Pandan Reservoir

Neutrino

I believe the railway track there already covered with bushes and trees liao.

The sisters have moved to ECP ah?! Looks like they like places near to water?

last i walk across the track was when i sent my car for free servicing 10 yrs ago.......still can see the track and the banana trees tended by the residents there. Edited by Eviilusion
↡ Advertisement

Walking distance from my place but haven't been there for years. 

1 round is 6km?? Will try running around it one day...

• Praise 1

Artificial boosting of economy.

When you see a lot of public and road works going, it usually means the economy is not doing well.

NPark jin wu lui..building another park connecter directly opposite the current one which was renovated last year...

There goes my cpf....

• Praise 3

There're open air HDB carparks opposite [laugh]

I see you frequent that carpark ...... i always find the car there very weird , they bounced up and down although station . 

:D

• Praise 1

Walking distance from my place but haven't been there for years. 

1 round is 6km?? Will try running around it one day...

1 round is 6km but the track is unshaded, no trees and shelter along the way, so avoid running when the sun is hot. And good luck if you run half way and it rains.

I see you frequent that carpark ...... i always find the car there very weird , they bounced up and down although station . 

I NEVER I IS GOOD BOY

• Praise 1

Perhaps they shifted to ECP Car Park F3.

That car park can be particularly spooky too with a number of people having shared their experience of the presence of a 'sister' or 'sisters' when suddenly, they get a whiff of that unmistakable smell of sweet flowers passing by them.

Thays the smell of frangipani flower (white or pink). In malay the pink is Chempaka (Champa tree) and the white is Kemboja (Cambodia tree)......some says the name was given in association to the old malay kingdom of Cambodia and Champa (South Vietnam). Not sure why these two trees are associated with the myth of pontianak except for its flower's sweet smell......

Cambodia was Malay kingdoom ? Not Khmer ? Champa was a muslim kingdom, but not Malay. A lot of Southeast Asian languages originated from Hindu influences though, as you would expect most were originally Hindu kingdoms including those in Sumatra, Malaya, ..

Go to you tube lor if you dont believe.......champa malay in vietnam, cambodia and thailand. They still speak old malay that sounds like kelantanese malay. There are many Champa malays in Kelantan and Aceh after their kingdom got overran by the thai viet. Now Champa is illegal to be even mentioned in Vietnam.....their culture is being washed forcefully. There is even a malay community in Myanmar that is the remnants of the old kedah kingdom. Not my account hor.......learnt this was mentioned by a Chinese historian who travelled there in the 5 or 6 century.

Even Majapahit tried to reinstall that kingdom and led a counter invasion which they won and ruled by proxy with the kelantanese kingdom but didnt last long. Ever wonder why the temples of cambodia and vietnam looks the same like the temples of Indonesia.....more and more temples are being discovered in Indonesia which was once lost to the jungle thanks to development of old jungles. This candi or prambanan are dated to be 600-700 ce.....way before the temples of indo-china.

The South China Sea was once named the Champa Sea but was changed by the portuguese when they conquered this region.

Training CPR.

Thays the smell of frangipani flower (white or pink). In malay the pink is Chempaka (Champa tree) and the white is Kemboja (Cambodia tree)......some says the name was given in association to the old malay kingdom of Cambodia and Champa (South Vietnam). Not sure why these two trees are associated with the myth of pontianak except for its flower's sweet smell......

Ask Radx

I think this one low ranking in his kingdom

• Praise 5

I know that Chams are closely related to the Malays, but they are not Malay per se. The Khmers were certainly not Malay. Anyway, the definition of "Malay" has changed vastly over the course of history, and even today the definition varies between Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. The "Malay" identity is certainly much more broadly defined in Malaysia and Singapore today, than it was back in the days of Khmer and Chams.

Anyway, there's no question about heavy Hindu influence in ancient Southeast Asian kingdoms.

They themselves consider themselves malay and even the khmers said chams are not khmers.....

Nowadays Teban area not so spooky anymore as the area has become more populated with a bustling market and hawker centre. Near to JE but always somehow feel isolated and a community on its own. Lots of foreign residents, I think the pontianak also give up. As for the reservoir, there's also a corner for radio control boating.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 2

Nowadays Teban area not so spooky anymore as the area has become more populated with a bustling market and hawker centre. Near to JE but always somehow feel isolated and a community on its own. Lots of foreign residents, I think the pontianak also give up. As for the reservoir, there's also a corner for radio control boating.

The pontianak moved to the Mcdonald's carpark in west coast........

The pontianak moved to the Mcdonald's carpark in west coast........ððð. That forested area at the end of the drive-thru is very spooky at night......

West coast beach area always spooky at night de.