Energy Saving - Never turn on headlamp

Benchong05

Hi guys,

I noticed there are many drivers who never turn on their headlamp at all as there are backlit in their meter gauge and DayLight, I have encounter 2 vehicles on the same day.

Guess that is the basic when you drive on the road and what was taught when you went to learn driving, just don't understand why drivers can forget to turn on headlamp.

post-129209-0-88747000-1550109300_thumb.jpg

post-129209-0-26477800-1550109305_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Goondu, even i high beam or give signal by off and on my headlight, only 1 out of 5 will get it

The rest are blardy goondu and i notice those forgot on headlight are elder or ladies driver

Luckily nowadays many cars come with auto headlight.

• Praise 11

Goondu, even i high beam or give signal by off and on my headlight, only 1 out of 5 will get it

The rest are blardy goondu and i notice those forgot on headlight are elder or ladies driver

Luckily nowadays many cars come with auto headlight.

Even the lower CC Vehicles come with Auto headlamp but most of them just turn it to OFF.  [laugh]

I also like you, I high beam them but they like blur sotong and ignore me, some even thought that I want to overtake me and try to block me from overtaking.

What a goondu and High EGO Driver! 

Edited by Benchong05

I am at the other extreme end. Always switch on my main headlights, day or night, indoor or outdoor. I even disabled the auto function so daytime will still on. Intention is to increase my car visibility to others. Reason as follow.

My car is light silver and had black number plates. During first year i seem to get hit very often esp rear. Car rear ended me, motorbike rear ended me. I thought my car must be very invisible to others so they keep hitting me. So i changed number plate to rear yellow and i always switch on my headlamps. Next 3 years was ok.

• Praise 11

I find it better than those car that turn their car into Xmas tree. Switch on all the lights available i.e. front fog light, rear fog light, high beam

Can't agree more with both the extremes (not on light and on all available lights). Both the set of drivers don't realize what is wrong...

There are indicators inside the car to indicate that headlight is not on or the high beam/fog lights are on, just that they don't pay attention.

• Praise 1

Then there's another type who just follow law without any common sense.

Once I sat in a colleague's car, it was around 6+pm, heavy rain storm and dark, visibility was very poor. So I ask him, you forgot to switch on your headlights.

His reply: 7pm then need to switch on headlamp, now no need.

I never dare sit his car anymore.

• Praise 12
  • Sad 2

Then there's another type who just follow law without any common sense.

Once I sat in a colleague's car, it was around 6+pm, heavy rain storm and dark, visibility was very poor. So I ask him, you forgot to switch on your headlights.

His reply: 7pm then need to switch on headlamp, now no need.

I never dare sit his car anymore.

maybe he feel he can see clearly enough.

but he forgot more importantly is to let others see him 

• Praise 4

Nowadays DRL too powerful until looks equivalent to headlights. And driver just too blur fark/bochup to notice that surrounding cars all got headlights on.

Either way, i think technology advancement making us dumber

Edited by boonhat_91

Hi guys,

I noticed there are many drivers who never turn on their headlamp at all as there are backlit in their meter gauge and DayLight, I have encounter 2 vehicles on the same day.

Guess that is the basic when you drive on the road and what was taught when you went to learn driving, just don't understand why drivers can forget to turn on headlamp.

I honestly don't get it. If the cars have auto-headlights, just leaving it to auto and you are good to go. Sigh

• Praise 2

This I must agree. Too many of them are straight dumb.

5 out of 10 drivers I have encountered seems to know that they purposely did not switch on their headlights.

There was this driver beside me, I just shouted "Bro!", he immediately turn on his headlights without looking at me.

Hi guys,

that's why better car have auto light only which cannot be turn off.

either Auto/On..

best is to implement also auto high beam.

else some idiot drive with high beam.. WTF...

most cars nowadays got auto console light on whether driving in the day or night, so many drivers may not have noticed that the headlamps are not on since the street may be brightly lit. Last time those old cars if never on the light, the console will be all black.  [laugh]

• Praise 2

most cars nowadays got auto console light on whether driving in the day or night, so many drivers may not have noticed that the headlamps are not on since the street may be brightly lit. Last time those old cars if never on the light, the console will be all black.  [laugh]

The auto console light is brighter in the day and slightly dimmer (different hue) when the lights are on.

Irrespective of the console light, there is (and was in older cars too) indicators inside the console panel to indicate parking(pole lights), low beam and high beam headlight.

In one word - plain lazy and dumb drivers.

68 BASIC THEORY OF DRIVING
PART III
TRAFFIC RULES AND REGULATIONS Seat Belts / Lights
SEAT BELTS
101 All persons travelling in vehicles, irrespective of
their age, should be appropriately belted up. Adults
below the height of 1.35m shall use booster seats or
approved adjustable seat belts to lower the risk of
injury in the event of an accident.
102 A composition fine of $120 and 3 demerit points
will be awarded for failing to belt up.
LIGHTS
103 At night (between 7.00pm and 7.00am) you must drive with your headlights on.

104 At night always drive well within
the limits of your headlights.
Beware of pedestrians standing
on the central divider because
it is difficult to see them when
dazzled by the lights of oncoming
vehicles.
105 Use dipped headlights at night in
built-up areas and during rainy
weather.
106 On unlit roads always use your high beam. Dip your headlights when meeting other
vehicles and cyclists. If you are dazzled by the lights of another vehicle, slow down and
stop if necessary.