COE Bidding – 2nd Round of February 2019

Carbon82

calling all Cat A car owners

this month PQP willl be the lowest

mai tu liao

Huat ah ........................... $25,524

Yeah, that is great for me. My COE is expired on 16 Apr 2019, but I will renew it in March with PQP = $25,524. Think that I will lose 16 days of COE, but I think the PQP for Apr will be 26k+.

can anyone advise why CAT B and CAT A difference so much nearly 10k, does it means Singaporean too rich to buy big car :D

it is time to redefine CAT A and CAT B criteria

Edited by MQX87511

can anyone advise why CAT B and CAT A difference so much nearly 10k, does it means Singaporean too rich to buy big car :D

I think there are 2 reasons:

1/ Quota for cat B (1,214) is significantly lower than for cat A (1,650), while demands for both two cat are not that much different.

2/ A lot of cars < 1600 cc but with hybrid now is in cat B. So the number of cat B owners might be also increased and demand for cat B is higher.

Edited by VictorTQT

Bid status accepted means what ahh? Never say successful leh. Any bro knows?

meaning ur COE bid is accepted, u get the COE in this round

Because 97KW is basically nothing for an engine these days (especially turbo engines).  Engines becoming more efficient on a yearly basis - more fuel economy and more power with same capacity engine.

Probably people upgrading too - Government wants everyone to have big families to stop aging population, but got to transport big families around too.  97KW isn't enough for a big car.

• Praise 1

a lot people predicate this year CEO drop, but the fact is shiit...

if many people chose to renew COE instead of scrap, and quota for new cars are slowly reduced, it is quite hard to see COE price dropping...also we do not know new player like go-jek will bid COE for cars a not.

meaning ur COE bid is accepted, u get the COE in this round

Oh really? I thot accepted means processing application thia. Thanks ahh bro. I call my SE and check.

@RH1667 thanks bro..GX GX

Oh ya . . This is first bid by SE a week after we booked car.

Edited by Count-Bracula

Oh really? I thot accepted means processing application thia. Thanks ahh bro. I call my SE and check.

If the status show accepted, it mean you secured your coe. If show out-bidded, then means you did no secured your coe lo.

So what car you buy ah?

• Praise 1

If u login into the bidding system,u actually can see how much ur dealer bid for u ,if the price is higher than the COE price this round ,then u got ur COE ,just to double confirm lah
  • Praise 2

If the status show accepted, it mean you secured your coe. If show out-bidded, then means you did no secured your coe lo.

So what car you buy ah?

Oh I did not know. Haha.

Ehh, Corolla Altis.

My SE good dah

If u login into the bidding system,u actually can see how much ur dealer bid for u ,if the price is higher than the COE price this round ,then u got ur COE ,just to double confirm lah

More by a hundred thia.

Dear seniors,

Need advice for my situation.

Current car(Cat A) coe will be ending 24 May 2019.

Will like to maximize current ride and save cost (duh...)

Looking to renew 10 years.

Hence will like to seek advice if I should just:

1) Go ahead and renew based on latest PQP of $25,525

2) Drive on and wait till next bidding

For option 2, can I drive on and in the event PQP increased, I choose to renew based on Feb PQP? What are some other issues I need to take note? Many thanks in advance :)

• Praise 1

Congrats.

Can collect your Corolla soon.

a lot people predicate this year CEO drop, but the fact is shiit...

Probably clearing backlogs from the Motor show last month.
↡ Advertisement