It is ok to let dog drink from water fountain in park?

Icetee168

This morning i was running in the park and saw a jogger letting his dog drink from the water fountain. 

Then came a jogger shouting "u stupid or what! that water fountain is meant for humans not dogs!"

it kind of get me thinking, the poor dog is thirsty after a run and i will always wipe off before i drink...why the fuss?

whats your thoughts?

↡ Advertisement

This morning i was running in the park and saw a jogger letting his dog drink from the water fountain. 

Then came a jogger shouting "u stupid or what! that water fountain is meant for humans not dogs!"

it kind of get me thinking, the poor dog is thirsty after a run and i will always wipe off before i drink...why the fuss?

whats your thoughts?

I am ok with the poor dog drinking. 

unless there is sign at the water fountain saying for human only. 

Have to think for our Muslim friends too right? Also others may not be too dog friendly also as we don't know where his dogs has been to. Need to be smart lah this kind of thing.

• Praise 11

Maybe some people find dogs might dirty the water fountain tap? Actually the dog owner should bring along a water bottle for his/her dog to drink to avoid any misunderstanding. Dog also like human needs to drink when they are thirsty la, that jogger a bit overreact by shouting stupid to the poor dog owner and the poor dog. 

whats your thoughts?

Plain inconsiderate selfish
  • Praise 5

whats your thoughts?

Even as a dog owner, i think it's inappropriate.

The muslims will be in a uproar if they saw this.

They are already so scared of dogs. If see this, i think some of them will be literally hopping mad.

U can cup your hands and let the dog drink it off your hand. 

When we bring the dog out, we bring a small bowl (ikea children plastic bowl) to let her drink off.

I can say that easily 60-70% of singaporeans are scared or don't really like dogs.

My dog is a puppy, but u can see many singaporeans (not even mentioning the muslims) that avoid her.

• Praise 1

But are other ethnicities accepting of our sensitivities even if we are accepting of theirs?

There is only so much 'kolam' that can be endured. Very bitter. Try it Radx.

You know birds poop? Public water fountain?

Edited by Datsun366

Ya.. it's what most English-speaking countries say. If you say water cooler, they will not understand you.

If it were not a dog, but a human licking the water outlet from the water fountain ......

Ts = amdk?

Even as a dog owner, i think it's inappropriate.

The muslims will be in a uproar if they saw this.

They are already so scared of dogs. If see this, i think some of them will be literally hopping mad.

U can cup your hands and let the dog drink it off your hand. 

When we bring the dog out, we bring a small bowl (ikea children plastic bowl) to let her drink off.

I can say that easily 60-70% of singaporeans are scared or don't really like dogs.

My dog is a puppy, but u can see many singaporeans (not even mentioning the muslims) that avoid her.

Maybe your puppy is hype active or always bark at people? Many people afraid of dogs that bark or charge at everyone that walk pass them for no reason. Cause you never know if the dog would bite you lo?!

Edited by 13177

Maybe your puppy is hype active or always bark at people? Many people afraid of dogs that bark or charge at everyone that walk pass them for no reason. Cause you never know if the dog would bite you lo?!

No it doesn't bark. Of course it's curious and sometimes will want to play and chase people slightly.

I'm not saying that this is an invalid concern. But this is not a mongrel/SS that's roaming around in kampung. 

In my entire working life, I've only attended to 1 person who was attacked by a stray. 

lets be more sensitive to the concerns of other ethnicities

In my view, this has nothing to do with religion.

Having to share a water fountain with a dog is plain disgusting. 

Dog owners need to understand that not everyone is a dog lover like you.

• Praise 3

No it doesn't bark. Of course it's curious and sometimes will want to play and chase people slightly.

I'm not saying that this is an invalid concern. But this is not a mongrel/SS that's roaming around in kampung. 

In my entire working life, I've only attended to 1 person who was attacked by a stray. 

Sorry but I hate dogs. You should not let your dog go free to harass strangers.

If a dog comes towards me, I will try to avoid it. If it looks even a little aggressive and I think it might attack me or my child, then don't blame me if I kick it.

Doesnt bark then should be ok la. Stray dogs always chase after passer-by de, but how high chances that they would attack or bite then i dont know liao. 

Sorry but I hate dogs. You should not let your dog go free to harass strangers.

If a dog comes towards me, I will try to avoid it. If it looks even a little aggressive and I think it might attack me or my child, then don't blame me if I kick it.

No worries. My dog is leashed.

Don't need to reply to me. I already know what u would say. 

Doesnt bark then should be ok la. Stray dogs always chase after passer-by de, but how high chances that they would attack or bite then i dont know liao. 

More likely to fall down and hurt yourself from running away from the dog then actually getting bitten  [laugh]

• Praise 3