Cheapo rider accused Gojek driver of kidnapping

Yamapi

This is a lesson in social media PR. First few days, public opinion was firmly on the side of the driver. If the furore died down then, perhaps the gojek driver would be a clear winner. But look what happened when the publicity dragged on, with meme after meme ridiculing the lady's responses, even govt organisation like scdf and rsaf joined in (which on hindsight, was highly inappropriate, especially now as the case has turned a bit of a grey area) ... the lady has gradually turned into underdog and victim.

Unlawful restraint?

I ask the driver to stop at the bus stop he refuses because he will get a fine.

He stops me 50 away is that unlawful restraint?

Same as a driver driving to police station.

Why she never upload? She knows she is wrong.

:D

Police station is the nearest legal stopping point?

Police station is the nearest legal stopping point?

Context is important.

A major crime was being committed a vulnerable young lady was being kidnapped.

The driver was being a good Samaritan and driving her to the police station to make sure she was safe and foiling the kidnap attempt.

Just like Skoot safety is the driver's top priority.

The driver should be commended and not critised by people like you.

If I was being kidnapped and potentially being raped and the driver was not a good looking young lady and I claimed I was being unlawfully restrained.

I am sure some smart Alec would say what unlawful restraint?

Can open the window and climb out right?

Maybe he should just forgo the ERP fee and give it to her free in the first place? Now its escalated to such an extent that LTA is involved, and its only that few dollars which he can easily earn back

For fixed fare rides like grab/gojek does customer have the right to stipulate which route to take? What if the customer insist on going 1 big round to avoid ERP and a half hour journey end up taking one hour? The grab/gojek driver would lugi big time..

For fixed fare rides like grab/gojek does customer have the right to stipulate which route to take? What if the customer insist on going 1 big round to avoid ERP and a half hour journey end up taking one hour? The grab/gojek driver would lugi big time..

one big round they will recalculate base on time or distant and charge accordingly, that is for grab, not sure about gojek.

one big round they will recalculate base on time or distant and charge accordingly, that is for grab, not sure about gojek.

No grab is fix fare even if go one big round. The fare will recalculate only when rider update/change destination in the app along the way.

The cheapo rider should have taken the MRT since she has limited funds and all the time in the world to take a longer route.

LTA should solve the root cause of the problem.

ERP.

Remove it totally and no more such problem.

Not remove is ReVamp(ire) into Satellite ERP  :a-m1524:

We move We pay  [knife]

This is a lesson in social media PR. First few days, public opinion was firmly on the side of the driver. If the furore died down then, perhaps the gojek driver would be a clear winner. But look what happened when the publicity dragged on, with meme after meme ridiculing the lady's responses, even govt organisation like scdf and rsaf joined in (which on hindsight, was highly inappropriate, especially now as the case has turned a bit of a grey area) ... the lady has gradually turned into underdog and victim.

White knights came in a bit later. And I'm sad to say, quite a few obvious racists too.

LTA should solve the root cause of the problem.

ERP.

Remove it totally and no more such problem.

Cannot remove lah, then jam how. When I drive along ERP routes and there is no jam, I kept thanking Mah Bow Tan for implementing it.

At least now there is jam route and non-jam route to choose. Without ERP, any route is heavy/jam traffic..... worst when in real hurry like trying to catch a flight.

ERP is a solution. Satellite charging is even better solution. People with low mileage don’t need to subsidise those with high mileage.... this is fair.

@yewheng and others who know.

What exactly is fare evasion for taxis and phv?

It seems straightforward but I read on hwz (which I know is not exactly the best place for info ) is that as long as the passenger agrees to pay, there is no fare evasion.

So if a passenger says "I will pay once the complaint is settled....." and refuses to pay until the matter is settled, is the passenger considered evading paying of fares? Cos the passenger never refused to pay or say won't pay but will only pay up once matter is settled.

I have seen something like this before. In short, people refuse to pay but won't say they don't want to pay. Instead they lodge a big complaint, make a hoo ha until bills are waived. But they never said they won't pay. They just make things so unpleasant that the person/organisation ownself offer to waive the bills.

So what is fare evasion exactly? Cos I foresee a loophole here were people will agree to pay once a complaint is settled, or pay up then demand a refund from customer service.

wah ... i never knew people on public transport are all cheapskates like me

some look quite atas to me leh

↡ Advertisement