Personal info and HIV-positive status of 14200 people leaked

Raubern

I think govt stance on HIV is quite clear. If u have hiv, u cant step into the borders.

If u get diagnosed here in SG, you will be deported.

Could there be a few golden unicorns? Yes possible. But almost impossible to be 8800.

The information we need, and we have to thus ask - how long have these 8,800 been auto-roaming before their diagnosis, and how many of them are still here despite their HIV status.

Also, how many have they infected here.

↡ Advertisement

I'm SOP kick in

1) minister say sorry.

2) convenes COI

3) COI says XXX at fault

4) govt blames that guy n says Resolve the problem liao

5) case close move on

Until next cockip

TaiJi Grandmaster and Prata Flipping King  [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

The information we need, and we have to thus ask - how long have these 8,800 been auto-roaming before their diagnosis, and how many of them are still here despite their HIV status.

Also, how many have they infected here.

Pass holders need to be tested on application. Every 2 years need to repeat. From maids, work permit/S-pass/E-pass, i think it's all standard.

Edited by Lala81

SINGAPORE: The HIV-positive status of 14,200 people â and confidential information such as their identification numbers and contact details â has been leaked online, the Ministry of Health (MOH) said on Monday (Jan 28).

The records were those of 5,400 Singaporeans diagnosed with HIV up to January 2013 and 8,800 foreigners, including work and visit pass applicants and holders, diagnosed with HIV up to December 2011.

The leaked information included their names, identification numbers, phone numbers, addresses, HIV test results and medical information. The details of another 2,400 of their contacts â identified through contact tracing â up to May 2007 were also leaked, MOH said in a press release.

The HIV Registry contains information on individuals diagnosed with HIV, a notifiable disease under the Infectious Diseases Act. The ministry said it uses the registry to monitor the HIV infection situation, conduct contact tracing and assess disease prevention and management measures.

The information is in the possession of an âunauthorised personâ â Mikhy K Farrera Brochez, a US citizen in Singapore. Brochez was deported from Singapore in April 2018, after he was convicted of fraud and drug-related offences and sentenced to 28 monthsâ jail.

âWhile access to the confidential information has been disabled, it is still in the possession of the unauthorised person, and could still be publicly disclosed in the future,â MOH said. âWe are working with relevant parties to scan the Internet for signs of further disclosure of the information.

âWe are sorry for the anxiety and distress caused by this incident. Our priority is the well-being of the affected individuals,â the ministry added.

âWe appeal to members of the public to notify MOH immediately should they come across information related to this incident, and not further share it.â

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/hiv-positive-records-leaked-online-singapore-mikhy-brochez-11175718

Why "unauthorised person" - Mikhy K Farrera Brochez, a US citizen in Singapore. Brochez was deported from Singapore in April 2018, after he was convicted of fraud and drug-related .......

So was he the unauthorised person with all the information?

• Praise 2

Pass holders need to be tested on application. Every 2 years need to repeat. From maids, work permit/S-pass/E-pass, i think it's all standard.

The concern is on those S and Employment pass applicants who can use their own countries' medical reports to file for their work passes. Those I do not trust.

I don't have so much worries over the lower skilled workers or maids because they are almost exclusively tested by Singapore doctors.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1

The concern is on those S and Employment pass applicants who can use their own countries' medical reports to file for their work passes. Those I do not trust.

I don't have so much worries over the lower skilled workers or maids because they are almost exclusively tested by Singapore doctors.

Yeah of course it's possible in certain places. 

Just like how maids come over even though they are <23 years old lol

I don't know if u can do the renewal overseas even for E pass. Don't think so. Cos most people just do in SG.

Edited by Lala81

Health Minister NEEDS to step down.

Too many COCK up.

Really CCB XAX

Just taichi it away or flip prata job done Liao

Pinky and doggies sop mah

Somebody should consolidate all the government cock ups since the last election.

Impossible bro cos everything cock up

• Praise 1

I shall not make any comments here about the doc who is gay and head of some MOH unit, who conspire with his gay partner on this.

We have doctors in our midst.

But I really wonder what else did this doc do to help his partner.

Holy cow...... Our system ...

Somebody should consolidate all the government cock ups since the last election.

50 man years it takes.. too much.. too much..

Yoda

SINGAPORE: The HIV-positive status of 14,200 people â and confidential information such as their identification numbers and contact details â has been leaked online, the Ministry of Health (MOH) said on Monday (Jan 28).

The records were those of 5,400 Singaporeans diagnosed with HIV up to January 2013 and 8,800 foreigners, including work and visit pass applicants and holders, diagnosed with HIV up to December 2011.

The leaked information included their names, identification numbers, phone numbers, addresses, HIV test results and medical information. The details of another 2,400 of their contacts â identified through contact tracing â up to May 2007 were also leaked, MOH said in a press release.

The HIV Registry contains information on individuals diagnosed with HIV, a notifiable disease under the Infectious Diseases Act. The ministry said it uses the registry to monitor the HIV infection situation, conduct contact tracing and assess disease prevention and management measures.

The information is in the possession of an âunauthorised personâ â Mikhy K Farrera Brochez, a US citizen in Singapore. Brochez was deported from Singapore in April 2018, after he was convicted of fraud and drug-related offences and sentenced to 28 monthsâ jail.

âWhile access to the confidential information has been disabled, it is still in the possession of the unauthorised person, and could still be publicly disclosed in the future,â MOH said. âWe are working with relevant parties to scan the Internet for signs of further disclosure of the information.

âWe are sorry for the anxiety and distress caused by this incident. Our priority is the well-being of the affected individuals,â the ministry added.

âWe appeal to members of the public to notify MOH immediately should they come across information related to this incident, and not further share it.â

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/hiv-positive-records-leaked-online-singapore-mikhy-brochez-11175718

I wonder if lawsuits are coming from the foreigners whose details were leaked..

Just taichi it away or flip prata job done Liao

Pinky and doggies sop mah

Impossible bro cos everything cock up

Deep seated cultural issues spreading across the board.

Armed forces and now medical.

There was just a big leakage of medical records just last year and now this. 

Something is really wrong with system and the very top.

the guy was in contact with students and set up a children psychological clinic.

how sure is MOH that nothing was passed to the students

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2