Pandan Reservoir

Neutrino

The gym I use is undergoing renovation and the other 4 nearby gyms have stupid short term pricing so I've been just doing an hour or so walk daily to keep a bit fit.

Anyway I walked around Pandan Reservoir today, that's an hour walk, plus the 30 minutes to get there and the 30 minutes back.

Nice walk, there are quite a few nice walks around Clementi.

But around the reservoir I saw what must have been a 3 meter long Monitor Lizard.

In fact it was sooo big I thought it might be a Komodo Dragon.

Before I could get my camera out of my back pack the Monitor slid off the rocks into the reservoir.  It made an awful lot of splash.

Saw a smaller Monitor later on maybe one meter long.

I'll have the camera ready in future but don't expect to see it again.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

The gym I use is undergoing renovation and the other 4 nearby gyms have stupid short term pricing so I've been just doing an hour or so walk daily to keep a bit fit.

Anyway I walked around Pandan Reservoir today, that's an hour walk, plus the 30 minutes to get there and the 30 minutes back.

But around the reservoir I saw what must have been a 3 meter long Monitor Lizard.

Before I could get my camera out of my back pack the Monitor slid off the rocks into the reservoir.  It made an awful lot of splash.

Always nice to see some wild life ..........   :D   Pandan area is still well preserved , quite a Gem .  [thumbsup]  

3m monitor lizard is huge .... it means the main body of the lizard is bigger as a adult man .  :scared:

• Praise 2

You spend 1 hour travelling to pandan reservior to walk walk? Anyway, pandan reservoir nice place to go walk and jog, but not much shelter along the way, so can get quite hot when the sun is hot and no where to run if it rains suddenly. Lol. 

You spend 1 hour travelling to pandan reservior to walk walk? Anyway, pandan reservoir nice place to go walk and jog, but not much shelter along the way, so can get quite hot when the sun is hot and no where to run if it rains suddenly. Lol. 

Walked there and back.

Total 2hr 15 min walking.

There're open air HDB carparks opposite [laugh]

Also Bus 78 from Clementi Central.

Must have seen over 100 canoes in area alongside reservoir and 4 dragon boats and maybe 40 or more rowing skulls .

My HDB overlooks from a distance the reservoir but I've never ever seen any of these boats out on it.

Always thought it would be good for small sailing boat racing as well.

• Praise 1

At one stage Pandan Reservoir held the record for having the most suicides by drowning

I thought is Bedok Reservoir? 

Walked there and back.

Total 2hr 15 min walking.

from clementi central to reservoir only 30mins??

Edited by Gunzy

That place easy to find parking?  [laugh]

There is a carpark at the reservoir itself. If not there are also plenty of parking across the road at those HDB flats.

from clementi central to reservoir only 30mins??

Yup.

Walk over AYE to Ayer Rajah food center than along West Coast Rd all the way to the reservoir.

• Praise 1

i thought Komodo Dragon = monitor lizard??

Before I could get my camera out of my back pack the Monitor slid off the rocks into the reservoir. It made an awful lot of splash.

monitor lizard.....okay lar....if go at night can see 3 sisters flying around. That wan will be cialat....
  • Praise 1

one loop is about 6km [laugh] ..... nice but the air there is not too fresh.

Quite good for one round of running there, 6km distance just nice.  Air there not fresh? Think still ok la industrial nearby not say very heavy, but if you go on weekend evening, many ah neh at the track. Lol.

monitor lizard.....okay lar....if go at night can see 3 sisters flying around. That wan will be cialat....

Edited by 13177

Supercharged

Been wanting to go there and nearby Sungei Pandan to look-see the small Orang Laut village on the riverbank. Anyone knows if the Yishun Dam Orang Seletar are still there? 

↡ Advertisement