Popiah King's son passed away

Lala81

Honestly, i thought his 43 years of life is pretty good...

Everybody has to die, he lived 43 years as the Son of a billionaire.. die also got minister pay respects.

Would you want to live to 80 and work for many many years... or love to 43 as Super Rich??

Easy to say when one is not in someone shoes.

To leave behind a very young child and loved ones, would one choose to die at a young of 43 years old? Talk is cheap.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Sorry hor...talk is free, especially when it didn’t happen to you.

So much wealth but passed away at 43 with a baby son, it’s sad.

• Praise 7

The Chinese saying cannot be more true. Money can't buy good health and money cannot buy happiness.

Be responsible for your own well being and happiness. Only you can make a difference. Don't wait until it's too late.

• Praise 6

This is why we have Toyota vs Korean arguments which don't seem to end. and the luxury marque Merc which no one believes is non luxury car. It never ends, even when shown proof of break downs and poor reliability. as a trade practitioner, I am (almost) shy to say that brain washing works and we are very good at it. Most ppl brains have limited capacity and they dun like to analyse too much.

On why people do stuff others don't understand.....

In business we call it

Brand power & Consumer marketing

In religion is called faith.

In life it's called relations and experiences

In military it's called chain of command & camaraderie

In Singapore it's called .....

• Praise 1

You reminded me of a friend who owns n stays on a big piece of land in Quezon City. Kip telling us there is WWII treasure left behind by the Japs and has been digging til 6 years ago....

Was murdered by his helper....

You should send your MIL there....

Yeah send her there and hire the same helper. Edited by Jamesc

This thread reminded me of Sam Goi's interview in 2014, after he won biz award.  You can read at the link below.  Money does not buy happiness, a cliche to most, but even more heart breaking to him as he is not able to grow old and pass on his achievements, at least not to Ben. 

"The man is not slowing down. He works 10 hours a day and still wears an employee pass on a lanyard - just like any other worker. 
In his acceptance speech last night, he did admit to one solitary regret. "My busy schedule did not permit me to spend more time with my family and my children," he said."

https://ifonlysingaporeans.blogspot.com/2014/04/sam-goi-in-moment-of-glory-popiah-king.html

Edited by Gz0707
  • Praise 2

The Chinese saying cannot be more true. Money can't buy good health and money cannot buy happiness.

Be responsible for your own well being and happiness. Only you can make a difference. Don't wait until it's too late.

Given the cause of death is massive stroke.

These should be the symptoms that everyone should know.

Especially we have aging population.

http://www.snsa.org.sg/warning-signs-of-stroke/

Act-Fast.jpg

• Praise 6

Turbocharged

Honestly, i thought his 43 years of life is pretty good...

Everybody has to die, he lived 43 years as the Son of a billionaire.. die also got minister pay respects.

Would you want to live to 80 and work for many many years... or love to 43 as Super Rich??

post-16885-0-03132900-1549547169.gif

• Praise 3

Give me his riches Vs seeing my children grow up well,

I prefer the latter.

I'm sure many including him will trade their fortune for this as well.

I honestly will consider getting the riches.... especially if I die, I get to pass my billions to my baby boy.

It is not millions but billions...

Everybody has 24 hours a day. We spend 8 hours a day working... imagine if you are born rich, the time you have is more than other people because you don't have to work.... you literally have more than twice as much time as the next guy to do as you please. 

Turbocharged

There are some comments on hwz that are insensitive. If the wife hears it, probably make her more upset.

HWZ EDMW is such a toxic forum that should be banned and shut down

This thread reminded me of Sam Goi's interview in 2014, after he won biz award. You can read at the link below. Money does not buy happiness, a cliche to most, but even more heart breaking to him as he is not able to grow old and pass on his achievements, at least not to Ben.

"The man is not slowing down. He works 10 hours a day and still wears an employee pass on a lanyard - just like any other worker.

In his acceptance speech last night, he did admit to one solitary regret. "My busy schedule did not permit me to spend more time with my family and my children," he said."

https://ifonlysingaporeans.blogspot.com/2014/04/sam-goi-in-moment-of-glory-popiah-king.html

So if he had chosen to spend more time with family, and ended up his business not so successful, enough to just maintain a normal average livelihood ... he will also regret?? Perhaps more? Or less? I always find it pointless for rich people to talk like this.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 4

This is very interesting. Top brains speculating what might or what might not be.

The funny thing is there is nothing science has invented that science fiction writers have not predicated.

Agent 99 phone in his shoe is our hand phone today. But the teleporter in star trek has not been invented yet.

Now your statement is true just because something cannot be proven doesn't mean its not true.

The problem with this statement is science does not allow it. Because the basis of science is that it must be predictable and repeatable and proven.

So they cannot call themselves men of science if they want to say this is true but cannot be proven.

However IA is a science fiction writer and has leeway to speculate so that men of science can work to make it happen and prove it.

Now if the world is really a computer simulation can you imagine how big the computer must be.

Because the poor computer has to do so many calculations to create our everyday reality and do it right without any mistakes.

Like Neo seeing the double of the cat means that it was a computer simulation because the computer made a mistake.

Also if its a big computer it would need an awful lot of electricity and that's the whole point of the matrix film. We humans are the battery that the giant computer needs.

I have a simpler explanation. They are right life is a simulation and it is made by a computer but not a giant computer.

We are the computer.

I can even prove it. And it is predictable and repeatable and science needs these two.

Very simply if you put a person under hypnosis and tell them to bite into a raw onion but tell them its an apple they will bite into the onion and believe its an apple.

No violent reaction of a person biting into an onion.

This a simply because the hypnosis has changed the person's basic programming.

People can do their own research and see so many examples of hypnosis at work.

People addicted to smoking after hypnosis instead of addicted are repulsed by cigarettes.

People with a fear of spiders after hypnosis no fear.

And the best is on those entertainment hypnosis shows make a person scared to death of an everyday object.

Hypnotise a person to be afraid of say a banana. Its hilarious to see a person freak out when you stick a banana in front of their face.

Anyway there is so much research and proof to show that a person's brain can be manipulated to believe things that never happened but did or to believe things happened when it never happened.

One research brain washed a man into believing and insisting that when he was 6 he went to Disneyland and shook hands with Bugs Bunny and even took a photo with Buggsy.

He really believes its true but its not and can never be true. Bugs Bunny is Warner Bros and will never be in Disneyland.

Anyway a few days ago I wrote about brain exfoliation which just means brain washing.

And today your post perfectly segway me to post about brain washing.

Brain washing is just a simple changing of a person's basic programming. If we are not computers then our programming cannot be changed by brain washing. There is no program to change.

:D

Brain washing works. If it didn't consumers product companies wouldn't spent billions on advertising which is just brain washing.

If we are the computer, why you don't infect your MIL with viruses?

Or have you brain washed yourself believing that you have a MIL? 

• Praise 1

So if he had chosen to spend more time with family, and ended up his business not so successful, enough to just maintain a normal average livelihood ... he will also regret?? Perhaps more? Or less? I always find it pointless for rich people to talk like this.

I always remember one fly-flying corporate man interviewed on TV who said - "I have career, family, everything! Why can't I have a child?" Life gives, and life takes, sometimes fair, sometimes unfair.  

Rich or poor, everyone has their regrets, for sure. Whether the billionaire found more time to spend with family after the 2014 interview, only he will know himself. 

• Praise 2

Life is full of choices .. but there are things which nobody can choose. The time you are given birth, and the time you leave.

You're right. And once chosen, don't talk about regrets lah.

If we are the computer, why you don't infect your MIL with viruses?

Or have you brain washed yourself believing that you have a MIL?

You are absolutely right.

There is mo point infecting my MIL that is impossible.

Only know the truth there is no MIL.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1