Indian national says ripped flag image a piece of “art”

Sdf4786k

It's his way of showing his love for singapore.... who are you to judge?

thank you.

you still need to hurl insults at me and ask me to go back to edmw to join my juvenile gang

carry on....

↡ Advertisement

thank you.

you still need to hurl insults at me and ask me to go back to edmw to join my juvenile gang

carry on....

Edited by Kusje

This guy complain cannot secure another job at the same level but should count himself lucky he can still stay on until now as PR. Unlike the other PR, former SIA pilot, was stripped of the PR status and asked to go, albeit for a more serious transgression in the eyes of the authorities.

If he wants to stay on and enjoy what he likes about staying here and the advantages, then he should eat humble pie, downgrade his job expectations, it's not impossible. But still hope to live like expat ...

My view here is, does every Singaporean who move to australia, becomes a PR has the same kind of conviction to love Singapore?

If not, then what is the secret to retaining the heart, mind and soul of someone who goes to another country for lack of a better word, a new and meaningful life and builds something better where the country that he leave behind cannot give its citizen.

Case in point is, he came from India because India obviously cannot give him a dimension that is the golden opportunity here in SG.

From his track record of blogs, it does look like he has quite a fair bit of "work life balance". Blogging about cricket and sports as well as movies and still have time to work and have a family.

Which Singaporean as a VP in a bank in Singapore has such luxury of time.? Maybe I should look for a role in DBS to take a slower pace with higher pay.

It's a reality that in this day of Internet

And cheap air travel, telecommunications back to their country, no one really uproot themselves totally.

The three big cultures (prc, Indian nationals, filipino) still have very strong roots back in their own country.

I can see my friends or acquaintances are still very much attached to India even though they were born here (2nd generation) or have been here >2/3 of their lives. And yes they served ns etc.

and here lies the problem. When the next generation goes into the army to serve and protect the nation. When a crisis appears, which end of the spectrum will he protect and will he be torn in between.

There are both sides of story.

Every action has consequences, unintentional or otherwise. In India, recklessly fwding Whatsapp msgs have caused riots and deaths.

But we also don't wanna drive ppl up to the wall.

Sad case is for this man & his family it didn't work out in SG.

Hope everyone can learn to be cautious esp posting on public-facing FB.

I suppose he is very comfortable in SEO and has already know that the vast expanse of popularity and what it attracts.

Just that the expression of what he posted was either taken out of context from his point of view, or he has really no sense of what a Singapore flag and what it means to a nation.

早知今日 何必当初

yeah play with fire, someone will get hurt.

big deal meh?

I wasn't bothered when i read about what he posted.

I am not bothered after reading his sad story.

Surprised i bothered to post a comment here.

I'm not really bothered by his plight. But just a good reminder of the impact of social media/internet notoriety.

• Praise 1

In banking work life balance really depends on the ability to BS, sell the impossible working your team overtime while sucking up to mgmt.

I knew a chap good at this leading a team who was totally lazy at my previous firm. Good at pushing work to other areas and one day he got hired by DBS as a VP (some dumb sinkie fell for his BS and hired him), needless to say his time was spent working his team to the limit while he went around Raffles having coffee and drinks with his old pals.

Finally most his team quit leaving the function in jeopardy and then he got a new job in another bank as a director.

My view here is, does every Singaporean who move to australia, becomes a PR has the same kind of conviction to love Singapore?

If not, then what is the secret to retaining the heart, mind and soul of someone who goes to another country for lack of a better word, a new and meaningful life and builds something better where the country that he leave behind cannot give its citizen.

Case in point is, he came from India because India obviously cannot give him a dimension that is the golden opportunity here in SG.

From his track record of blogs, it does look like he has quite a fair bit of "work life balance". Blogging about cricket and sports as well as movies and still have time to work and have a family.

Which Singaporean as a VP in a bank in Singapore has such luxury of time.? Maybe I should look for a role in DBS to take a slower pace with higher pay.

and here lies the problem. When the next generation goes into the army to serve and protect the nation. When a crisis appears, which end of the spectrum will he protect and will he be torn in between.

I suppose he is very comfortable in SEO and has already know that the vast expanse of popularity and what it attracts.

Just that the expression of what he posted was either taken out of context from his point of view, or he has really no sense of what a Singapore flag and what it means to a nation.

• Praise 7

In banking work life balance really depends on the ability to BS, sell the impossible working your team overtime while sucking up to mgmt.

I knew a chap good at this leading a team who was totally lazy at my previous firm. Good at pushing work to other areas and one day he got hired by DBS as a VP (some dumb sinkie fell for his BS and hired him), needless to say his time was spent working his team to the limit while he went around Raffles having coffee and drinks with his old pals.

Finally most his team quit leaving the function in jeopardy and then he got a new job in another bank as a director.

I see, commiting to someone elses bhalf is a great DNA to have..

In other words.. 

We were always taught, dont comit like a hero and ide like a fool.. aka dont kai kian

While the other guys mutate and evolved it to 

Boss comit like a hero and all of us dies like a fool...

• Praise 1

VP and staying in HDB.

The reason why HDB prices can be ridiculous.

Title is VP, very nice

But pay wise could be only $3k to $4k niah..... :slow:

How to stay in condo or landed property ... :secret-laugh:

• Praise 4

It's the same everywhere. 

There are surgeons who can talk a good surgery but can't do one.

Usually from the one certain nationality lah.

My friends always complain to me when they are forced to listen to their crap during meetings  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

There are both sides of story.

Every action has consequences, unintentional or otherwise. In India, recklessly fwding Whatsapp msgs have caused riots and deaths.

But we also don't wanna drive ppl up to the wall.

Sad case is for this man & his family it didn't work out in SG.

Hope everyone can learn to be cautious esp posting on public-facing FB.

Not sure if it is just me, but I got a feeling that after this news is out, he wouldn't be jobless for long.

Some high level expats (from the same country) will help him.

Please don't! Waste my tax money to feed and clothe him!

Why no? Can put him in the navy. Then when we sail to India, he can become our liaison officer. Make him work for his worth.

• Praise 2

Please don't! Waste my tax money to feed and clothe him!

definitely got to feed him la

but if you wanna see him nekkid then don't need clothe him  [dizzy]

the smart people should just quit facebook and all social media.

they leave breadcrumbs for others to follow and attack you,

why exposed yourself for nothing ?

↡ Advertisement