Magnolia milk turn tau huay when heated up

Tianmo

I think many when see from the label that the milk must be consumed within 3 days and the low temperature storage requirement will straight away conclude that it must be fresh milk haha.

Please give it a dirty look the next time you chance upon it in your favourite supermarket for bluffing you for so long.  [laugh]

But taste wise this really better than all the rest, except for Meiji maybe. My household prefer Meiji milk even though made using Thai cow milk. A 2L carton can barely make it to 2 days, buy the most twice a week only. 

Ya lo, HL milk been bluffing me for so long.  -_-

I heard many people say meiji milk is nice, dont know what so nice about their milk?  :huh:

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement

vanilla plant will start growing out from your ears....  [smash]  [laugh]

Orrh... maybe that's the reason i got more white hair lah :D

Since you already said you have been drinking HL milk for years and i assume you also take a week to finish for the past years, until today you are still alive, i believe should not have problem la. Lol.

I dont think 1 person can finish 1 pack of milk within 3 days, unless you are sharing with many people in the family. 

wow, that's just reassuring - many thanks! [laugh]

not a problem for me. I can finish within 2 days if i want, but usually i drink only 1 cup a day cos my kids also drink it. And there's only so many milk cartons that can fit inside the fridge.

Anyway HL milk is reconstituted milk solids. So u can think of it as skim milk and it's also lactose free. 

I drank it for many years growing up as i'm lactose intolerant.

Now i drink marigold.

Oh, you are lactose-intolerant? And still drinks milk? And this HL milk is ok for lactose-intolerant?

My wife is lactose-intolerant too, and she doesn't touch anything diary in nature at all... I tot she can't... she only takes soya milk.

Ya lo, HL milk been bluffing me for so long.  -_-

I heard many people say meiji milk is nice, dont know what so nice about their milk?  :huh:

i drink meiji most of the time if not farm house, you can try this one from japan but double the price and the taste is also double good  [thumbsup]

hokkaido-fresh-milk.jpg

• Praise 1

I think many when see from the label that the milk must be consumed within 3 days and the low temperature storage requirement will straight away conclude that it must be fresh milk haha.

Please give it a dirty look the next time you chance upon it in your favourite supermarket for bluffing you for so long.  [laugh]

But taste wise this really better than all the rest, except for Meiji maybe. My household prefer Meiji milk even though made using Thai cow milk. A 2L carton can barely make it to 2 days, buy the most twice a week only. 

Actually i was not a fresh milk person. My mother said i drank milk when young, but from my teenage days (or from as far back as I can remember things clearly), I didn't fancy milk at all. I drank milo or ovaltine growing up, with condensed milk i think. Later on, army times, i drank whatever they had for breakfast (which was never fresh milk). And after that, i only drank plain water.

It was only until i was maybe 35 or so, that I starting drinking fresh milk cos learnt about the importance of calcium in milk. And cos i couldn't tahan fresh milk taste, I drank chocolate milk instead - and settled with HL choc milk.

Then in the last 5 yr, i switch to the HL milk with sterols cos that year my health screening indicated my cholesterol was marginally high. Had to force myself to endure the fresh milk taste... now got used to it liao.

Back to tau huey, i only recall one time many many years ago bought 2 packs when opened, got a bit of it when pouring out. I also complained to manufacturer, and they came to exchange. They asked some questions on where/when i bought, how i transported home, etc., and eventually concluded that it could be because i bought it from a petrol station, and the chiller in the petrol station maybe not closed properly so it was not kept properly chilled... I stopped short of asking then how about ALL the other stuff that were kept in the chiller there? Many things spoilt?

Since then, never dared to buy from petrol station liao...

• Praise 2

Please give it a dirty look the next time you chance upon it in your favourite supermarket for bluffing you for so long. [laugh]

I also prefer Meiji, like the taste more.

Occasionally will buy the Hokkaido milk if I saw it in Fairprice Fineness. But damn ex.

i drink meiji most of the time if not farm house, you can try this one from japan but double the price and the taste is also double good [thumbsup]

hokkaido-fresh-milk.jpg

My No 1 favorite milk here. But very ex.

Yah, the taste so good.

I think all the Japanese milk are good. When I was in Japan last Dec, bought the 7-11 and Family Mart one because cheaper. But it also taste very good. Better than all those Australia milk sold here.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

Orrh... maybe that's the reason i got more white hair lah :D

wow, that's just reassuring - many thanks! [laugh]

Oh, you are lactose-intolerant? And still drinks milk? And this HL milk is ok for lactose-intolerant?

My wife is lactose-intolerant too, and she doesn't touch anything diary in nature at all... I tot she can't... she only takes soya milk.

Hl is low lactose. Not nil. Similarly goat milk has less lactose.

I'm only partly lactose intolerant for some reason. And it's mostly in the mornings. I can drink dairy other times of the day.

i drink meiji most of the time if not farm house, you can try this one from japan but double the price and the taste is also double good  [thumbsup]

hokkaido-fresh-milk.jpg

No notice this milk before, maybe i will give it a try.  ^_^

Actually i was not a fresh milk person. My mother said i drank milk when young, but from my teenage days (or from as far back as I can remember things clearly), I didn't fancy milk at all. I drank milo or ovaltine growing up, with condensed milk i think. Later on, army times, i drank whatever they had for breakfast (which was never fresh milk). And after that, i only drank plain water.

It was only until i was maybe 35 or so, that I starting drinking fresh milk cos learnt about the importance of calcium in milk. And cos i couldn't tahan fresh milk taste, I drank chocolate milk instead - and settled with HL choc milk.

Then in the last 5 yr, i switch to the HL milk with sterols cos that year my health screening indicated my cholesterol was marginally high. Had to force myself to endure the fresh milk taste... now got used to it liao.

Back to tau huey, i only recall one time many many years ago bought 2 packs when opened, got a bit of it when pouring out. I also complained to manufacturer, and they came to exchange. They asked some questions on where/when i bought, how i transported home, etc., and eventually concluded that it could be because i bought it from a petrol station, and the chiller in the petrol station maybe not closed properly so it was not kept properly chilled... I stopped short of asking then how about ALL the other stuff that were kept in the chiller there? Many things spoilt?

Since then, never dared to buy from petrol station liao...

You got try drink milk powder instead of fresh milk? If calcium is a concern, can drink anlene milk than fresh milk lo. 

I also prefer Meiji, like the taste more.

Occasionally will buy the Hokkaido milk if I saw it in Fairprice Fineness. But damn ex.

My No 1 favorite milk here. But very ex.

Yah, the taste so good.

I think all the Japanese milk are good. When I was in Japan last Dec, bought the 7-11 and Family Mart one because cheaper. But it also taste very good. Better than all those Australia milk sold here.

This Hokkaido milk is expensive maybe it flow in from Japan?

Hay dairies have to move when their lease is up in 2021. As the land there will be converted into SAF training grounds. If Hay dairies could not find another land to continue operation, then no more goat milk liao.

aiyoh, such a pity . . . . 

Update their reply here. Thanks.

Ok, provided they do reply to me.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Such a big company, dont even have  auto reply to acknowledge they received my email.  -_-

Such a big company, dont even have  auto reply to acknowledge they received my email.  -_-

Why dont you call them directly? Lol.

You neber diy repack or ask for repack when the promoter is around? I very aunty (read leaned from wifey) type one... No three packs combo are of different dates one.

Looks like a new creation. I guess it is still alright to eat it. Lol.

Most low fat carton milk are dried and remake to liquid milk with water. Might as well by milk powder and add in hot water yourself. Save money.

I didnt eat it, but the cold one actually look, smell and taste ok, so I guess yes, mayb still edible. 

Google said mayb it is towards the end of its actual shelf life, meaning about to spoil but not spoil yet.. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

They will reply that you want any fresher milk, you have to milk or suckle it yourself....... :secret-laugh:

Then they will have to provide me the source lor.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I didnt eat it, but the cold one actually look, smell and taste ok, so I guess yes, mayb still edible. 

Google said mayb it is towards the end of its actual shelf life, meaning about to spoil but not spoil yet.. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

If it doesn't give you stomach ache, then you sure got a good dose of healthy pro biotics bacteria and B12..   [laugh]  [laugh]

Take noted.

If you have F&N magnolia fresh milk 1L pack, with label use by "01 MAR 19, 03:51", go do a heat up test before giving it to your children.

I bought 3 packs from Sheng Siong Jalan bahar last week. This morning when I heated up a glass in the microwave, it turned tau huay, and this is from the same pack with no issue yesterday morning. I opened up a new pack and same thing happened, the last pack also same after heating up. Thinking that it may be my microwave, I tried heating over the stove, and tau huay was made again.

The temp of the fridge is the same and the fridge is not fill up, the only thing added was some drinks (we didnt stock up much food this year). I googled and the return was not very positive, and so i wrote an email to F&N this morning asking them to look into the batch.

Meanwhile, those who have this batch of milk, take note.

However they look, smell and taste quite normal when chill, but I am still not going to consume them. Now have to go pick up some new stock liao, not from the same brand tho. -_-

rps20190207_074701.jpg

rps20190207_074733.jpg

rps20190207_074916.jpg

rps20190207_074943.jpg

rps20190207_075025.jpg

Maybe too hot?

If I remember correctly milk boil at 70 deg Celsius.

I ever tried frothing milk with manual workgroup coffee machine steamer.

The milk will curdle if temperature exceeded 70 deg.

So will need to put thermometer to see temp. Good barista just need to feel the pitcher, they will stop when it's too hot to hold.

You no worry worry lah- TS will get thread of the month, get vouchers from MCF  [laugh]   

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2