Should dashcams be made illegal in SG too?

Mr_b20

With the latest video regarding the Go-Jek driver and his passenger, this topic will certainly be brought up for discussion.

Is it right for the driver to film the altercation and upload to social media?

Ever since the video went viral, I bet the life of the lady would be turned upside down with all the social media exposure from the vigilantes.

There are certainly pros and cons to have video evidence and it is in a grey area between white/black, right/wrong. 

I do think this will be a diffcult discussion to come out from.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

With the latest video regarding the Go-Jek driver and his passenger, this topic will certainly be brought up for discussion.

Ever since the video went viral, I bet the life of the lady would be turned upside down with all the social media exposure from the vigilantes.

There are certainly pros and cons to have video evidence and it is in a grey area between white/black, right/wrong. 

The view of the video look like it is taken by the driver's HP, not inside facing dash camera. The view suggested that the camera is mounted on the right hand side of the windscreen. 

This is scary. Who determine the weightage of each components and can the logarithms be manipulated to disadvantage certain segment of society?

If I hold different views from the ruling party and share those views online, will I be denied credit and or certain govt jobs that has nothing to do with my political inclination?

This is scary. Who determine the weightage of each components and can the logarithms be manipulated to disadvantage certain segment of society?

If I hold different views from the ruling party and share those views online, will I be denied credit and or certain govt jobs that has nothing to do with my political inclination?

Still want China Social Credit System?

Who would believe an old malay uncle phv driver if a privileged(enough to take phv) chinese girl accused him of kidnap or worse? Perhaps it was uncalled for to upload to social media though, he should have just kept it as evidence in case any charges brought against him after they have parted ways.

Ban dashcams here? Won't happen.

Mata already take advantage of it...

Our Mata Chia even more cameras fitted inside the cabin :a-censored:  

Almost like a mini shooting studio liao  :a-happy:

Our Mata Chia even more cameras fitted inside the cabin :a-censored:

Almost like a mini shooting studio liao :a-happy:

Wow. More than mine?

2 front

2 rear

1 left side

1 right side

1 face inside

7 car cameras in total.

• Praise 1

The view of the video look like it is taken by the driver's HP, not inside facing dash camera. The view suggested that the camera is mounted on the right hand side of the windscreen. 

Yeah understand. I think it's more on the same context of privacy issues with taking video and uploading into social media.

I think this would be a good case study for time to come.

Ban dashcams here? Won't happen.

Mata already take advantage of it...

4Se6dGg.jpg

Think this is rolled out in almost all SG HDB carpark.

No one dare to break window to steal cashcard. Since majirity of cars have cams now.

• Praise 1

Wow. More than mine?

2 front

2 rear

1 left side

1 right side

1 face inside

7 car cameras in total.ð

Bro, don't tell us you are actually working as undercover to catch driver using handphone?

No one dare to break window to steal cashcard. Since majirity of cars have cams now.

Actually if you want to do, do a big one and steal cashcard from every single car on one level and rip out their camera/sd card while you are at it.

Actually if you want to do, do a big one and steal cashcard from every single car on one level and rip out their camera/sd card while you are at it.

That scale must be done by syndicate or a group of teenagers eager to get to Changi Prison.

I can understand the logic of all the cameras except the "1 face inside" one.... [shocked]

U watch WRC??? Inside car camera angle which also shows the driver driving. [laugh]

x480-D53.jpg

• Praise 2

How come all the countries stated no have Asia ones?

But minority have 24/7 monitoring, cos AD say will void warranty if do so!
↡ Advertisement