Jman888
  • Jman888

[:(]

James Ingram, R&B singing star, dead at 66
By Chloe Melas, CNN
Updated 0247 GMT (1047 HKT) January 30, 2019
Source: CNN

James Ingram, R&B singing star, dead at 66 01:04
(CNN)James Ingram, the soulful, smooth voice behind R&B hits like "Just Once" and "I Don't Have The Heart," has died at the age of 66.

Ingram's longtime friend and creative partner, Debbie Allen, confirmed the news of his passing to CNN on Tuesday.
"I have lost my dearest friend and creative partner James Ingram to the Celestial Choir," Allen wrote in a tribute on Twitter. "He will always be cherished, loved and remembered for his genius, his love of family and his humanity. I am blessed to have been so close. We will forever speak his name."

The cause of Ingram's death was not revealed.

Ingram, an Ohio native, got his start as a musician with the band Revelation Funk and later played keyboards for Ray Charles. He was nominated for 14 Grammy Awards, winning for best male R&B performance for his song "One Hundred Ways" in 1981 and best R&B performance for a duo or group in 1984 for "Yah Mo B There."

His duet with Patti Austin, "How Do You Keep the Music Playing," earned an Oscar nomination for best original song in 1983.

Over the course of his career, Ingram also had successful collaborations with Linda Ronstadt, Quincy Jones, Barry White and Dolly Parton.

He co-wrote Michael Jackson's hit song "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)" with Jones.

Ingram was also nominated for two Golden Globe Awards -- one in 1994 for best original song for "The Day I Fall in Love" and again in the same category the following year for "Look What Love Has Done."

Staff69 and Freeder praised this
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:54 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

66 nia... :(

Garage36.com

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Really like the 2nd song
Very nice!!!!

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:26 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Aiyoh!  :mellow:

Me Newcastle fan

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:28 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Frankly I could not recognise him.

My impression of him was only when he was younger like the 2nd video.
Pohhenry praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:38 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

RIP

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:22 PM

Karu
  • Premium member
    Karu
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Nice... They don't make music like these anymore... Another legend gone.  [bigcry]

Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:51 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

RIP. I think he came to SG before ?

Nowadays when you sing with soul, few people are interested. Must do crazy things then people will click and see.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: james ingram, just once, r&b and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users