• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
50 replies to this topic | 414 praises

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:25 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Avijit Das Patnaik looks baffled as he utters these words, as if he is still trying to make sense of what has happened in the five months since making headlines for sharing an image - created by someone else - on social media of a Singapore flag being ripped to reveal an Indian flag.

“If you Google my name, there are more hits and searches against my name than against leading terrorists and scamsters,” the 45-year-old tells Channel NewsAsia. 

The consequences of sharing the image on a Facebook post in August last year have been devastating for the Singapore Permanent Resident, who is originally from India: He’s now jobless and he, along with his wife and two young children, will now likely have to leave the country that's been their home for the last ten years. 

Their HDB flat is now on the market, and all that is left is for it to be sold.

The former vice-president at DBS has now been branded a “troublemaker" by some, he points out, but his fervent desire is clearly to explain how he is sensitive to being a foreigner living in a country he says he loves. 

https://www.channeln...erview-11152596

I wish him well in India.

Edited by Sdf4786k, 29 January 2019 - 10:26 AM.

Beregond, Freeder, Vratenza and Daniu82 praised this

Posted 29 January 2019 - 07:58 PM

Sosaria
  • Sosaria
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

This guy complain cannot secure another job at the same level but should count himself lucky he can still stay on until now as PR. Unlike the other PR, former SIA pilot, was stripped of the PR status and asked to go, albeit for a more serious transgression in the eyes of the authorities.

If he wants to stay on and enjoy what he likes about staying here and the advantages, then he should eat humble pie, downgrade his job expectations, it's not impossible. But still hope to live like expat ...

Edited by Sosaria, 29 January 2019 - 07:59 PM.

Sdf4786k and Volvobrick praised this

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:49 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Social media can be a powerful thing.

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:00 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It's a reality that in this day of Internet
And cheap air travel, telecommunications back to their country, no one really uproot themselves totally.
The three big cultures (prc, Indian nationals, filipino) still have very strong roots back in their own country.

I can see my friends or acquaintances are still very much attached to India even though they were born here (2nd generation) or have been here >2/3 of their lives. And yes they served ns etc.
Sdf4786k praised this

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:00 PM

t0y0ta
  • t0y0ta
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Avijit Das Patnaik looks baffled as he utters these words, as if he is still trying to make sense of what has happened in the five months since making headlines for sharing an image - created by someone else - on social media of a Singapore flag being ripped to reveal an Indian flag.

“If you Google my name, there are more hits and searches against my name than against leading terrorists and scamsters,” the 45-year-old tells Channel NewsAsia. 

The consequences of sharing the image on a Facebook post in August last year have been devastating for the Singapore Permanent Resident, who is originally from India: He’s now jobless and he, along with his wife and two young children, will now likely have to leave the country that's been their home for the last ten years. 

Their HDB flat is now on the market, and all that is left is for it to be sold.

The former vice-president at DBS has now been branded a “troublemaker" by some, he points out, but his fervent desire is clearly to explain how he is sensitive to being a foreigner living in a country he says he loves. 

https://www.channeln...erview-11152596

I wish him well in India.

There are both sides of story.

Every action has consequences, unintentional or otherwise. In India, recklessly fwding Whatsapp msgs have caused riots and deaths.

But we also don't wanna drive ppl up to the wall.

Sad case is for this man & his family it didn't work out in SG.

Hope everyone can learn to be cautious esp posting on public-facing FB.

Othello, Sdf4786k, Lala81, Mercury1 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:36 AM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

One leave, ten others come or maybe even more.
Staff69, RH1667 and Volvobrick praised this

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:48 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

big deal meh?

I wasn't bothered when i read about what he posted.

I am not bothered after reading his sad story.

Surprised i bothered to post a comment here.

Edited by Kusje, 30 January 2019 - 12:49 AM.

That is all.

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:14 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Jiak sai
Staff69, RH1667, Watwheels and Volvobrick praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:39 AM

Sagara
  • Premium member
    Sagara
    4th Gear
    Author Image

His heart and body can finally be together back in india. Congratulation.

Staff69, SGCMmadman, Weez911, RH1667, Othello, Mockngbrd, Lala81 and 2 other members praised this

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:28 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

早知今日 何必当初
Volvobrick praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:39 AM

Weez911
  • Premium member
    Weez911
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I be curious to see what the US veterans will do to him if he rips the American flag in the middle of Virginia.

RH1667 and Freeder praised this

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:43 AM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If you cannot show respect to a country, you lose respect for yourself. Please don't step on the soil you hate so much.
Picnic06-Biante15 and Gunzy praised this

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:50 AM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

wah i am surprised no one said it’s his way of showing his love for singapore.... who are we to judge

🤭😂

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:50 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Rip.

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:12 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Good riddance. Full of lame excuses. Stop with the noble bullsh!t. What CB here and his LJ there. It's just a last desperate attempt to crawl back. Who the F hired him anyways?

Weez911 and Volvobrick praised this
Too much to think about...

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:13 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

wah i am surprised no one said it’s his way of showing his love for singapore.... who are we to judge

🤭😂

It's his way of showing his love for singapore.... who are you to judge?

That is all.

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:15 AM

Ichibawa
  • Premium member
    Ichibawa
    6th Gear
    Author Image

How can a VP be so insensitive and brainless to such thing. Good that they get rid of him. Our arm forces don't have to defend a buffoon like him. 

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:18 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How can a VP be so insensitive and brainless to such thing. Good that they get rid of him. Our arm forces don't have to defend a buffoon like him. 

yar lor yar lor.

Our armed forces is not his private army leh. Only meant for defending people who think like him but are slightly smarter and don't post about it on facebook.

That is all.

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:23 AM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It's his way of showing his love for singapore.... who are you to judge?

thank you.

you still need to hurl insults at me and ask me to go back to edmw to join my juvenile gang

carry on....

😂

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:26 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

thank you.

you still need to hurl insults at me and ask me to go back to edmw to join my juvenile gang

carry on....

😂

knnpcb you racist fellow.

go back to edmw to join your juvenile gang!

Now that I've done what you asked, don't forget my roast goose treat for CNY

Edited by Kusje, 30 January 2019 - 09:26 AM.

That is all.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: singapore flag, dbs employee and 7 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users