Energy Saving - Never turn on headlamp

Benchong05

I usually turn mine on manually even though the car has auto headlight as I fear that the sensor might fail and I will not have my lights on. Usually I will check against the car in front or the darker patch of the road to know if my lights are on. I usually have both headlights and fog lights on because I would switch the main beams off when I go into the car park as my MSCP design is a bit cuckoo if the headlights are on it will shine into units on the ascending ramp. Fog lights remain on to let drivers know there is a car approaching. Such practice driving with fog lights on OK or not? I know TP will ask me to turn them off if I suay suay bump into one. 

↡ Advertisement

The reason for this problem is not only DRL. Many occasion i saw are cars without DRL, bcos their instrument cluster panel lights are on, so they didnt notice that there is actually a green indicator of headlights missing.

Older days only when u switch on headlights, instrument cluster lights come on, so they will know that headlights not on. Even so, some with older technology can also dont turn on headlights.

My opinion is to give them hefty fine to let them learn, talk about this, what about those with highbeam on and didnt even know. I wonder how stupid can these ppl get really.

• Praise 1

Goondu, even i high beam or give signal by off and on my headlight, only 1 out of 5 will get it

The rest are blardy goondu and i notice those forgot on headlight are elder or ladies driver

Luckily nowadays many cars come with auto headlight.

the other day I saw a car machiam the boot never close properly … coz was bouncing about 10cm up and down (maybe it was tied down?)

anyway, when we stopped at the traffic lights, I honked and wound down my window and look in his direction but he just kept looking infront !! I also donno how to highlight to him liow ?? I also don't dare to keep honking … sekali the fella infront thot I kacheow him ….

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 1

that's why better car have auto light only which cannot be turn off.

either Auto/On..

best is to implement also auto high beam.

else some idiot drive with high beam.. WTF...

I have to agree with this as I encounter one Lexus NX which keep the High Beam switch on all the way during a drizzle raining day.

It seems that most driver use the Extreme Right Lane as their Grandfather's lane and every single vehicle will just keep to the Extreme Right lane whenever they exit to the Expressway or road.

Any vehicle travelling in front of this Lexus NX will think that what they have done wrong to be high beam by this Lexus. Crap!  [hur]

post-129209-0-69458000-1550129979_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Common issue lah. With DRL and lighted dashboard some blur koks think their headlight switched on liao. Plus switch off auto headlight to prolong bulb lifespan. In SG got money buy car but can't afford bulbs...

• Praise 2

Common issue lah. With DRL and lighted dashboard some blur koks think their headlight switched on liao. Plus switch off auto headlight to prolong bulb lifespan. In SG got money buy car but can't afford bulbs...

It depends on how much the bulb is....

I never turn on my Auto Headlight function. Reason: avoid unnecessary turn on. Sometimes the sensor go haywire even on day time when it’s still bright...

another reason is to prolong the bulb lifespan...

If u r on halogen bulb..it’s cheap.. to replace...

if u r on HID / LED... u will think twice if u wanna on the auto headlight function.

Im not rich. I used to drive cars with halogen lightbulbs... a pair cost me abt $70-$80.. but now i drive a car with HID... one side of bulb cost me $275 (outside workshop) or $580 (Agent workshop).

If LED, sure more expensive.

But i never forgot to on my headlights... even though I have DRL :)

• Praise 1

The auto console light is brighter in the day and slightly dimmer (different hue) when the lights are on.

Irrespective of the console light, there is (and was in older cars too) indicators inside the console panel to indicate parking(pole lights), low beam and high beam headlight.

In one word - plain lazy and dumb drivers.

sometimes never notice lah.

But my car has DRL on at least.

my old altis also sometimes forget. But usually not goondu enough to drive too long without realising.

• Praise 1

I never turn on my Auto Headlight function. Reason: avoid unnecessary turn on. Sometimes the sensor go haywire even on day time when it’s still bright...

if u r on HID / LED... u will think twice if u wanna on the auto headlight function.

Im not rich. I used to drive cars with halogen lightbulbs... a pair cost me abt $70-$80.. but now i drive a car with HID... one side of bulb cost me $275 (outside workshop) or $580 (Agent workshop).

I think for my car,  if the main light kaputz,  need to replace the entire assembly.  [laugh]

• Praise 1

the other day I saw a car machiam the boot never close properly ⦠coz was bouncing about 10cm up and down (maybe it was tied down?)

anyway, when we stopped at the traffic lights, I honked and wound down my window and look in his direction but he just kept looking infront !! I also donno how to highlight to him liow ?? I also don't dare to keep honking ⦠sekali the fella infront thot I kacheow him â¦.

Is it altis?
  • Praise 1

maybe it's reverse psychology.

Amongst a sea of cars with their headlights on, the one kuku without headlights on actually stands out more conspicuously! Making themselves more visible for safety's sake lol

post-211521-0-53363200-1550193768.jpg

• Praise 1

You tio carrot for the HID. I always let my HID headlight on auto. For the price of one side you stated, I can buy a pair Osram D1S CBI or 2 pairs of Morimoto D1S XB from reputable US online shop and ship over

• Praise 1

You tio carrot for the HID. I always let my HID headlight on auto. For the price of one side you stated, I can buy a pair Osram D1S CBI or 2 pairs of Morimoto D1S XB from reputable US online shop and ship over

Agree that the HID headlight you purchase is carrot price, I bought my OSRAM HID only cost me $140 per pair or you can get similar price range for a higher voltage HID, it is working well for up to 2 years.

• Praise 1

I think for my car, if the main light kaputz, need to replace the entire assembly. [laugh]

Haha your’s should be LED.

Good luck. Haha... whole assembly could cost above $1k for 1 side...

I only use original parts from manufacture.

I dont buy 3rd party for my current car.

Agree that the HID headlight you purchase is carrot price, I bought my OSRAM HID only cost me $140 per pair or you can get similar price range for a higher voltage HID, it is working well for up to 2 years.

I only use original parts.

I dont use 3rd party parts..

• Praise 1

I see, that is up to individual. If you are in the automotive parts market, you can get OEM parts with Original Quality but paying much cheaper price.  [:p]

really so many nvr turn on headlights nowadays. jus few days back....this car nvr turn on but i already passed him. so i slowed down n put out my hand to give some kind of hand gesture that his light is off. 

but...this fella dunno mayb suddenly become scared....he slowed down all the way n avoid getting near me. but still oblivious that his headlight is off *facepalm*. 

• Praise 1

Most car light bulb are manufacture by Osram and Phillips. But if you insist on using original, then the cheapest way is to get it from stockist but still prepare to pay a good amount. 

Thanks hor !  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement