• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
37 replies to this topic | 81 praises

Posted 09 February 2019 - 02:13 PM

Renegade777
  • Premium member
    Renegade777
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Before install= 1000bhp

After install= 1000bhp

So why install.

Step abit the car will move. It reduces lag and make the car more responsive though it will not increase any HP. Some people feels shiok with when it moves off just like that. If you slam down hard on the accelerator, it can't take you any faster. Will be the same. This is what I think it suppose to do. So there is reason for such installation.

Posted 09 February 2019 - 02:35 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Step abit the car will move. It reduces lag and make the car more responsive though it will not increase any HP. Some people feels shiok with when it moves off just like that. If you slam down hard on the accelerator, it can't take you any faster. Will be the same. This is what I think it suppose to do. So there is reason for such installation.

Bottom line, they are still kidding themselves.

Take the money and treat the family to a hearty meal is more worthwhile.
Ishiwgao praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:11 AM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

anyone installed DTE pedalbox? any feedback? just want to remove the lag between acceleration.

Actually what car do you drive? Lag between acceleration, I guess it's a turbo car?

Throttle controller won't eliminate turbo lag.
Buadongdong praised this
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:46 AM

Renegade777
  • Premium member
    Renegade777
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Bottom line, they are still kidding themselves.

Take the money and treat the family to a hearty meal is more worthwhile.

Likely we are kidding ourselves instead. It is their money, they like the feel of a higher throttle response and that's all matter. As long as they feels shiok driving and happy can already.

Edited by Renegade777, 10 February 2019 - 11:48 AM.

Theoldjaffa and Buadongdong praised this

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:18 PM

Scholesy
  • Scholesy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I feel pple who haven’t tried it should try not to have such a shove it down your throat type of comments.

I had it on my Audi. The 1.8blocks with the cvt are known for initial pick up lags. This can’t be solved even with gearbox tune and stage 1 tune. Been there done that. But w the dte, it solves the lag problem. In fact the stage 1 works much better after. But of cos FC was higher.

So the product works as claimed. Not snake oil like surbo or whatever that u have to think in my head works. So for those who say WOT is the same. The difference is the reaction time and come on who wants to WOT everytime. Esp on a 200+Hp car.

Anyw it’s nothing new. I had it in 2014. Old n tested device.

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:50 AM

Black6
  • Premium member
    Black6
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi, I have one installed. It is just mine own opinion. I am loving it everyday drive. no need to step harder, yes, it is the feel of getting it move off faster. The signal have remove most of the lag but really not all. Day to day drive in our Singapore roads condition, you don't really get to floor your pedal,  I know most ppl felt this is like snake oil, want more power just floor it. It is more of removing the lag, not really increasing any horse power. i don't find consumption goes up, but the rolling after acceleration helps me to save fuel. Main reason is to remove the lag and you get a faster acceleration. especially when you overtake, you get the gear kick low faster and accelerate ahead a lot better. Just that you don't have to wait. Don't flame me hor.. this is how i feel. hahaha... [:p]

dsman praised this

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:47 PM

AndyHo
  • AndyHo
    Clutched
    Author Image

Hi, I have one installed. It is just mine own opinion. I am loving it everyday drive. no need to step harder, yes, it is the feel of getting it move off faster. The signal have remove most of the lag but really not all. Day to day drive in our Singapore roads condition, you don't really get to floor your pedal, I know most ppl felt this is like snake oil, want more power just floor it. It is more of removing the lag, not really increasing any horse power. i don't find consumption goes up, but the rolling after acceleration helps me to save fuel. Main reason is to remove the lag and you get a faster acceleration. especially when you overtake, you get the gear kick low faster and accelerate ahead a lot better. Just that you don't have to wait. Don't flame me hor.. this is how i feel. hahaha... [:p]

Bro any safety feature? E.g. mode goes back to stock when u reversing?

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:50 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi, I have one installed. It is just mine own opinion. I am loving it everyday drive. no need to step harder, yes, it is the feel of getting it move off faster. The signal have remove most of the lag but really not all. Day to day drive in our Singapore roads condition, you don't really get to floor your pedal, I know most ppl felt this is like snake oil, want more power just floor it. It is more of removing the lag, not really increasing any horse power. i don't find consumption goes up, but the rolling after acceleration helps me to save fuel. Main reason is to remove the lag and you get a faster acceleration. especially when you overtake, you get the gear kick low faster and accelerate ahead a lot better. Just that you don't have to wait. Don't flame me hor.. this is how i feel. hahaha... [:p]

They can say what they want la. I used to be cynical about this until I installed one to try.

It works just like you described.

Faster acceleration may be a misnomer.. it's the better throttle response where we don't have to step so hard to get that kind of acceleration. The driving experience is just more enjoyable. My FC remained constant.

For those who say just WOT to get the same result.. they don't really get the idea at all. I know cos I was one of them.

But now I know 🤣
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:35 PM

Black6
  • Premium member
    Black6
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Bro any safety feature? E.g. mode goes back to stock when u reversing?

I am unaware of safety feature like you mentioned. There are 3 settings. City, Sport and Sport+. I used the city most of the time I find it is good enough for our traffic jams road. I changed to sport mode only when my car is full load. It is like driving a normal car. Just that you got better respond. I will said sport+ I use once or twice. Didn't find it necessary to use it as the city mode is good enough for me. When you go NSHW sport+ will be more interesting. Hahaha....

They can say what they want la. I used to be cynical about this until I installed one to try.

It works just like you described.

Faster acceleration may be a misnomer.. it's the better throttle response where we don't have to step so hard to get that kind of acceleration. The driving experience is just more enjoyable. My FC remained constant.

For those who say just WOT to get the same result.. they don't really get the idea at all. I know cos I was one of them.

But now I know ð¤£

I agreed with you better throttle respond will be better describe for it. Thanks for correcting me.

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:31 PM

AndyHo
  • AndyHo
    Clutched
    Author Image

I only have budget for throttle controller or RS chip. Which one would you recommend? In btw heard stories of how RS chip might damage ur car... dont know real or not...

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:40 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I only have budget for throttle controller or RS chip. Which one would you recommend? In btw heard stories of how RS chip might damage ur car... dont know real or not...

Go carousell and look for second hand Racechip.
Mercury1 praised this

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:21 PM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Luckily my puny ride comes with sports mode button. Works like the pedal box but just one mode.

Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:40 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I have been thinking to get the Racechip XLR but was thinking if selecting the different modes is similar to selecting E, C, Sport on my stock car. 

On my stock car, choosing E, C, or Sport mode will affect the amount of power when pressing the accelerator, meaning at Sport mode I only need to press  the pedal a little and the car will move off much faster than at E mode. Sound siuilar to what the external throttle control module can do. But I cannot tahan the engine alsways at high rev under sport mode so very noisy.

Will the external  throttle control module also very noisy at sportier modes? If have, then I might as well save the money and use stock Sport mode instead haha.

Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:41 PM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If your ride comes with stock sports mode function, stick with it.  :a-whiteflag:

I have been thinking to get the Racechip XLR but was thinking if selecting the different modes is similar to selecting E, C, Sport on my stock car. 

On my stock car, choosing E, C, or Sport mode will affect the amount of power when pressing the accelerator, meaning at Sport mode I only need to press  the pedal a little and the car will move off much faster than at E mode. Sound siuilar to what the external throttle control module can do. But I cannot tahan the engine alsways at high rev under sport mode so very noisy.

Will the external  throttle control module also very noisy at sportier modes? If have, then I might as well save the money and use stock Sport mode instead haha.

Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:21 PM

AXO_vampire
  • Premium member
    AXO_vampire
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Wanna borrow your post.
I used to have one installed in a cable throttle body (honda airwave). Item dekit when vehicle is sold. Now changed to drive-by-wire, can i connect it to the current vehicle?

Need some advise, previous logic for cable throttle(3 wires if didnt remember wrongly) is that you cut the sensor wiring into 2, and connect to 2 of the controller's wiring right?
Can i do the same with current drive-by-wire vehicle?

Pardon my lousy english and explanation..

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:51 PM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wanna borrow your post.
I used to have one installed in a cable throttle body (honda airwave). Item dekit when vehicle is sold. Now changed to drive-by-wire, can i connect it to the current vehicle?

Need some advise, previous logic for cable throttle(3 wires if didnt remember wrongly) is that you cut the sensor wiring into 2, and connect to 2 of the controller's wiring right?
Can i do the same with current drive-by-wire vehicle?

Pardon my lousy english and explanation..

Different and cannot use.

Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:39 PM

AXO_vampire
  • Premium member
    AXO_vampire
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Different and cannot use.

Noted, thank you for the advise

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:13 AM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

@RadX

RS give you better power, throttle controller gives you quicker throttle response.
So with only a RS chip, you would still feel the accelerator lag but once overcome , the additional power will come in.
With only the throttle controller, you get better accelerator response but no change in power.

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

D1 Spec 7-Drive Throttle Controller

D1 Spec 7-Drive Throttle Controller  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Mrfamashammmmmmm  |  Neutral Newbie

No more feeling lag on Auto car!

I just installed the D1 Spec 7-Drive last week and it works like charm! I would like to recommand for those who want fast and accurate response of your car. There is no increase in horsepower and torque, but increase in response is definitel... » Read More

APEXi Smart Accel Throttle Controller

APEXi Smart Accel Throttle Controller  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by sumh  |  Clutched

Having great ride with it!

I bought this APEXi Smart Accel Throttle Controller for my Honda Accord. As we know that most cars now are drive by wire and not cable like old days car. This device is awesome that I can play around with the timing of the throttle. I have tr... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Throttle Controller

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, dte, throttle, pdeal and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users