Komoco new promotion

RickWong

Hypersonic

Hi Bros,

Thanks for all your feedback and suggestions. We finally settled on a 2 year old Jazz that a friend's friend was selling due to oversea posting.

I currently have a Hyundai Avante due for COE renewal end of the year and a 6 month old Toyota Prius +. Original plan was for me to renew COE for Avante and continue driving it, while my wife and MIL drive the Prius +.

However, my wife and MIL find it really difficult to drive the Prius + due to the length and size (test drive was fine [;)] ), hence we're getting the Jazz.

A bit of dilemma as to whether to:

1) Renew the COE for Avante (Still pretty good condition) and sell the Prius + (now we only need 7-seater ard 15% of the time), but take a big hit on resale value (although sale can clear off the loan)

2) Sell the Avante and drive the Prius + myself (Quite extravagant to own 2 relatively new cars).

Thanks in advance for your feedback !

If u can afford 2 cars. Then choose the one that suits your needs. If u need 7 seater sometimes, have a 7 seater.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Not bad COE goes down 9k and they discount 8888

can still make a bigger profit of 112.

:D

AD always win one bah..
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

AD always win one bah..

Yeah AD always win.

Gov always win.

MIL always win.

Hard truths.

Hypersonic
(edited)

1 more.... Wife always win

I heard in Singapore got men do wife swapping.

I like to be original and want to be the first to do MIL swapping.

I am even offering $50 if someone wants to swap their MIL with mine.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

I heard in Singapore got men do wife swapping.

I like to be original and want to be the first to do MIL swapping.

I am even offering $50 if someone wants to swap their MIL with mine.

Haam no pic no talk.
  • Praise 1

Hi.

I have not visited the showroom but would like to know here when AD states that the deal comes with “X number of years unlimited warranty”, do they mean that the warranty will only be honored WHEN the car has been sent to them for servicing within that stated number of years?

What if I have not returned to them for servicing for past one year (service outside), then one fine day, say, the alternator fails on me? And this occurs within that warranty period?

Thank you for sharing your experience or knowledge.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Technically they can't void warranty for unrelated problem i.e u change rim, they void alternator warranty

But good luck banging table if that happens n they wanna find fault

For me, the additional cost of servicing at AD vs outside during warranty period is onli a very small % of the car cost. Plus, buyer oredi paid for the warranty. So why throw away big money to save small money?

• Praise 1

Hi.

I have not visited the showroom but would like to know here when AD states that the deal comes with âX number of years unlimited warrantyâ, do they mean that the warranty will only be honored WHEN the car has been sent to them for servicing within that stated number of years?

What if I have not returned to them for servicing for past one year (service outside), then one fine day, say, the alternator fails on me? And this occurs within that warranty period?

Hi. If worry, opt for service package and warranty that end the same time. Both would have been paid for.

At least 1 year warranty by AD to iron out some issues is worth it.

• Praise 2

Hi.

I have not visited the showroom but would like to know here when AD states that the deal comes with âX number of years unlimited warrantyâ, do they mean that the warranty will only be honored WHEN the car has been sent to them for servicing within that stated number of years?

Beware those who tell you buy own parts n service at outside workshops. It takes a few minutes to type this type of opinion but will affect your car warranty badly. Also beware those who tell you that some anti competition Singapore body says it will not void warranty. They will not be responsible at all if AD void it

Hi.

I have owned two Hyundai cars... the first one an Elantra in 2002 which I drove for 5 years, the second is currently a Sonata VIII which is now 3 years old... in both cases, I have never serviced the cars with Komoco other than the first two free servicings at 1000 & 10,000 km... and I've never had problems claiming warranty up to the 5th year... my Elantra had the front bonnet chrome strip, front two sunshades, oxygen sensor, front headlamp all replaced under warranty. My current Sonata has the front two sunshades, plus rear taillight cluster replaced... I just had the taillight replaced... you can check the Sonata 2015 thread... my Sonata's mileage is now 46,000 km... I don't even service it in Singapore... I do it in Malaysia... just buy original parts and have it serviced... anything that fails understand warranty, Komoco replaces without question... so far I have not had any issue... that's my experience... for what's it's worth... my ownership of both cars are 10 years apart... 2002 to 2007 and 2016 to now...
  • Praise 7

Turbocharged

I have owned two Hyundai cars... the first one an Elantra in 2002 which I drove for 5 years, the second is currently a Sonata VIII which is now 3 years old... in both cases, I have never serviced the cars with Komoco other than the first two free servicings at 1000 & 10,000 km... and I've never had problems claiming warranty up to the 5th year... my Elantra had the front bonnet chrome strip, front two sunshades, oxygen sensor, front headlamp all replaced under warranty. My current Sonata has the front two sunshades, plus rear taillight cluster replaced... I just had the taillight replaced... you can check the Sonata 2015 thread... my Sonata's mileage is now 46,000 km... I don't even service it in Singapore... I do it in Malaysia... just buy original parts and have it serviced... anything that fails understand warranty, Komoco replaces without question... so far I have not had any issue... that's my experience... for what's it's worth... my ownership of both cars are 10 years apart... 2002 to 2007 and 2016 to now...

Your surname Teo.. Komoco owner also Teo.. U privilege.. non Teo dio Diu
  • Praise 1

Beware those who tell you buy own parts n service at outside workshops. It takes a few minutes to type this type of opinion but will affect your car warranty badly. Also beware those who tell you that some anti competition Singapore body says it will not void warranty. They will not be responsible at all if AD void it

Uncle... been there done that... relax... you dare not do... don't need to scare other people lar...

Your surname Teo.. Komoco owner also Teo.. U privilege.. non Teo dio Diu

Funny lar bro... ha ha... didn't know I had such privilege... you're the first one to tell me that leh...

Uncle... been there done that... relax... you dare not do... don't need to scare other people lar...

Funny lar bro... ha ha... didn't know I had such privilege... you're the first one to tell me that leh...

Ok. Since you gave your word that komoco will honour the warranty even if owners service outside, then those owners may wanna seriously consider who to service with.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Ok. Since you gave your word that komoco will honour the warranty even if owners service outside, then those owners may wanna seriously consider who to service with.

This applies to all car distributors, not just Komoco.

Click here - https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/car-dealers-independent-workshops-warranty-void-9488024

Edited by Vinceng