• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
194 replies to this topic | 1,348 praises

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:47 AM

BabyBlade

Hi all. So over the weekend this happened. I bid farewell to my exactly a year old iPhone 8 Plus.

3.jpg

1.jpg

My circles.life sim card survived apparently. But having not back up my iCloud for awhile.... there goes everything else inside. Including contacts.

2.jpg

Too heartbroken to going back to being an Apple user, though no fault of Apple's, I bite the bullet and went for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro. My first android in years. No research done on this phone except constantly impressed by steveluv's vacation pictures taken by the Huawei.

huawei_mate_20_pro_winfuture.jpg

leica.jpg

Huawei users fall in here! What's good about this phone, tips and tricks to use the camera correctly, reasonably priced tempered glass for the curved screen, solid phone casing etc. Please share with a total noob here!  [:(]

Tianmo, steveluv, Jamesc, Tohto, chryst, Pohhenry, kobayashiGT, 7 other members and 1 Anonymous member praised this
I like my hair messy, my life high, and my soul wild.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:49 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

catch fire or crashed?

steveluv praised this
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:50 AM

BabyBlade

catch fire or crashed?

Crashed, my phone. Lol.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:44 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Ya the Huawei photos are really good
steveluv praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:56 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

With all the spying claim, I hope Huawei phone don't auto turn on by itself, take comprising pictures and send it to China. [laugh]

steveluv praised this

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:12 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

With all the spying claim, I hope Huawei phone don't auto turn on by itself, take comprising pictures and send it to China. [laugh]

just dun let the phone face your bed at night   [laugh]

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:15 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

my SIL original charger exploded and melt right before her on her work desk.

steveluv and Mustank praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:17 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Jamesc buying for MIL NAOOOOOOOOO...
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:18 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

maybe chiong one works better for him with faster result.

Jamesc praised this

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:23 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Apple or Huawei?

You don’t stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:46 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

SIL is a Cyborg? 😂

Anyway, I am still using the original charger that came with my mate9 for both my mate9 and mate20pro now.

I am also not using the jelly case that came with the mate20pro but bought a smart cover on Q10 instead for $10.

Crashed, my phone. Lol.

Looking at the aftermath of the ip8 ...you must have been very very angry....

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:00 PM

Myxilplix
  • Myxilplix
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I'm using normal P20 cos i prefer the smaller size.

The camera is good but sometimes overdoes the AI thing, eg. giving you bokeh effect when you don't want it. Just a matter of selecting the right modes for the type of shot you want to take. 95% of the time i just let it do it's thing. 

Overall pretty happy with the phone. Was previously using samsung galaxy 5/6/7 and sony xperia.

A line of paint on a road holds more authority than I ever will.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:07 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wah quarrel with boyfriend?
BabyBlade praised this

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:16 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I'm using normal P20 cos i prefer the smaller size.

The camera is good but sometimes overdoes the AI thing, eg. giving you bokeh effect when you don't want it. Just a matter of selecting the right modes for the type of shot you want to take. 95% of the time i just let it do it's thing.

Overall pretty happy with the phone. Was previously using samsung galaxy 5/6/7 and sony xperia.

The m20p is not really that big... In fact, the width is smaller than the mate9.

The height is the same and thickness is about there also.

Diff is the mate9 got thick bezel.

When I ordered the m20p online, I was expecting something like the xiaomi mi-max sized device... But then came something smaller than my mate9.
steveluv praised this

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:27 PM

Alpha78
  • Premium member
    Alpha78
    6th Gear
    Author Image

The m20p is not really that big... In fact, the width is smaller than the mate9.

The height is the same and thickness is about there also.

Diff is the mate9 got thick bezel.

When I ordered the m20p online, I was expecting something like the xiaomi mi-max sized device... But then came something smaller than my mate9.

Mate 20 Pro is definitely narrower than Mate 9. Mate 20X is the one that's bigger than Mate 9, it falls under the humongous territory. [laugh]

I upgraded from Mate 9 to Mate 20X and no regrets. Only thing is people commenting, can you put that phone in your pocket? Oh yah, I forgot, you have deep pockets.  [furious] Tio suan.

steveluv, Fuelsaver and Theoldjaffa praised this
Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:36 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Who made you so angry to smash your phone? 😰
BabyBlade and BanCoe praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:38 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Mate 20 Pro is definitely narrower than Mate 9. Mate 20X is the one that's bigger than Mate 9, it falls under the humongous territory. [laugh]

I upgraded from Mate 9 to Mate 20X and no regrets. Only thing is people commenting, can you put that phone in your pocket? Oh yah, I forgot, you have deep pockets. [furious] Tio suan.

I was deciding BTW the m20p vs the m20x ... But specs win over size for me... Especially when paying so much for it.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:42 PM

Alpha78
  • Premium member
    Alpha78
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I was deciding BTW the m20p vs the m20x ... But specs win over size for me... Especially when paying so much for it.

Me too. But it was the other way round. Paying more for curved screen which may turn green, under-screen fingerprint reader which is not friendly to screen protectors, I decided to go with 20X so that I get the same camera as 20 pro.

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:53 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Me too. But it was the other way round. Paying more for curved screen which may turn green, under-screen fingerprint reader which is not friendly to screen protectors, I decided to go with 20X so that I get the same camera as 20 pro.

I never liked those finger print scanners... So I stick to passcodes and facial recognition... Works well on both phones. Did not set up fingerprint unlock also.

Only difference is on the m9, the phone will just unlock and go into the desktop whereas on the m20p, after unlocking, you still need to swipe the screen to get to the desktop.

Edited by Ysc3, 11 February 2019 - 01:54 PM.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:00 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Apple or Huawei?

apple.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:02 PM

BabyBlade

Looking at the aftermath of the ip8 ...you must have been very very angry....

Flew off my bike's phone mount on the expressway.  [bigcry]

I upgraded from Mate 9 to Mate 20X and no regrets. Only thing is people commenting, can you put that phone in your pocket? Oh yah, I forgot, you have deep pockets.  [furious] Tio suan.

Considered the 20X but too big. Closer to tablet size.

steveluv praised this

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:06 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I always bring my phone into shower rm ☺
1 Anonymous member praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:08 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Flew off my bike's phone mount on the expressway. [bigcry]

Considered the 20X but too big. Closer to tablet size.

Should have got one of those Mous brand iPhone cases... They drop the phone from 50m also no problem!

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:08 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Crashed, my phone. Lol.

Iphone noy crash proof ... not good to sit on it 😊 .
U got backup my contact 🤗
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:10 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I always bring my phone into shower rm âº

If really got spies on the phone, the spies would be visiting temples regularly to clear their tormented souls. 😂
Angcheek praised this

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:12 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I read a couple quarrel while driving n the woman passenger jump off the car . 😱
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:18 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Huawei cam is better than Samsung and they are the top notch.
Just dont bring it to US if u travel. 😁
Jamesc, Carbon82 and 1 Anonymous member praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:43 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I always bring my phone into shower rm ☺

for selfies ?  :D

focus

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:49 PM

steveluv
  • steveluv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Took these photos last night at a restaurant with my Mate 20 Pro, my dinner companion's iPhone XS Max cannot even compare

Anyway these are taken with normal setting without flash (not taken with Night setting).

pYDNJaC.jpg

kwqpTHI.jpg

oqA9zmB.jpg

Cool right?

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:01 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

if phone like that, what condition do you think the BF will be in now?  :huh:  :wacko:  [crazy]

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:06 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Oh yes... The back lighting is a great improvement over the m9 !

So far, looking at reviews, seems only the pixel3 can fight with the m20p.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:11 PM

Ben5266
  • Premium member
    Ben5266
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

auto take pictures and upload to MCF...

Then we know the real face of Babyblade...

[;)]

Tianmo, Thaiyotakamli and RH1667 praised this
Champion of the Champions 2016 & 2017!

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:18 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

if phone like that, what condition do you think the BF will be in now? :huh: :wacko: [crazy]

Edited by Roadrunner2029, 11 February 2019 - 04:18 PM.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:21 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Took these photos last night at a restaurant with my Mate 20 Pro, my dinner companion's iPhone XS Max cannot even compare

Anyway these are taken with normal setting without flash (not taken with Night setting).

pYDNJaC.jpg

kwqpTHI.jpg

oqA9zmB.jpg

Cool right?

Very nice bro ... but i noticed the restaurant u went usually empty empty bo lang 😁 must be very atas type

Edited by Angcheek, 11 February 2019 - 04:22 PM.

steveluv and Mercs praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:24 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

if phone like that, what condition do you think the BF will be in now?  :huh:  :wacko:  [crazy]

minimum is A&E lor ...  [:p]

Very nice bro ... but i noticed the restaurant u went usually empty empty bo lang 😁 must be very atas type

maybe he own the restaurant [:p] ...

steveluv, Angcheek and Thaiyotakamli praised this
focus

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:26 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am buying 2.

Just in case one not working properly.

:D

steveluv, RadX, BanCoe and RH1667 praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:28 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi all. So over the weekend this happened. I bid farewell to my exactly a year old iPhone 8 Plus.

attachicon.gif3.jpg

attachicon.gif1.jpg

My circles.life sim card survived apparently. But having not back up my iCloud for awhile.... there goes everything else inside. Including contacts.

attachicon.gif2.jpg

Too heartbroken to going back to being an Apple user, though no fault of Apple's, I bite the bullet and went for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro. My first android in years. No research done on this phone except constantly impressed by steveluv's vacation pictures taken by the Huawei.

attachicon.gifhuawei_mate_20_pro_winfuture.jpg

attachicon.gifleica.jpg

Huawei users fall in here! What's good about this phone, tips and tricks to use the camera correctly, reasonably priced tempered glass for the curved screen, solid phone casing etc. Please share with a total noob here!  [:(]

You lost all your contacts?

Here is mine again 

9001-LuvU

:D

Theoldjaffa praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:30 PM

steveluv
  • steveluv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Was Sunday night and we arrive at 9pm. This one is upmarket but not that atas.

Its my fist time to this restaurant. Drinks a a bit on the high side though for example double Hendricks with tonic comes at $30 a glass and the bottle of Amarone $160

uNQHcAh.jpg

Will post this in my Thai makan thread later today

Angcheek and Lala81 praised this

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:31 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I got a mate 20 pro a while back. Got fed up with my samsung after just a few months of use (bad battery life etc.)

This phone is probably the best phone I've ever had. Amazing battery life, super fast charging, great photos, fast.
steveluv, Theoldjaffa and Vratenza praised this

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:35 PM

Celicar
  • Celicar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Its my fist time to this restaurant. Drinks a a bit on the high side though for example double Hendricks with tonic comes at $30 a glass and the bottle of Amarone $160

uNQHcAh.jpg

Sounds painful.

steveluv praised this

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:57 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

for selfies ? :D

U wan my pic 😊
Mercs praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:02 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

uNQHcAh.jpg

Ohh in Siam land . That wine is ex siol but i guest restaurants are like that.
The first thing that caught my eyes are not the drinks but the shinny diamond
.. dua dua liap one. 😁 1.5 ct ?
Mercs, Weez911, Pohhenry and Uncle2 praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:14 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If wine is less than 2-3x of the supermarket /  wholesaler price, then it's quite cheap for a restaurant.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:00 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

if phone like that, what condition do you think the BF will be in now? :huh: :wacko: [crazy]

Bf father mother cannot recognise ald lol

Very nice bro ... but i noticed the restaurant u went usually empty empty bo lang ð must be very atas type

He book the whole restaurant to have a quiet and private dining
Tianmo, Carbon82 and Angcheek praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:15 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

why nobody ask whether TS ok or not hah ?  [laugh]

focus

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:27 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

why nobody ask whether TS ok or not hah ? [laugh]

she says phone crashed not she crash.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:29 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

she says phone crashed not she crash.

heart pain leh ?

SiLangKia praised this
focus

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:37 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

heart pain leh ?

you heart pain her or heart pain the phone crashed?
SiLangKia and Theoldjaffa praised this

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:44 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

you heart pain her or heart pain the phone crashed?

[lipsrsealed]

[laugh]

Ash2017 praised this
focus

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:45 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

[lipsrsealed]

[laugh]

The road that took the impact of the fall
SiLangKia praised this
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: huawei, mate 20 pro, leica and 4 more...

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users