Cheapo rider accused Gojek driver of kidnapping

Yamapi

Maybe got child lock?

In the end how she get out? She never unlock the door how to open lol

She panic liao when driver want bring her to NPC thats why Pattern all come out claim she kena kidnap etc.

I dont think PHV cars activate the child lock esp he ferry many passengers. Otherwise he need to go down open from outside every trip

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I saw the whole clip. nothing else but the clip only. No doubt what the girl did was uncalled for but I then to see it in another angle:

1) I saw a girl who is scared and paranoid and incorherent in her actions which soon lead to her irrational behaviour.

2) I saw a driver who is fed up, tried but give up quickly on his part and shut himself off from further negotiation, further fuelling that paranoia.

3) When the driver and police spoke in Malay, I see the girl getting even more paranoid due to she lack of understanding of the language, when into full freak-out mode.

4) I saw a girl who do not understand autolock, get 200% freak out mode, fuelled by her assumption accumulated from 1-3.

5) That full-panic mode fuelled more irrational thought, probably due to isolation in language, that she thought race was involved.

As all this happen quickly and escalated so quickly on one involved had time for calm rationale thinking. Girl freak out, driver pissed out, policeman not fully impartial.

All this is understandable. The driver is just protecting himself, the police is not at fault, perhaps the girl is 50-50 in some perspective.

But within hours, this escalated into the biggest hoo-ha like it's the biggest news of the century:

1) Initially there are response

2) Then someone make memes

3) More jump into to make memes

4) Larger entities jump the bandwagon to create more memes. I'm talking about you mothership, SGAG, etc

5) My FB is feed is flooded with this story..

WTF is going on!!? How far have we sink ourselves to be so low of the lowest level we can be. We are effective laughing ourselves off at someone's mistake and misery. That makes us the biggest bullies than she will ever be.

Let's face it. I'm in 50% of my life already and I made mistakes too. But I guess I was lucky as it was not exposed. I believe many here are too. The girl just met the driver, I'm sure she is not deliberate. Yes she has trust issues. yes she made a mistake by being irrational for that moment, the girl freaked-out. And she got punished and scarred for the rest of her live....just like that. Her name, her age, her friends.

Have we gone too far? If she deserve such hash cyber witchhunt, I'm sure I do too and many here are guilty as charged.

This is not true justice. This toxic. It is sickening and I'm truly disgusted by what we as netizens are capable of.

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 15

I saw the whole clip. nothing else but the clip only. No doubt what the girl did was uncalled for but I then to see it in another angle:

1) I saw a girl who is scared and paranoid and incorherent in her actions which soon lead to her irrational behaviour.

2) I saw a driver who is fed up, tried but give up quickly on his part and shut himself off from further negotiation, further fuelling that paranoia.

3) When the driver and police spoke in Malay, I see the girl getting even more paranoid due to she lack of understanding of the language, when into full freak-out mode.

4) I saw a girl who do not understand autolock, get 200% freak out mode, fuelled by her assumption accumulated from 1-3.

5) That full-panic mode fuelled more irrational thought, probably due to isolation in language, that she thought race was involved.

As all this happen quickly and escalated so quickly on one involved had time for calm rationale thinking. Girl freak out, driver pissed out, policeman not fully impartial.

All this is understandable. The driver is just protecting himself, the police is not at fault, perhaps the girl is 50-50 in some perspective.

But within hours, this escalated into the biggest hoo-ha like it's the biggest news of the century:

4) Larger entities jump the bandwagon to create more memes. I'm talking about you mothership, SGAG, etc

WTF is going on!!? How far have we sink ourselves to be so low of the lowest level we can be. We are effective laughing ourselves off at someone's mistake and misery. That makes us the biggest bullies than she will ever be.

Let's face it. I'm in 50% of my life already and I made mistakes too. But I guess I was lucky as it was not exposed. I believe many here are too. The girl just met the driver, I'm sure she is not deliberate. Yes she has trust issues. yes she made a mistake by being irrational for that moment, the girl freaked-out. And she got punished and scarred for the rest of her live....just like that. Her name, her age, her friends.

Have we gone too far? If she deserve such hash cyber witchhunt, I'm sure I do too and many here are guilty as charged.

This is not true justice. This toxic. It is sickening and I'm truly disgusted by what we as netizens are capable of.

In all likelihood, this girl is not "all there" in the head.

I've known people with histrionic and borderline personality disorders. Though this is a short video, I see this girl exhibiting some traits suggestive of one of those.

Mind you, this is not classical "mental illness" that one can make allowances for. These people have full insight and can, in principle control their actions. But their attitudes suck so bad that they threaten the fabric of society.

Obviously my sympathies are firmly with the poor driver.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 5

Heng got cams. If not, she say, you say, he say, who know what to say woh...

For those who have not fixed a dash cam yet, go get 1. You never know when you needed it.

Turbocharged

More details I dig on the video.

1) I believe driver drove to Police Security Command at Toa Payoh. Can't find AETOS or CISCO office in Toa Payoh.

2) Dunno why the "policeman" gave wrong direction to nearest NPC (Neighbourhood Police Centre) at Lorong 3. It's at Toa Payoh Central actually, just beside the community centre.

3) The driver updated the policeman is actually a CISCO officer (outsource security). So I assume most police camps (Traffic Police, Security Command, Special Operation Command, Protective Security Command, etc) guardposts are mend by these security companies??  

As an article has stated, number of people suffering mental illness is climbing in our high stress, overcrowded conditions.

Just some are not diagnosed or still mostly functional, not yet siao until walk around naked in public.

Like just now I encountered one fellow just saunter across the road calmly despite oncoming traffic and some honking at him [hur]

And some idiots still thinking about 6.9 million, 10 million people here.

[hur]  [rolleyes]  [thumbsdown]

Copied for you to read..

1. Ignorance. Holier-than-thou attitude

"Because it's clear you're out to cheat money"

She is not aware that drivers don't make money from passing through an ERP gantry, yet she's so confident that that is what the driver is doing and insisting she's right.

2. Irresponsible. Everything is everybody else's fault attitude

"Because you know I am a layperson and I don't know the route"

She expects every driver to know every road very well. And essentially she pushed all responsibility of her misfortune (in this case, having to pay for ERP) to the driver when she, as a person who ought to be familiar with the route, herself doesn't know the way.

3. Hypocrisy. Double standards

"You do not have the right to video me"

This said, while she herself attempted (but allegedly failed) to film the driver

4. Exaggeration. Drama queen

"He is taking me to the Toa Payoh police station, and I think that he is a very rogue and dangerous person"

Don't seem to hear any tyre skidding or any other surrounding cars horning.

5. Overcalculative.

"And I have to pay the extra cost from Toa Payoh all the way to City Hall"

This was said when she just declared herself to be in a danger situation and yet she's also equally worried about the extra cost she'll have to incur for her to get from the police station to her intended destination. Which is more important to her? Additional ~$15 cost or her safety? Clearly her priorities are off

6. Quick to accuse. Possibly due to poor upbringing.

She pretends to call someone of authority to try to frighten the driver. Person is very likely just her mom. The person on the phone uses threatening words like "going to Court", "You have no right to take her hostage" "You are causing her to lose her freedom" etc without first hearing the full story. Do note that these are all very serious charges and can get the driver into trouble.

Clearly this pig face was brought up in an over protected environment, which brings me back to point 2: Irresponsible, everything is everybody's fault. 

7. Manipulative. Liar. Playing victim

"Sir can you help me.. This driver is trying to take hostage of me" in a damsel in distressed voice.

The word hostage was never used until the woman on the phone started introducing it. So who implanted the idea of hostage? The person on the phone!

8. Overbearing. The world revolves around her

"No.. no you're listening to his point of view"

Only her point of view matters.

9. Poor control of emotions.

So this is the epic part. She tries to escape. A simple flick of the door unlock lever would have unlocked the door, but she went freaky and shouted "he locked the door! he locked the door! He's taking hostage of me, unlock the door now!!" while the door opens...

10. Incoherent. Playing the race card.

When all else is lost, she throws out a very pathetic card.

So the white knights have started appearing, telling us to stop the cyber bullying. But know this, this is her character trait. She is an evil person through and through, down to the bones and have no qualms getting an innocent person into trouble just to fit her agenda. It could be any one of us, we're just lucky have the fortune of never crossing path with her. 

She has made some very serious charges that should not have been taken lightly. I've categorized 10 very ugly traits, she is a textbook example of a super evil Kdrama villain, but I am pretty sure the experts can pick out even more nuances.

• Praise 8

In all likelihood, this girl is not "all there" in the head.

I've known people with histrionic and borderline personality disorders. Though this is a short video, I see this girl exhibiting some traits suggestive of one of those.

Mind you, this is not classical "mental illness" that one can make allowances for. These people have full insight and can, in principle control their actions. But their attitudes suck so bad that they threaten the fabric of society.

Obviously my sympathies are firmly with the poor driver.

Well said bro

Even here , you can clearly see some definitely not quite ok”up there “ with the way they put their thoughts across

Oh well...

• Praise 3

Let's face it. I'm in 50% of my life already and I made mistakes too. But I guess I was lucky as it was not exposed. I believe many here are too.

The girl just met the driver, I'm sure she is not deliberate. Yes she has trust issues. yes she made a mistake by being irrational for that moment, the girl freaked-out. And she got punished and scarred for the rest of her live....just like that. Her name, her age, her friends.

Thanks for talking sense. Please do so in many other topics. Thank you.

post-14834-0-24336100-1549065921_thumb.jpgpost-14834-0-05274600-1549065912_thumb.jpg

Wa I like how this person analyse the route driver took and possible route that the lady rider tooked with many other drivers.

So when the driver said will have extra 1 dollar for erp (the involved driver took blue route) . She get confused thinking all along I took grab at the same timing no erp (other driver took pink route) , how come he so special got erp and then start lao, say this driver out to cheat her money. She is the type of no route sense type.

Sometimes in life don't because of that 1 dollar or how come this one so special go pass erp where others which I tooked before never and go through erp and go into beast mode. It is precisely because different driver have different way of perceive which route is better and or also GPS route which may calculate at that day the blue route is faster instead of pink route. Like maybe that day pink route got accident, maybe pink route encounter slightly usual heavier traffic and or etc... Too many factors..

So as a rider must understand this if suddenly out of blue thinking how come usually took grab/ryde/gojek/taxi same timing no erp but this driver drive have.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

Copied for you to read..

I'm not talking about her, we all know what she has done. I'm talking about us as in our reactions.

Which bring us to the case point:

How many of us had committed either of these 'sins' in our course? How many of us got away with it? Race card? We play it all the time! Forgot AMDK, Ah tiong, etc?

Create meme... Fun right?

By going viral and on witchhunt rampage does it make us feel better of ourselves?

Well, The gojek driver said he didn't. He had sleepless nights.

Basically we have all become shit stirrers! We didn't really care for the driver or the girl or the police, we just wanted to eat popcorn..

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 2

Let's face it. I'm in 50% of my life already and I made mistakes too. But I guess I was lucky as it was not exposed. I believe many here are too.

The girl just met the driver, I'm sure she is not deliberate. Yes she has trust issues. yes she made a mistake by being irrational for that moment, the girl freaked-out. And she got punished and scarred for the rest of her live....just like that. Her name, her age, her friends.

Trial by internet is almost the "norm" now.

What you said makes a lot of sense. I agree with you in that I also disagree with public shaming.

However, all I can say is PLEASE BE NICE. The majority of the populace in MCF or Singapore will not have their face/actions plastered all over the net if We are NICE.

Newton's 3rd law is always seen in society. It's a proven fact that people regularly mirror behaviour reveived.

Driving PHV is tough, when encounter such people very jia lat...

Trial by internet is almost the "norm" now.

What you said makes a lot of sense. I agree with you in that I also disagree with public shaming.

However, all I can say is PLEASE BE NICE. The majority of the populace in MCF or Singapore will not have their face/actions plastered all over the net if We are NICE.

Newton's 3rd law is always seen in society. It's a proven fact that people regularly mirror behaviour reveived.

Driving PHV is tough, when encounter such people very jia lat...

Actually majority of the riders i took is very nice person. In fact I would say 90plus % of the riders are very nice one. It's only that few percentage of riders who maybe a little bit nasty but then still can deal with it. Heng so far I never met rider of this type of burst into beast mode because of erp. So I would presume that the % of meeting this type of rider is maybe 0.001% as I already driver think more then 10 thousands ride, in fact maybe close to 20 thousands ride already, still zero case for turn into beast mode because of erp. So actually still not that bad la. Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1