• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
30 replies to this topic | 35 praises

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:13 PM

AndyHo
  • AndyHo
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

anyone installed DTE pedalbox? any feedback? just want to remove the lag between acceleration.  

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:38 PM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

anyone installed DTE pedalbox? any feedback? just want to remove the lag between acceleration.  

basically this device is installed at your acceleration sensor there to widen the signal. So that the padal when depress have better response as compared  to stock.

seen good reviews about it. but didnt install it. alternate brands eg: pivot i think also have similar ones like the DTE.

Edited by StreamRSZ, 06 February 2019 - 08:38 PM.

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:40 PM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Ok lah. Helps abit. Im still looking for that instance response.

Nothing beats a litre bike.

Edited by UncleAtas, 06 February 2019 - 08:40 PM.

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:42 PM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    Supercharged
    Author Image

any website link to read about this gadget?

Cheers,

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:45 PM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    Author Image

can do a google la. 

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:46 PM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    Supercharged
    Author Image

local installer?

can do a google la. 

Cheers,

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:58 PM

AndyHo
  • AndyHo
    Clutched
    Author Image

local installer?

Yes vtec auto at ubi.
Still considering... quite sure it affects fc after installed. Anyone installed can share the fc consumption?

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:06 PM

AndyHo
  • AndyHo
    Clutched
    Author Image

Nothing new lah... alot of e throttle controllers in the market. I think most popular one is sprint booster.all performing the same thing..

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:19 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Before install= 1000bhp

After install= 1000bhp

So why install.
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:26 PM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

want instant response, get electric car

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:55 AM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    Supercharged
    Author Image

thanks for sharing.

Before install= 1000bhp

After install= 1000bhp

So why install.

Cheers,

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:34 AM

Ishiwgao
  • Premium member
    Ishiwgao
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Yes vtec auto at ubi.
Still considering... quite sure it affects fc after installed. Anyone installed can share the fc consumption?

The gadget itself doesn't affect fc.

All it does is to tell the engine to put more throttle (e.g. 70%) when your pedal is slightly depressed (e.g. 20%) instead of a linear setting. I'm sure you know this 

So in the end, the fc is just dependent on the acceleration of the car. In your stock car, you depress 70%, you get shiok acceleration and not-so-good fc. With this DTE pedal box, you depress 20%, you get 70% shiok acceleration, you will still get the same not-so-good fc.

Only difference is you don't need to press so much, so you feel that the response is better.

No such thing as more acceleration but same fc. 

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:48 AM

AndyHo
  • AndyHo
    Clutched
    Author Image

The gadget itself doesn't affect fc.

All it does is to tell the engine to put more throttle (e.g. 70%) when your pedal is slightly depressed (e.g. 20%) instead of a linear setting. I'm sure you know this

So in the end, the fc is just dependent on the acceleration of the car. In your stock car, you depress 70%, you get shiok acceleration and not-so-good fc. With this DTE pedal box, you depress 20%, you get 70% shiok acceleration, you will still get the same not-so-good fc.

Only difference is you don't need to press so much, so you feel that the response is better.

No such thing as more acceleration but same fc.

Which means every time i step on acc, throttle open 70% .. same as heavy footstep... i still think will impact fc.

Before install= 1000bhp

After install= 1000bhp

So why install.

Install to get rid of the lag. E.g. for normal car, if you slow down to 40-50km at highway and once traffic clear, it will take a while before you reach 90km again even if you foot down to the floor. E throttle will remove this lag in between. Yes it doesnt increase power or make your car goes faster.

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:34 AM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Install to get rid of the lag. E.g. for normal car, if you slow down to 40-50km at highway and once traffic clear, it will take a while before you reach 90km again even if you foot down to the floor. E throttle will remove this lag in between. Yes it doesnt increase power or make your car goes faster.

in this case, e-throttle won't do jackshit; how can e-throttle do better/more than flooring it?

try downshift to get revs up into engine's power band faster instead.

Edited by Eyke, 07 February 2019 - 10:37 AM.

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:05 AM

Columbian78
  • Columbian78
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Helps to compensate for foot lag. Works as claimed. I installed something similar from racechip. Found that my foot speed was not the issue. I sold it away.

Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:04 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Used both DTE & Sprint Booster b4. They work alright. Throttle response is slightly sharper and little less lag makes the daily urban stop-go drives a little more tolerable. Not expensive and my warranties were not affected. Think of it as an amp for the stereo. Some can also say can use fingers to turn up volume, no need amp.

Some oso say step pedal harder same effect. But when i last checked, my fren mr.google say electronic signals move faster than leg muscles wor....

Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:59 PM

Ishiwgao
  • Premium member
    Ishiwgao
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Which means every time i step on acc, throttle open 70% .. same as heavy footstep... i still think will impact fc.

I think you are misunderstanding what this DTE throttle box will do.

It will not remove the lag when you accelerate from 50km/h to 90km/h. that is your car's engine performance, and DTE throttle will not affect acceleration rate.

It will remove the lag from when you step on the throttle to when your car starts to accelerate strongly. but the acceleration after you step on throttle is the same with or without DTE throttle box. 

Yes, everytime you step on acc, throttle open more, same as heavy footstep, so increase fc. that is exactly what the DTE throttle is doing. 

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:23 PM

AndyHo
  • AndyHo
    Clutched
    Author Image

Bro, u installed before? Confirm doesnt remove lag from e.g 50km to 90km? If this is the cae no point install. Any other bro installed similar throttle controller, can confirm on this?

I think you are misunderstanding what this DTE throttle box will do.

It will not remove the lag when you accelerate from 50km/h to 90km/h. that is your car's engine performance, and DTE throttle will not affect acceleration rate.

It will remove the lag from when you step on the throttle to when your car starts to accelerate strongly. but the acceleration after you step on throttle is the same with or without DTE throttle box.

Yes, everytime you step on acc, throttle open more, same as heavy footstep, so increase fc. that is exactly what the DTE throttle is doing.

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:00 PM

Ishiwgao
  • Premium member
    Ishiwgao
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Bro, u installed before? Confirm doesnt remove lag from e.g 50km to 90km? If this is the cae no point install. Any other bro installed similar throttle controller, can confirm on this?

Even I don't install, I also know how it works.

But don't take my word for it, look at their website:

https://www.chiptuni...n/pedalbox.html

Scroll down to "How does the PedalBox work?"

See the graph? 

PedalBox_Graphik.jpg

The 0% and 100% is the same. it only affects the middle portion (e.g. step 20% get 50%)

So you floor the pedal and step 100%, with or without DTE throttle box, it will still be 100%

Sorry bro. No free lunch in this world. As you said, no point install.

Edited by Ishiwgao, 07 February 2019 - 11:00 PM.

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:09 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just floor the pedal and don't kid yourself.
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Freepower S Drive

Freepower S Drive  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Mrkskid  |  Clutched

Makes my drives more fun now!

After being a car owner for some time now, I find that my daily rides had been dull and mundane. I am looking for something that will spice up the relationship between my car and me. And luckily I found Freepower S Drive throttle control. It... » Read More

Freepower S Drive

Freepower S Drive  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by JohnnyFannyginaHead  |  Neutral Newbie

Smoother throttle!

Even though this doesn't add any horsepower or torque, it's still very good for your car because it makes your throttle opening much more sensitive and it destroys that irritating idle lag that your car usually has. It also has very useful pr... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Throttle Controller

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, dte, throttle, pdeal and 3 more...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users