Personal info and HIV-positive status of 14200 people leaked

Raubern

When the very very top have the " honest mistake, lets move on " + " no blame culture " who will care ? 

Compared to last time when " removing the top was easy " !! 

↡ Advertisement

I don't mind if the cost is well spent. My wife works in a big international firm that does security testing.

The way the contracts are awarded really makes me sad.

My wife was almost want to complain to the ethics committee in her company but being a company, they decided not to burn bridges.

Lets put it this way the contract is awarded to a Singapore startup with like 1-2 employees kind...

You pay money but make sure you don't get monkeys to do the work.

Well... AIM proved even $2 company also ok what.. what if the 1-2 employee company is $10??

Supercharged

Need to fix problem first.

I prefer Prince Salman way over Kim. But am good with either. No recourse otherwise.

Najib also good at such kau tim  :D

Supercharged

This MFB guy was able to get employment in two polytechnics. Which two?

This MFB guy published in scientific journals. Wh8ch journal? I go ovid and look.

This MFB guy represented Singapore in international academics and research. US CITIZEN CAN MEH? The child psychology people in Sgp jin jialat.

https://www.asiaone.com/News/Education/Story/A1Story20091228-188488.html

More FT in faculty = higher poly/university ranking mah! Ditto foreign students. Like MIWs, all about KPIs.

• Praise 1

SINGAPORE: The HIV-positive status of 14,200 people – and confidential information such as their identification numbers and contact details – has been leaked online, the Ministry of Health (MOH) said on Monday (Jan 28).

actually what do they mean by leaked online?

Is it system got hacked in by someone?

• Praise 1

According to the report on Yahoo (https://sg.news.yahoo.com/hiv-positive-status-14200-people-singapore-leaked-online-american-fraudster-moh-105013704.html),

"In May 2016, MOH lodged a police report after receiving information that Brochez was in possession of confidential information that appeared to be from the HIV Registry. Ler’s and Brochez’s properties were searched, and all relevant material found were seized by the police.

After Brochez had been deported from Singapore, MOH received information in May 2018 that Brochez still had part of the records he had in 2016. MOH lodged a police report, and contacted the affected individuals to notify them.

On 22 January 2019, MOH was notified that more information from the HIV Registry could still be in the illegal possession of Brochez. On this occasion, he had disclosed the information online."

To me, the leak happened all the way back in 2016, by no later than May 2016 when MOH got to know about Brochez having the confidential information. The leak did not only happen a few days back, just that the public was only made aware of it now. Were the persons whose confidential information was leaked notified about the leak in 2016? From the Yahoo report, that is unclear. The only sentence about affected persons being notified is when MOH received more information in May 2018 that Brochez still had some records.

I can understand if a private company learned that confidential information it possesses has been leaked (note that it doesn't have to be leaked online to be leaked. Leaked means going outside the confines of the company) and it doesn't go public about it. But we are talking about the MOH here.

I went to read up a bit on the past charges and censures against Ler and Brochez, it seems like none of them were about possession/leaking of confidential information, but rather about swapping blood test samples, cheating, lying to public servant, forgery, drugs possession. Perhaps confidential information-related charges were taken into consideration, the existing available reports that I can see do not make clear one way or another.

As a timeline reference, Gan came out to speak against a blame culture in healthcare in early Apr 2016.

Draw your own conclusions, I know I have mine.

• Praise 2

Thanks for pointing this out. But this data is quite old. Latest is about 2014. So those people will not have been allowed in back then.

Doc what do you think?

An HIV sufferer shouldn't he be proactively to show concern for other fellow HIV sufferers and destroy the data. 

• Praise 4

Doc what do you think?

An HIV sufferer shouldn't he be proactively to show concern for other fellow HIV sufferers and destroy the data.

This guy is a toxic personality. All these events have shown that. I doubt he really cares about the effect on other people.
  • Praise 3

End of the day, this is serious SHIT...

And this Gan is still in office after so many lapses,..

Really Uniquely SGP..

....the Gun should be sack long ago...no point apologizing to the public..damn the 69.9%....you vote for it

• Praise 2