Magnolia milk turn tau huay when heated up

Tianmo

Fresh chilled milk is mostly an american invention after refrigeration came about.

It's actually not common in Europe (supposedly according to the american documentaries i've watched). And wastes quite a lot of resources. But the milk just tastes better lol...

↡ Advertisement

One possibility is the supermarket storage is not good. The chiller may not be cold enough.

I recently seen it at Giant. Their chiller for milk. I walk past and noticed the milk displayed in the chiller are spoiling. Many packets are bugling and those in plastic bottles, the milk are spoilt.

I noticed the temperature in the chiller is not cold enough.

Told the cashier about it.

BTW, what's the difference between UHT milk and those milk kept in chiller?

UHT milk no need to keep chilled.

Any nutritional difference?

Both are real milk?

We had a discussion on this topic in the exercises thread some time back ( I think was last year).  Beside the taste different, UHT goes through very high heat very quickly (I think is 2 sec), to kill all the possible bacteria. In the process, some nutrition may be lost, other than this, not much different.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]   

Ok, received an email reply this morning. 

Between 24 and 48 hrs, pretty good considering the CNY festive period. 

Standard PR reply, except she included a statement telling me she know I posted in MCF, and asking if they can collect back the cartons of milk from me for their investigation.

Told her i already throw the cartons away.  [laugh] 

She sure not happy lar ..... :lll._.:

MCF is read all over the world .... :we-all-gonna-die:

Don't believe, ask @Vid , he is in HK ... :secret-laugh:

:grin:

• Praise 3

For those low SES like myself, we usually buy UHT milk or powdered milk. The nutrition are similar, but the price savings can be substantial. I used to drink fresh milk for many years, but decided to cut cost just like I’m pumping RON92 for my car.

But of course nothing beats fresh milk for the taste and freshness. UHT milk taste like cooked milk. So if you’re heating up your fresh milk, might as well get UHT (ultra high temperature pasteurized) milk?

My 2cents as a daily low SES milk connoisseur. :)

the taste is very different, even warm fresh milk taste better than UHT, and cold UHT doesnt taste better than chill fresh milk.  Not that i can tell, but my children can pass a blind test on these 2 types of products anytime. 

Anyway, I warm up the milk because it is too cold to be consume early in the morning on an empty stomach for my son. Didnt heat until boil, just slightly warmer than room temp. 

I pump ron92 for my car also, but food for the children, I rather give them what they prefer, not like there is really alot of different in term of absolute dollar, and having my children drinking them happily is worth it.     [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

(edited)

Yah lor, mayb i sld have just sent the 3 cartons of milk to AVA or NEA and ask them to look into this case instead. 

Next time i kena such thing again, I wont write to them liao, I go straight to AVA and NEA, let the agencies deal with them, mayb she will be happier.  -_-  [laugh]  [laugh]

On a 2nd thought, yah man, I think I sld write to AVA and NEA, and see what the agencies say.

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1

:grin:

Shhh...

You just revealed my secret identity

HiC5_blog_5c5273c27e31b1.21262680.jpg

• Praise 3

I drink both types, UHT and chilled type.

To me, I go for the cheaper one. LOL

I only drink full cream milk. Not those low fat, skimmed whatever. To me, these are not real milk.

Always read the ingredients label.

Which GIANT outlet is that?

Pioneer mall
  • Praise 1

chocolate milk comes from milk, chocolate flavouring/cocoa + added stabilisers + added sugars to balance the bitter taste of chocolate.

Same with banana, strawberry etc etc etc

So it's milk with added sugar. I let my kids drink it as a treat but not on a daily basis.

yes UHT is cheaper and easier to store. My kids don't mind. When I'm traveling, i just buy UHT packet milk for them to drink.

Or when I'm at my parent's place.

For myself i think the taste difference is worth the difference in price [:p]

Ya, that's why I like Meiji chocolate n coffee milk, sweet but as treat la.. I dun drink milk often due to lactose intolerant.. but I'd love to.. hehe

I only drink full cream milk. Not those low fat, skimmed whatever. To me, these are not real milk.

Pioneer mall

You will be surprised that those experts recommend skim milk or low fat milk for young children to adults. Full cream milk is not recommended actually. I was very surprised some time ago when my elder daughter pointed it out, and this is all over the internet if you google for which is better.

You will be surprised that those experts recommend skim milk or low fat milk for young children to adults. Full cream milk is not recommended actually. I was very surprised some time ago when my elder daughter pointed it out, and this is all over the internet if you google for which is better.

this one we had a very long discussion over at the exercise thread last year, I think alot was covered back then. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I don't buy those experts advice or even believe in them

What did our ancestors drink? Skimmed fat?

Would our great great grand mothers know what is skimmed milk or even recognize it?

Even at my father's time when he was a small boy in 1940s, he drank pure goat's milk at its raw form. He said the family would buy fresh raw goat's milk from Indian guys who rode bicycles with bottles of it at the back.

Then they bring home, boil the milk over fire stove, and just drink it. No such thing as low fat, skimmed rubbish.

He even told me when the goat's milk is boiled, there's a layer of fat float at the top, and that's his favourite. He drank that EVERYDAY.

And he's 80 years old now, and healthy, perfectly mobile and mentally alert, no medical problems and no one believes he's near 80.

The proof is in the pudding. not so experts who don't even lived in the past.

To me, skimmed or low fat milk are processed unnatural by product milk, which Mother Nature never provided.

For our kids, they need everything that Nature can offer at its most original form.

If the milk comes with full of fat and creamy, that how Mother Nature wants us to take it, unless your kid is super obese and having heart problems.

If you look at "ingredients", you may find all kinds of crap added that look somewhat similar to soft drinks .. [laugh] [laugh]

That's HL milk. Their package list all the crap that they add in

Other brands like Meiji, Farm Fresh, Farmhouse, etc, it's just pure 100% milk.

Edited by Jusnel
  • Praise 2

Pioneer mall

Isnt full cream milk quite fatening? Is a person has cholesterol problem, still can drink?

errrr, isnt higher heat method can last longer?  The same reason those UHT cartons can last something like 6 months?  [:/]  [laugh]  [laugh]

heat too high kill all the nutrition!that why fresh milk cost more and prefer more than UHT? Hey Dairy told me when heating up their goat milk for baby use mild heating!! does make sense to me

I would say something though. The concept of drinking another animal's milk is only for humans.

Any industralised production of milk is really not very natural.

These cows are impregnated every year to give birth to one calf to keep producing the milk. 

There is nothing really wrong with regular skim milk as well.

But i drink fresh/full cream milk to improve satiety for myself and the kids in the morning to start their day.

I don't buy those experts advice or even believe in them

What did our ancestors drink? Skimmed fat?

Would our great great grand mothers know what is skimmed milk or even recognize it?

Even at my father's time when he was a small boy in 1940s, he drank pure goat's milk at its raw form. He said the family would buy fresh raw goat's milk from Indian guys who rode bicycles with bottles of it at the back.

Then they bring home, boil the milk over fire stove, and just drink it. No such thing as low fat, skimmed rubbish.

He even told me when the goat's milk is boiled, there's a layer of fat float at the top, and that's his favourite. He drank that EVERYDAY.

And he's 80 years old now, and healthy, perfectly mobile and mentally alert, no medical problems and no one believes he's near 80.

The proof is in the pudding. not so experts who don't even lived in the past.

To me, skimmed or low fat milk are processed unnatural by product milk, which Mother Nature never provided.

For our kids, they need everything that Nature can offer at its most original form.

If the milk comes with full of fat and creamy, that how Mother Nature wants us to take it, unless your kid is super obese and having heart problems.
That's HL milk. Their package list all the crap that they add in

Other brands like Meiji, Farm Fresh, Farmhouse, etc, it's just pure 100% milk.

heat too high kill all the nutrition!that why fresh milk cost more and prefer more than UHT? Hey Dairy told me when heating up their goat milk for baby use mild heating!! does make sense to me

milk doesn't really have micronutrients per say. I don't think heating it to UHT levels is bad for your health.

it's just a method of preservation.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

I would say something though. The concept of drinking another animal's milk is only for humans.

Any industralised production of milk is really not very natural.

These cows are impregnated every year to give birth to one calf to keep producing the milk. 

There is nothing really wrong with regular skim milk as well.

But i drink fresh/full cream milk to improve satiety for myself and the kids in the morning to start their day.

Really weird. I was typing on this human drinking cow milk actually not natural blah blah blah then deleted it away as saw no point in replying haha.

Really weird. I was typing on this human drinking cow milk actually not natural blah blah blah then deleted it away as saw no point in replying haha.

Every single thing we eat is unnatural in some way. 

Are we not talking about self life in the first first instead of cost and preference? 

I think I may have found a possible cause.

Last Friday, I went to SS to top up my milk stock, at first went for another brand, then the promoter came over and started asking me why not taking their milk. After a short discussion, decided to try again, so took 2 new cartons. So far done 1.5 cartons and no problem.

this morning on the way back I went to top up again, saw Stocks quite new, latest use by date is now 11 MAR 19 (very new stock), so wanted to give them chance. But I realize one thing, some cartons are leaking from the base. 

Because i took the ones from the top shelf, I could see the base of the cartons were wet, I touched and cfm is milk leaking and not water, because there is a sour smell. I put the cartons back and went for the ones in the plastic bags instead. What I saw made me give up totally.

There is milk droplets inside the plastic bag,  took out one carton and check the base, totally wet. Put them all back and went for the cowhead cartons instead, use by date 03/03/19, and I dont have any issue with cowhead for as long as I can remember. 

So i suspect is a packaging issue, the base of the cartons are not properly sealed up, or for some reasons the base of the cartons are broken. 

So guys, do check and make sure the base of the carton is dry the next time you pick up cartons of milk, can happen to any brand I think. 

↡ Advertisement