• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic | 18 praises

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:37 AM

AndyHo
  • AndyHo
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Was quoted 1.8k to redo car seat upholstery. Full grained leather. What is full grained leather? Is it good?

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:18 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

"What's the difference between PVC, PU and Genuine leather."

PVC leather, also called as polyvinyl chloride, it’s an original kind of imitation leather which is chloride group in the vinyl groups. This replacement is blended with other chemicals to create a durable plastic that is easy to maintain.

PVC leather is an environmental and health standpoint, it is the most toxic plastic leather. Vinyl chloride, the chemical used to make it, is a human carcinogen, according to the World Health Organization's International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC).

PU, the know as poly urethane,is a synthetic leather. It mainly produced from cattle or pig’s second layer of skin as raw material. A special lamination process is used to make leather surface which is covered with polyurethane decorative layer made up of PU transfer film leather. This leather is considered to be a safe.

Genuine Leather is made stripping the upper layers of the grain, this is a not a specific type, so if you request it from a store then there is a possibility of getting something else.

https://www.quora.co...genuine-leather

At 1.8K I think it's PU leather. You could be given PVC, really hard to tell them apart.

Edited by Watwheels, 11 February 2019 - 10:23 AM.

Feel so rich. Or just an illusion?

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:49 PM

AndyHo
  • AndyHo
    Clutched
    Author Image

Another shop quoted me $1350 for full leather. Reasonable? Full or semi leather is better for car seat??

Edited by AndyHo, 11 February 2019 - 01:50 PM.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:30 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Was quoted 1.8k to redo car seat upholstery. Full grained leather. What is full grained leather? Is it good?

Full grain leather is the best grade leather, assuming what the guy quoted is real . Full leather may not necessarily be full gain but it is still genuine leather. If you want to save cost, some of the area like the side, back and lower portion of the seat can use PU leather, only  area where will come into contact will use real leather.  you should ask the two of them in more detail to help you understand better.

Edited by Ct3833, 11 February 2019 - 02:31 PM.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:32 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Full grain leather is the best grade leather, assuming what the guy quoted is real . Full leather may not necessarily be full gain but it is still genuine leather. If you want to save cost, some of the area like the side, back and lower portion of the seat can use PU leather, only area where will come into contact will use real leather. you should ask the two of them in more detail to help you understand better.

Yes use semi leather if want save cost, can easily save $400 over normal full leather
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:22 PM

AndyHo
  • AndyHo
    Clutched
    Author Image

Yes use semi leather if want save cost, can easily save $400 over normal full leather

Semi leather - front is leather, rear is pvc... yup was quoted cheap, less than 1k

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:28 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ask to feel the leather.

Choose the one that feels better.

:D

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:39 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Semi leather - front is leather, rear is pvc... yup was quoted cheap, less than 1k

If ur car sedan or suv can get ard 700

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:44 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If ur car sedan or suv can get ard 700

Wow can share where to find such lobang ?

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:51 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wow can share where to find such lobang ?

Inno** leather
Discoburg praised this

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:04 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Inno** leather

Thank you. But unable to praise you anymore.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:05 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thank you. But unable to praise you anymore.

No worry buddy, sharing is caring hahaha

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:07 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Another shop quoted me $1350 for full leather. Reasonable? Full or semi leather is better for car seat??

And what's your car model?

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:07 AM

AndyHo
  • AndyHo
    Clutched
    Author Image

And what's your car model?

Sienta.

Inno** leather

U sure or not... was quoted $1400 for full leather and $2400 for nappa leather...
Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 14 April 2019 - 05:23 PM

ronaldquono
  • ronaldquono
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

just got a reply back from one of the auto upholstery shop and is between 800-1k depending on the quality of the covers and condition of the seat padding possibly.

That is very DEAR.....

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:31 PM

Benchong05
  • Premium member
    Benchong05
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Anyone know which shop do repair for car leather Seat? Just a tear on one of the seat.

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:36 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anyone know which shop do repair for car leather Seat? Just a tear on one of the seat.

Those high 👠 shoes are leather killers.

Should ask your lady fren to take it off first.

:D
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:36 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I've seen a place next to leong seng tyres in Ubi, but never used them.

This place (only look see when I was at LS, never try, not vouching for them):

Classic Auto Leather Pte Ltd

53 Ubi Ave 1, Singapore 408934
6293 2384 https://g.co/kgs/4Bc3KP

Edited by Turboflat4, 14 May 2019 - 04:46 PM.

Benchong05 praised this

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:45 PM

Lava
  • Lava
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I am looking for a back seats cover for my wife car, she used to ferry her 2 furkids in the back seats.

Back to Cosmetics  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

EA Detailer

EA Detailer  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by siangtee75  |  Neutral Newbie

Prior to my visit to EA Detailer to attempt to remove the coackroaches in my car, I visited at least 2 others (Both said that they can remove the coachroaches from my car) but the coachroaches came back within 3 days.

Came across EA Detailer website with some skepticism but I was desperate to rid my car of cockroaches as they are the 1st time me and my family s... » Read More

Auto - Interior Upholstery Services

Auto - Interior Upholstery Services  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by EmpireRom3  |  Neutral Newbie

Take pride in their work detailed, dedicated and responsible. The quality of their works exceed my expectations. My car is a rare one and the boss put in a lot of effort to do up a superb job. Highly recommended!

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Upholstery - Seats & Tops

Quick Reply

Tags: seat, upholstery, csr and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users