Airbus stops production of A380

Jamesc

depends hor ... I try to avoid 777-200 flights. planes are > 10 yo and IFE looks like those old VGA screens, heats up and has lines.  :blink:

SQ has quite a few > 10 yo 777-200s in the fleet, I do try to avoid those flights.  [laugh]

As long as the seats have enough legroom I'm ok. But i don't like flying anyway (since i can't afford biz class)

↡ Advertisement

You are right of course. The A350 is no 7 series. But a 3 series is stll quite comfortable in its own right, although for me the A350 is more a 5 series.

I mention the A350-900 as equivalent to 3-series as i see the 777-300ER closer to a 5-series with it's longer fuselage

As long as the seats have enough legroom I'm ok. But i don't like flying anyway (since i can't afford biz class)

I can't sleep on planes so IFE is my lifeline.  [laugh]

good thing these days most planes start their IFEs during boarding. 

for jetstar I will bring reading material along 

I can't sleep on planes so IFE is my lifeline.  [laugh]

good thing these days most planes start their IFEs during boarding. 

for jetstar I will bring reading material along 

I cant really sleep also. so i dislike long flights since now have young kids.

So hang out around asia or australia still ok.

Melbourne is probably as far as i'll go with kids for years to come  [:p]

I cant really sleep also. so i dislike long flights since now have young kids.

So hang out around asia or australia still ok.

Melbourne is probably as far as i'll go with kids for years to come  [:p]

Yeah, actually plenty to see and do within Asia. Went thru the phase of asking for kiddie bag and crayons on flights too.

And Changi being a hub, we are have a good selection of airlines (premium and budget) to fly on. 

Good thing about travelling within Asia and maybe Australia is time zone diff not very major, easier for body to adjust. 

Since I am awake during the flight, I am therefore more yim jim about the plane I fly in. Just me.  [grin]

Yeah, actually plenty to see and do within Asia. Went thru the phase of asking for kiddie bag and crayons on flights too.

And Changi being a hub, we are have a good selection of airlines (premium and budget) to fly on. 

Good thing about travelling within Asia and maybe Australia is time zone diff not very major, easier for body to adjust. 

Since I am awake during the flight, I am therefore more yim jim about the plane I fly in. Just me.  [grin]

I give up on budget for the time being. the scoot delays really pissed me off.

Full service since i don't travel often. max twice a year...

I give up on budget for the time being. the scoot delays really pissed me off.

Full service since i don't travel often. max twice a year...

Not tried Tiger or Scoot before. So far only Jetstar for my budget flights. Must admit they are efficient and I am impressed. Once or twice we actually pushed back from the departure gate before the stipulated departure time. Longest delay I have encountered with Jetstar was around 20 or 30 mins.

And the Jetstar A320 seats are 18 inch wide, same as the A350s. 

Too bad Jetstar Asia is using A320 only, while Jetstar Australia already has the 787. Maybe in a few years time will be handed down to Jetstar Asia.  [flowerface]

actually SQ a bit hard to have a lot of empty seats I think, cos they code share with so many big airlines.

sit MH better chance of empty seats.  [laugh]

you not scare of plane go missing again?

Frankly there is no point to pay for First Class when the Business Class these days is good enough. First Class only for the extremely rich and perhaps status symbol. I wont pay for First Class even if I can afford n that’s not being sour grapes but just practical. As long as u can lie down, I don’t see why need to fly First Class but that’s me.

Very true. Once i gabra my seat number and sat in the SQ First Class section instead coz it looks quite similar to the biz class cabin. SQ ger ah jie shoo me off (kidding, she just laughed at me...)

SQ biz seats esp on the older A380s, sibei wide and spacious. This is upper deck cabin

post-1105-0-90626900-1550201884_thumb.jpg

post-1105-0-57095700-1550201900_thumb.jpg

post-1105-0-59319800-1550201913_thumb.jpg

you not scare of plane go missing again?

nah, in fact because of earlier incidents MH probably has tighter controls in place. 

wanted to give MH a try also because they were putting new A350s into service. 

• Praise 2

when i first took this plane the boarding itself was exciting.... so many doors :D

i sat in economy, looked around the big fat cabin with 500+ people...

then it started moving to the runway ... i thought a plane this heavy would need forever on the runway, but to my pleasant surprise, the nose started to rise mere seconds after full throttle, with what i would describe as a hum....

most relaxing take off ever.

sad end [smallcry]

nah, in fact because of earlier incidents MH probably has tighter controls in place. 

wanted to give MH a try also because they were putting new A350s into service. 

All these safety issues with MH is an over reaction.

I have absolutely no hesitation putting my MIL on MH.

No hesitation.

:D

• Praise 3

Wah...just 12 years since its inception. 

Destined to be a flying modern classic up in the sky, as I'm quite sure there won't be any one of similar size anytime soon. 

Emirates are still running their A380s into the 2030s.

So still have many years to have chances to board them. 

Boeing 747 wins the battle against the A380... it just reached its 50th anniversary and the latest 747-8 variant is still on sale  [laugh]

Fun fact: Flying on the 747 back in the 1970s is like taking premium economy these days.. 38" legroom for economy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztQVWI6_2is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg_wbrEDQys

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 1