for 1,10 and 20k Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

Take all the discounts in cash... keep the service credits for what?

Its down the drain when you the sell the car. It makes the selling easier but you won't get back a dime.

• Praise 1

If the discount is large enough why not. It’s all about the money in the end. Or would you rather have $1k added to cover oil and oil filter for 1,10 and 20k

I do not understand this obsession that servicing is only about change oil filters and engine oils. Is it really that simple? You can argue that because you have "seen" mechanics at ADs not doing thorough jobs, but that is not good reason for all to do only oil and filter change for all servicing sans major servicing.

There are checkpoints stipulated in every servicing intervals for good reason. If you are LAOJIAO enough that you know how to do the checking yourself and at what interval, then perhaps it is good for you. But frankly how many even know how to visually check the brake pads for example, even after owning cars for 20 years. Safety will be compromised if you keep on driving in this manner and put your family at risk. Isn't this the forum that put scorn on cars with only 2 airbags? Yet can accept the notion that servicing is only about oil and filter change? How funny.

I worry the impact this thinking will have on those car newbies or those who scrip and save to own a car. This situation will be bad for our roads with many time bombs floating around. And it is definitely not help by this AD who is trying hard to push sales at the expense of the safety of their customers. I do not want to accuse them of perpetuating wrong thinking, but they are definitely doing it wrong. By all means stick to the price as realistically could, reinstate the full servicing coverage till 20k intervals but remove the front and rear DVR for example. And I will be curious to see how it is going to honour those who bite knowing that COE is going to drive the car price up in the next 3 months. 

Those who have little knowledge on cars, bochap, will spend time and $200 to service at AD.

Those DIY who wants value for money and save time will service outside at $50.

What I worry is those with little knowledge on cars, bochap, will service outside at $50 instead. 

Just see the COE rebate level lor, the ball is in the buyers' court to top up if COE rises. But to me, it will probably hold. The motor show and CNY season had made a pretty small uptake for COE prices that the next quarter will be pretty slow anyway.

It has been proven that car buyers here have very short-term memory lah.

And before this turn ugly, let me rephrase my thinking. By all means keep to the cut-throat prices, but remove some not so critical freebies that has the equivalent values of the free servicings till 20k mileage and provide the free servicings so that the cut-throat prices can be had. This will show the AD to be more responsible agents, and will in the same stroke bring in business for its workshops. To me is win win so why not. It does not mean cheaper rides do not need to do proper servicing.

Edited by Heartlander
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

I do not understand this obsession that servicing is only about change oil filters and engine oils. Is it really that simple? You can argue that because you have "seen" mechanics at ADs not doing thorough jobs, but that is not good reason for all to do only oil and filter change for all servicing sans major servicing.

There are checkpoints stipulated in every servicing intervals for good reason. If you are LAOJIAO enough that you know how to do the checking yourself and at what interval, then perhaps it is good for you. But frankly how many even know how to visually check the brake pads for example, even after owning cars for 20 years. Safety will be compromised if you keep on driving in this manner and put your family at risk. Isn't this the forum that put scorn on cars with only 2 airbags? Yet can accept the notion that servicing is only about oil and filter change? How funny.

I worry the impact this thinking will have on those car newbies or those who scrip and save to own a car. This situation will be bad for our roads with many time bombs floating around. And it is definitely not help by this AD who is trying hard to push sales at the expense of the safety of their customers. I do not want to accuse them of perpetuating wrong thinking, but they are definitely doing it wrong. By all means stick to the price as realistically could, reinstate the full servicing coverage till 20k intervals but remove the front and rear DVR for example. And I will be curious to see how it is going to honour those who bite knowing that COE is going to drive the car price up in the next 3 months.

What I worry is those with little knowledge on cars, bochap, will service outside at $50 instead.

It has been proven that car buyers here have very short-term memory lah.

And before this turn ugly, let me rephrase my thinking. By all means keep to the cut-throat prices, but remove some not so critical freebies that has the equivalent values of the free servicings till 20k mileage and provide the free servicings so that the cut-throat prices can be had. This will show the AD to be more responsible agents, and will in the same stroke bring in business for its workshops. To me is win win so why not. It does not mean cheaper rides do not need to do proper servicing.

Hahha. You try to teach me about maintaining cars? Please.....

I pity all those in high labour rate countries where lots of them have no choice to DIY, many exploding cars, accidents, leaking plumbing in houses.

Anyway it’s about the first 2-3 servicings at komoco. Where at 1k it’s just a oil and filter change. 10k is the same. That’s is the only consumable that you have to pay for. Everything else are checks which is part of the laboir that they quote as free.

Anyway you are the best candidate for the AD to ketok. I shall not say more. To each his own.

Edited by Mkl22

Hahha. You try to teach me about maintaining cars? Please.....

I pity all those in high labour rate countries where lots of them have no choice to DIY, many exploding cars, accidents, leaking plumbing in houses.

Anyway it’s about the first 2-3 servicings at komoco. Where at 1k it’s just a oil and filter change. 10k is the same. That’s is the only consumable that you have to pay for. Everything else are checks which is part of the laboir that they quote as free.

Anyway you are the best candidate for the AD to ketok. I shall not say more. To each his own.

My apology I have hurt your feelings by not knowing or doubting your guru-ness on cars. How arrogance of anyone to talk like that, and better in generalizing. There are some DIYs that can be done by untrained people, and some definitely not recommended. 

Anyway I think I have stated my point clearly. To me the AD is still sending out a wrong message.

My apology I have hurt your feelings by not knowing or doubting your guru-ness on cars. How arrogance of anyone to talk like that, and better in generalizing. There are some DIYs that can be done by untrained people, and some definitely not recommended.

Anyway I think I have stated my point clearly. To me the AD is still sending out a wrong message.

Not sending out wrong message la!

Cos AD now cannot anyhow void warranty without sending car for them to service.

So they let you have option of service outside if you prefer to?

Since komoco workshop now always fully pack or maybe they can't cope?lol...

Anyway,change oil and filter how to void warranty?lol...

And those outside mechanic a lot last time also work in AD before.

• Praise 1

Not sending out wrong message la!

Cos AD now cannot anyhow void warranty without sending car for them to service.

So they let you have option of service outside if you prefer to?

Since komoco workshop now always fully pack or maybe they can't cope?lol...

Anyway,change oil and filter how to void warranty?lol...

And those outside mechanic a lot last time also work in AD before.

if one wants to play safe, one service outside and another one by AD. Or basic service outside but major service go back to AD. 

• Praise 1

if one wants to play safe, one service outside and another one by AD. Or basic service outside but major service go back to AD.

Ya!

This is what I do.Mine is first three free.

Major service then go to them since 5yrs warranty.

I go back to them to help to solve some funny noise,the SA check their system and casual ask me never come back for servicing?lol...

But they still take in the car and troubleshoot for me.

They flexible,I also flexible.Major service let them earn abit.lol...

• Praise 5

Anyone got recommendations for SE. Can pay in cash for same amount?

Ivan. Changing your accent soon?

Getting which car?

The price require loan.

How much your paper now? Most likely they take at paper only

Edited by Friendstar

Ivan. Changing your accent soon?

Getting which car?

The price require loan.

How much your paper now? Most likely they take at paper only

Got a fellow accent owner pm me a lobang. Most probably getting from another authorised dealer instead. No loan, paper plus $1500 for body, manual.
  • Praise 1

If the deals are genuine where there is really huge discounts offered, then why risk looking cheapskate by pulling this stunt that cost only about $500?

Why not just offer standard par freebies but reduce the huge discount by $500? If the huge discounts are really necessary to attract buyers, might as well remove more fredbies to have even more discount upfront to look even more attractive?

Why not? Cause you are not the owner running the business.

Or maybe you should consider being an AD then, import your own cars and sell at whatever price u want.
  • Praise 2

Got a fellow accent owner pm me a lobang. Most probably getting from another authorised dealer instead. No loan, paper plus $1500 for body, manual.

Wat u getting?

Wat u getting?

2019 Hyundai Avante Basic. It's good enough, with rear aircon, 8 inch infotainment, 6 airbags, ABS+ESC+EBD+VSC, hill start assist, gear mode selection and etc etc..

The features more like S version of the previous elantra.

• Praise 2

2019 Hyundai Avante Basic. It's good enough, with rear aircon, 8 inch infotainment, 6 airbags, ABS+ESC+EBD+VSC, hill start assist, gear mode selection and etc etc..

The features more like S version of the previous elantra.

Wow avante basic so complete.

It's really good enough

I think stuff like keyless and push start are over rated

↡ Advertisement