Progress Singapore Party by Tan Cheng Bock

Atrecord

Actually what I completely don’t get with the 1987 operations is how there was an American diplomat also involved. If this is a Marxist plot, how come an American diplomat was involved?

Anyway, that’s the past and good to see progress today.

• Praise 1

There are some mods favouring posts by anti-PAP anti-govt forumers. They are deleting posts from newbie forumers pointing out bullies who shut down rational, factual discussions using Dislikes.

Some mods do nothing when forumers post content which violates the Forum Guidelines.

I will do all I can to see those mods sacked, those forumers with bad behaviour banned, and if need be, this toxic forum, like the comments section in AsiaOne before, shut down permanently.

Not sure how this forum works but I got tagged in a reply from OnlyFacts via email and wanted to respond but don't see it right here.

Not sure how this forum works but I got tagged in a reply from OnlyFacts via email and wanted to respond but don't see it right here.

Private messaging don't show up in open.

Private messaging don't show up in open.

Don't think it's a private message. In any case, the moniker Onlyfacts seems to have been erased.

This is al I have to say here :

Funny yet true...

The donkey said to the tiger, 'The grass is blue.' Tiger said, 'No grass is green.'

Then the discussion between the two became intense. Both of them are firm in their own words. To end this controversy, both went to Lion – King of Jungle.

In the middle of the animal kingdom, sitting on the throne was a lion. The donkey started yelling before the tiger could say anything. “Your Highness, the grass is blue, isn’t it?” Lion said, 'Yes! The grass is blue. '

Donkey, 'This tiger does not believe. Annoys me He should be punished properly. ' The king declared, 'Tiger will be jailed for a year. King's verdict was heard by donkey and he was jumping in joy in the entire jungle. The tiger was sentenced to one-year jail. '

The Tiger went to the Lion and asked, 'Why Your Highness! The grass is green, isn’t it? ' Lion said, 'Yes! The grass is green.’ Tiger said, '... then why am I sentenced to jail? '

Lion said, “you did not get punished for the grass being blue Or green. You have been punished for debating with that stupid donkey. Brave and intelligent creatures like you have argued with a donkey and have come here to get a decision”

Sometimes be quiet is better than Arguing.

#ShortStoriesForKids

• Praise 5

Debate can be engaging if people carry the right spirit. I'm too new to know what's the culture here, but I am on a Facebook platform where engagement is rewarding, if it applies to you, that is.

BTW what's happened to my previous posts? I get it that newbies are put in moderation queue, but none of them had showed up? Don't quite know how this works.

This is al I have to say here :

Funny yet true...

The donkey said to the tiger, 'The grass is blue.' Tiger said, 'No grass is green.'
Then the discussion between the two became intense. Both of them are firm in their own words. To end this controversy, both went to Lion – King of Jungle.

In the middle of the animal kingdom, sitting on the throne was a lion. The donkey started yelling before the tiger could say anything. “Your Highness, the grass is blue, isn’t it?” Lion said, 'Yes! The grass is blue. '

Donkey, 'This tiger does not believe. Annoys me He should be punished properly. ' The king declared, 'Tiger will be jailed for a year. King's verdict was heard by donkey and he was jumping in joy in the entire jungle. The tiger was sentenced to one-year jail. '

The Tiger went to the Lion and asked, 'Why Your Highness! The grass is green, isn’t it? ' Lion said, 'Yes! The grass is green.’ Tiger said, '... then why am I sentenced to jail? '

Lion said, “you did not get punished for the grass being blue Or green. You have been punished for debating with that stupid donkey. Brave and intelligent creatures like you have argued with a donkey and have come here to get a decision”

Sometimes be quiet is better than Arguing.

#ShortStoriesForKids

Tan Cheng Bock's Progress Singapore Party unveils palm tree as party symbol

ak_psp_1104.jpg

SINGAPORE - A palm tree is the party symbol for the Progress Singapore Party (PSP), led by former People's Action Party (PAP) MP Tan Cheng Bock.

The unveiling of the symbol, which has five fronds and a trunk in the shape of a person, comes a fortnight after the PSP was registered with the Registry of Societies.

Announcing the approval of his party's symbol on Thursday (April 11), Dr Tan, 78, said in a Facebook post that his party symbol signifies "growth, purpose, strength and life".

Explaining its meaning, he said the person-shaped trunk represents the party's belief that "people are its core interest and source of strength".

The fronds, on the other hand, represent the five ideals which the party subscribes to: democracy, equality, justice, peace and progress.

"They also represent our multi-racial and inclusive society consisting of the four racial groups and new citizens," he said.

The PSP's party colours are red and white. He said the red symbolises life, passion, energy and strength, while the white symbolises purity, integrity and goodness.

"The Progress Singapore Party looks forward to serving the people of Singapore and will work hard to fulfil the ideals to which we subscribe," he added.

Political observer Derek da Cunha said a party logo is an exercise in branding. 

It should be easily identifiable by the voters, easily distinguishable from the plethora of other party logos, and aspirational, if possible, he noted.

“As such, a party logo should speak for itself, and should not require any explanation,” Dr da Cunha wrote on Facebook, as he shared a news report on the PSP’s party logo. 

The line-up of the PSP has yet to be officially announced, but Dr Tan said in January on Facebook that the party comprises 11 other "like-minded Singaporeans".

Meanwhile, he has been seen making visits to hawker centres in Bukit Timah, Ang Mo Kio and Ghim Moh in recent months.

He entered politics in 1980 and was a six-term MP for the former single-seat constituency of Ayer Rajah. He retired in 2006.

In 2011, he contested the four-way presidential election but narrowly lost to PAP-backed Tony Tan Keng Yam.

progress-singapore-party-symbol.jpg

• Praise 12

Actually lightning tends to strike trees/palms..... [sweatdrop]

Hope this party will help shield us from lightning strikes by sacrificing.... :D

Nice symbol.

Better than kenna strike by lightning.

• Praise 10

Best of luck and high stamina. Hope there are refinements to policies which bring better life for more citizens of all ethnic groups.

But please respect my view, that TCB has to use selection criteria more strict than PAP for his front runners if he is ever going to offer something better to citizens. And let's see how many of those who talk about doing more and better for the citizens actually qualify to join TCB.

It is my observation that just because someone rails against the pap, it does not mean that person is automatically a saviour for singapore. Just because he is anti-establishment and anti-authority, does not mean we must automatically worship him as the new hero for singapore.

• Dislike 1