• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
82 replies to this topic | 251 praises

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:40 PM

Neutrino
  • Neutrino
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The gym I use is undergoing renovation and the other 4 nearby gyms have stupid short term pricing so I've been just doing an hour or so walk daily to keep a bit fit.

Anyway I walked around Pandan Reservoir today, that's an hour walk, plus the 30 minutes to get there and the 30 minutes back.

Nice walk, there are quite a few nice walks around Clementi.

But around the reservoir I saw what must have been a 3 meter long Monitor Lizard.

In fact it was sooo big I thought it might be a Komodo Dragon.

Before I could get my camera out of my back pack the Monitor slid off the rocks into the reservoir.  It made an awful lot of splash.

Saw a smaller Monitor later on maybe one meter long.

I'll have the camera ready in future but don't expect to see it again.

Showster, Jeffc, Dleodleo and Voodooman praised this
There is no law without enforcement

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:47 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The gym I use is undergoing renovation and the other 4 nearby gyms have stupid short term pricing so I've been just doing an hour or so walk daily to keep a bit fit.

Anyway I walked around Pandan Reservoir today, that's an hour walk, plus the 30 minutes to get there and the 30 minutes back.

But around the reservoir I saw what must have been a 3 meter long Monitor Lizard.

Before I could get my camera out of my back pack the Monitor slid off the rocks into the reservoir.  It made an awful lot of splash.

Always nice to see some wild life ..........   :D   Pandan area is still well preserved , quite a Gem .  [thumbsup]  

3m monitor lizard is huge .... it means the main body of the lizard is bigger as a adult man .  :scared:

Mercs praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

Cheesey74
  • Premium member
    Cheesey74
    5th Gear
    Author Image

From the thread title, i thought someone jump or wat but turns out is godzilla monitor lizard sighting  [laugh].. 

Dleodleo praised this
BSS "From Each His Best"

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You spend 1 hour travelling to pandan reservior to walk walk? Anyway, pandan reservoir nice place to go walk and jog, but not much shelter along the way, so can get quite hot when the sun is hot and no where to run if it rains suddenly. Lol. 

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:57 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

That place easy to find parking?  [laugh]

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:21 PM

SiLangKia
  • Premium member
    SiLangKia
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

There're open air HDB carparks opposite [laugh]

Pohhenry, Angcheek and Carbon82 praised this

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:45 PM

Neutrino
  • Neutrino
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

You spend 1 hour travelling to pandan reservior to walk walk? Anyway, pandan reservoir nice place to go walk and jog, but not much shelter along the way, so can get quite hot when the sun is hot and no where to run if it rains suddenly. Lol. 

Walked there and back.

Total 2hr 15 min walking.

There're open air HDB carparks opposite [laugh]

Also Bus 78 from Clementi Central.

Must have seen over 100 canoes in area alongside reservoir and 4 dragon boats and maybe 40 or more rowing skulls .

My HDB overlooks from a distance the reservoir but I've never ever seen any of these boats out on it.

Always thought it would be good for small sailing boat racing as well.

SiLangKia praised this

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:13 PM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

At one stage Pandan Reservoir held the record for having the most suicides by drowning

The gene pool could use a bit of Clorox at times

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:14 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

At one stage Pandan Reservoir held the record for having the most suicides by drowning

I thought is Bedok Reservoir? 

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:05 AM

Gunzy
  • Gunzy
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Walked there and back.

Total 2hr 15 min walking.

from clementi central to reservoir only 30mins??

Edited by Gunzy, 01 February 2019 - 02:08 AM.

cheers
Ryan

Posted 01 February 2019 - 07:58 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

that longkang is full of monitor lizard, you can always spot a few if you walk along the way.

rps20190201_075355.jpg

rps20190201_075738.jpg
Mustank, Dleodleo and Hoseyboh praised this
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:33 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

There is a carpark at the reservoir itself. If not there are also plenty of parking across the road at those HDB flats.

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:48 AM

Neutrino
  • Neutrino
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

from clementi central to reservoir only 30mins??

Yup.

Walk over AYE to Ayer Rajah food center than along West Coast Rd all the way to the reservoir.

Gunzy praised this

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:53 AM

Karoon
  • Premium member
    Karoon
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

one loop is about 6km [laugh] ..... nice but the air there is not too fresh.

Posted 01 February 2019 - 09:42 AM

Knoobie
  • Premium member
    Knoobie
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i thought Komodo Dragon = monitor lizard??

Doesn't mean you drive a faster car, you can travel at 70kph on a clear lane 1 with a train of cars behind you...

that is what lane 2 is for..

Posted 01 February 2019 - 09:48 AM

Evillusion
  • Premium member
    Evillusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Before I could get my camera out of my back pack the Monitor slid off the rocks into the reservoir. It made an awful lot of splash.

monitor lizard.....okay lar....if go at night can see 3 sisters flying around. That wan will be cialat....😂😂😂

i thought Komodo Dragon = monitor lizard??

monitor lizard is the komodo smaller sibling......
Dleodleo praised this
Together We stand Alone

Posted 01 February 2019 - 09:51 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

one loop is about 6km [laugh] ..... nice but the air there is not too fresh.

Quite good for one round of running there, 6km distance just nice.  Air there not fresh? Think still ok la industrial nearby not say very heavy, but if you go on weekend evening, many ah neh at the track. Lol.

monitor lizard.....okay lar....if go at night can see 3 sisters flying around. That wan will be cialat....😂😂😂

What 3 sisters?

Edited by 13177, 01 February 2019 - 09:50 AM.

Posted 01 February 2019 - 09:53 AM

Kklim
  • Premium member
    Kklim
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Been wanting to go there and nearby Sungei Pandan to look-see the small Orang Laut village on the riverbank. Anyone knows if the Yishun Dam Orang Seletar are still there? 

Posted 01 February 2019 - 09:58 AM

Mahjong74
  • Premium member
    Mahjong74
    6th Gear
    Author Image

3 sisters? 

Used to chit chat and drink with friends overnight at the pandan reservoir quite a few times

never see any 3 sisters leh

that longkang is full of monitor lizard, you can always spot a few if you walk along the way.

attachicon.gifrps20190201_075355.jpg

attachicon.gifrps20190201_075738.jpg

this one at sunset way? 

Edited by Mahjong74, 01 February 2019 - 09:58 AM.

Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:02 AM

Evillusion
  • Premium member
    Evillusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Quite good for one round of running there, 6km distance just nice. Air there not fresh? Think still ok la industrial nearby not say very heavy, but if you go on weekend evening, many ah neh at the track. Lol.

What 3 sisters?

pontianak lar.......last time i saw 1 at Teban Gardens.....the 3 is rather well known last time.
Together We stand Alone

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users