Magnolia milk turn tau huay when heated up

Tianmo

Ya, Hay's Dairy . . . the other Sunday was down at the Kranji Marshes nearby so popped down just 3-5 mins away. 

Missed the feeding time but quite crowded still 

okay lah, still can tahan  [laugh]

Hmmmmm........... missed feeding time, you missed suckle direct from goat ....  [sly]

because too crowded and long queue ....  :slow:

:XD: 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hmmmmm........... missed feeding time, you missed suckle direct from goat .... [sly]

because too crowded and long queue .... :slow:

:XD:

Can't stop laughing from your reply.

Maybe too hot?

If I remember correctly milk boil at 70 deg Celsius.

I ever tried frothing milk with manual workgroup coffee machine steamer.

The milk will curdle if temperature exceeded 70 deg.

So will need to put thermometer to see temp. Good barista just need to feel the pitcher, they will stop when it's too hot to hold.

I seriously dont think is too hot, because I have been doing the same thing at the same temp for months. 

Maybe have bacteria cultured inside [laugh]

I noticed this long ago when was still feeding bottled milk to my youngest. Mix in probiotics, then the unfinished milk in the bottle turn into tau huay pretty quick.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

HL milk is the worst ever! Don’t even taste like real milk. But because of their constant strong marketing in the 90s, a generation of sillyporeans kenna conned into believing it’s the “de facto” milk to go to.

Meiji milk sold here is from Thailand. Not jepun. But many still think it’s from Japan just like the current civic here. Lol.

• Praise 3

HL milk is the worst ever! Donât even taste like real milk. But because of their constant strong marketing in the 90s, a generation of sillyporeans kenna conned into believing itâs the âde factoâ milk to go to.

Meiji milk sold here is from Thailand. Not jepun. But many still think itâs from Japan just like the current civic here. Lol.

Many jap manufacturing ops have moved to thailand. Glico is another famous jap food brand that is equally well established in thailand. Heavenly posting for jap expats - weekends can chiong golf and tiko activities.

not a problem for me. I can finish within 2 days if i want, but usually i drink only 1 cup a day cos my kids also drink it. And there's only so many milk cartons that can fit inside the fridge.

Anyway HL milk is reconstituted milk solids. So u can think of it as skim milk and it's also lactose free. 

I drank it for many years growing up as i'm lactose intolerant.

Now i drink marigold.

I can finish within 1 day if I want.

But doc, I will LS if I drink a 2 litre milk in a day, but won't if I finish bit by bit for 2 days.

Why?

Ya lo, HL milk been bluffing me for so long.  -_-

I heard many people say meiji milk is nice, dont know what so nice about their milk?  :huh:

It's nice.

You should try it.

But the damn price keep increasing. Now a 2 litre bottle costs SGD5.80. Barely 2 years back is SGD5.60. At the end 2000s was only SGD5.25.  [furious]

But doc, I will LS if I drink a 2 litre milk in a day, but won't if I finish bit by bit for 2 days.

Why?

It's nice.

You should try it.

But the damn price keep increasing. Now a 2 litre bottle costs SGD5.80. Barely 2 years back is SGD5.60. At the end 2000s was only SGD5.25. [furious]

You mean you finish the 1L milk within a day? Think too much liao la.

duno why the same batch of fresh milk, those packed in 1 litre paper carton (1 month) has longer shelf life than those 2 litre packed in plastic bottle (less than 3 weeks).

Fresh-Front-3x3_1451988973063.jpgvsmeiji.jpeg

so i usually buy 2 litre with shorter shelf life so that it won't stay for too long and turn bad.

because magnolia use low heat pasteurization while meiji use high heat method so different shelf life span

Since you already said you have been drinking HL milk for years and i assume you also take a week to finish for the past years, until today you are still alive, i believe should not have problem la. Lol.

I dont think 1 person can finish 1 pack of milk within 3 days, unless you are sharing with many people in the family. 

I can finish one litre pack in a couple of hours when I'm watching a movie . . . . BurrrP!  [:p]

• Praise 1

Update their reply here. Thanks.

Ok, received an email reply this morning. 

Between 24 and 48 hrs, pretty good considering the CNY festive period. 

Standard PR reply, except she included a statement telling me she know I posted in MCF, and asking if they can collect back the cartons of milk from me for their investigation.

Told her i already throw the cartons away.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

Standard PR reply, except she included a statement telling me she know I posted in MCF, and asking if they can collect back the cartons of milk from me for their investigation.

Told her i already throw the cartons away.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Magnolia staff also reading MCF siah?! 

because magnolia use low heat pasteurization while meiji use high heat method so different shelf life span

errrr, isnt higher heat method can last longer?  The same reason those UHT cartons can last something like 6 months?  [:/]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Too bad we do not get to see the reason why the milk curdles.

But I suspect most of the time this happens when there's a spike in storage temperature whether it's during transportation or storage. Especially when during festive periods supermarkets stocks could be stored in chaotic conditions. Signs that I know diary products have been compromised is the cardboard packaging. Like moisture had soften the packaging I usually avoid for obvious reasons. Or too much condensate found accumulating on the packaging as some use plastic bottles.

To me it's most likely third party storage issue.

Why?

It's nice.

You should try it.

But the damn price keep increasing. Now a 2 litre bottle costs SGD5.80. Barely 2 years back is SGD5.60. At the end 2000s was only SGD5.25. [furious]

Wah ! So high SES ah you ? I drink normal 1L pasteurized milk about $1.50 per pack ( usually any brand on offer) , neber spoil 1 guaranteed ... you can drink so much in a day ..... power lah you
  • Praise 3

Told her i already throw the cartons away. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

No deliver 3 replacement for you.

errrr, isnt higher heat method can last longer? The same reason those UHT cartons can last something like 6 months? [:/][laugh][laugh]

I think he dom balek liao. [laugh]

No deliver 3 replacement for you.

no leh. 

Only mentioned if they can come collect back the carton and meanwhile they will check the retained sample. 

No mention if they even going to check the stocks out in the stores.  <_<

Anyway, even 1 to 1 exchange also I will tell them dont bother, because I have nothing to exchange liao, all thrown away. And to be fair to them, I cannot ask them to give me 3 cartons as replacement for they will not be able to account for it. 

What i find disturbing is, she mentioned they will check their retained samples, and no mention of checking stocks in store. So if retained samples are negative, then means nothing to do with them liao? 

Product dead before expiry date is boh their daiji liao?  :huh:

↡ Advertisement