Magnolia milk turn tau huay when heated up

Tianmo

Too bad we do not get to see the reason why the milk curdles.

But I suspect most of the time this happens when there's a spike in storage temperature whether it's during transportation or storage. Especially when during festive periods supermarkets stocks could be stored in chaotic conditions. Signs that I know diary products have been compromised is the cardboard packaging. Like moisture had soften the packaging I usually avoid for obvious reasons. Or too much condensate found accumulating on the packaging as some use plastic bottles.

To me it's most likely third party storage issue.

there can be a few possible reasons, some I have already mentioned, the other could also be the user fault. Where the consumer buy liao leave the product in a higher temp condition for a prolong period. Changing of formulation can also be another reason, other than the usual production, storage and transportation fault.

I always put my milk into thermal bags once out of the supermarket, and it takes less than 10 min for the milk to reach my fridge, so I dare say it is highly unlikely a consumer issue in this case. 

I went back to SS to top up some milk and soya milk, had wanted to buy another bottle of that batch off the shelf to give it another test, but could not find anymore of the same batch.  Will go over to prime later to see if I can get hold of 1 to test it out and see if it is a batch issue or an isolated 3 in a bag issue. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

no leh. 

Only mentioned if they can come collect back the carton and meanwhile they will check the retained sample. 

No mention if they even going to check the stocks out in the stores.  <_<

Anyway, even 1 to 1 exchange also I will tell them dont bother, because I have nothing to exchange liao, all thrown away. And to be fair to them, I cannot ask them to give me 3 cartons as replacement for they will not be able to account for it. 

What i find disturbing is, she mentioned they will check their retained samples, and no mention of checking stocks in store. So if retained samples are negative, then means nothing to do with them liao? 

Product dead before expiry date is boh their daiji liao?  :huh:

can always say your storing method is wrong  :D

no leh. 

Only mentioned if they can come collect back the carton and meanwhile they will check the retained sample. 

No mention if they even going to check the stocks out in the stores.  <_<

Anyway, even 1 to 1 exchange also I will tell them dont bother, because I have nothing to exchange liao, all thrown away. And to be fair to them, I cannot ask them to give me 3 cartons as replacement for they will not be able to account for it. 

What i find disturbing is, she mentioned they will check their retained samples, and no mention of checking stocks in store. So if retained samples are negative, then means nothing to do with them liao? 

Product dead before expiry date is boh their daiji liao?  :huh:

As mentioned by watwheels, if retained sample bo taichi, then it's a storage chain issue.

But generally speaking singapore supermarkets the chilled area, the AC is strong enough.

can always say your storing method is wrong  :D

Yah, I am prepared for that. 

I was from FMCG also, so I can understand how they work..  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Thats why i am going to go ard later and see if I can find 1-2 packs of the same batch, see if the same tau huay will be made. 

I think from their shoes you know...  [:p]

Yah, I am prepared for that. 

I was from FMCG also, so I can understand how they work..  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Thats why i am going to go ard later and see if I can find 1-2 packs of the same batch, see if the same tau huay will be made. 

I think from their shoes you know...  [:p]

they replace everyday, how to find back the same batch?

maybe your wife off the power to wash the fridge for 2 hours or the fridge was not closed properly for 30min, or.......  i also think from their shoes to push away responsibility  [laugh]  [laugh]

(edited)

As mentioned by watwheels, if retained sample bo taichi, then it's a storage chain issue.

But generally speaking singapore supermarkets the chilled area, the AC is strong enough.

Retained sample  bo daiji only eliminate the possibility of a production error, or a formulation fault, which clear them of any direct responsibility. But transportation and distribution storage is still indirectly part of their responsibilities, after all they did the delivery and paid for the shelf space. 

I worked in a FMCG with manufacturing plant in SG before, so SOP all about the same. 

There is one possibility the promoter highlighted to me this morning, which sound logical, but i am not buying that suggestion yet. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo

(edited)

they replace everyday, how to find back the same batch?

maybe your wife off the power to wash the fridge for 2 hours or the fridge was not closed properly for 30min, or.......  i also think from their shoes to push away responsibility  [laugh]  [laugh]

They dont replenish everyday lah,  they do it twice a week lah.   :a-fun:

There are some slow moving outlets in HDB estate sure will have some left over one, not all outlets fast moving de lah. 

The latest batch is 9 MAR 19, i think just restocked today or yesterday, so got chance to get the 1 Mar 19 one from one of those HDB small outlet. Depends on I want to take the trouble or not nia.  [laugh] 

But it is not my job or responsibility to help them prove that it is not their issue. I am just a consumer who happen to buy some dead stocks.. -_-

Edited by Tianmo

Hl is low lactose. Not nil. Similarly goat milk has less lactose.

I'm only partly lactose intolerant for some reason. And it's mostly in the mornings. I can drink dairy other times of the day.

Oh, first time i hear got partly lactose intolerant leh...

somemore mostly in the morning only...

[laugh]

• Praise 1

Oh, first time i hear got partly lactose intolerant leh...

somemore mostly in the morning only...

[laugh]

I also don't understand. Lol

One possibility is the supermarket storage is not good. The chiller may not be cold enough.

I recently seen it at Giant. Their chiller for milk. I walk past and noticed the milk displayed in the chiller are spoiling. Many packets are bugling and those in plastic bottles, the milk are spoilt.

I noticed the temperature in the chiller is not cold enough.

Told the cashier about it.

BTW, what's the difference between UHT milk and those milk kept in chiller?

UHT milk no need to keep chilled.

Any nutritional difference?

Both are real milk?

• Praise 1

How come Meiji chocolate milk is from fresh cow milk? We got chocolate cows too? Hehe..

But the milk substance in this pic is not referring to the flavorings added to the fresh milk right?

Cow diarrhoea then becum chocolate milk ma...
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

For those low SES like myself, we usually buy UHT milk or powdered milk. The nutrition are similar, but the price savings can be substantial. I used to drink fresh milk for many years, but decided to cut cost just like I’m pumping RON92 for my car.

But of course nothing beats fresh milk for the taste and freshness. UHT milk taste like cooked milk. So if you’re heating up your fresh milk, might as well get UHT (ultra high temperature pasteurized) milk?

My 2cents as a daily low SES milk connoisseur. :)

• Praise 6

One possibility is the supermarket storage is not good. The chiller may not be cold enough.

I recently seen it at Giant. Their chiller for milk. I walk past and noticed the milk displayed in the chiller are spoiling. Many packets are bugling and those in plastic bottles, the milk are spoilt.

I noticed the temperature in the chiller is not cold enough.

Told the cashier about it.

BTW, what's the difference between UHT milk and those milk kept in chiller?

UHT milk no need to keep chilled.

Any nutritional difference?

Both are real milk?

Which GIANT outlet is that?

Ya lo, HL milk been bluffing me for so long. -_-

I heard many people say meiji milk is nice, dont know what so nice about their milk? :huh:

Don't know what so nice...?

Ans..Mei ji sound like a gal name.

How come Meiji chocolate milk is from fresh cow milk? We got chocolate cows too? Hehe..

But the milk substance in this pic is not referring to the flavorings added to the fresh milk right?

chocolate milk comes from milk, chocolate flavouring/cocoa + added stabilisers + added sugars to balance the bitter taste of chocolate.

Same with banana, strawberry etc etc etc

So it's milk with added sugar. I let my kids drink it as a treat but not on a daily basis.

For those low SES like myself, we usually buy UHT milk or powdered milk. The nutrition are similar, but the price savings can be substantial. I used to drink fresh milk for many years, but decided to cut cost just like I’m pumping RON92 for my car.

But of course nothing beats fresh milk for the taste and freshness. UHT milk taste like cooked milk. So if you’re heating up your fresh milk, might as well get UHT (ultra high temperature pasteurized) milk?

My 2cents as a daily low SES milk connoisseur. :)

yes UHT is cheaper and easier to store. My kids don't mind. When I'm traveling, i just buy UHT packet milk for them to drink.

Or when I'm at my parent's place.

For myself i think the taste difference is worth the difference in price  [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1