• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
165 replies to this topic | 292 praises

Posted 23 February 2019 - 04:06 PM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Today is 23Feb and PQP for March is already out.

Is it still possible to renew at Feb PQP price today?

Yes. As long u pay Feb pay feb Pqp..U still not clear bt how coe renewal works.???

Rising $1k every month is not really a lot, some times up some times down, hopefully will average out. dun need to be so stress up bro. Many bros already advise. Unless u r so tempted and lured by feb low coe pqp

Edited by YEN96, 23 February 2019 - 04:18 PM.

Albeniz and mengami praised this

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:04 PM

Albeniz
  • Albeniz
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Yes. As long u pay Feb pay feb Pqp..U still not clear bt how coe renewal works.???

Rising $1k every month is not really a lot, some times up some times down, hopefully will average out. dun need to be so stress up bro. Many bros already advise. Unless u r so tempted and lured by feb low coe pqp

Steady poon pee pee!
I like!

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:33 PM

Selanking
  • Selanking
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for Sharing this way of calculating. I am basing on the calculation when I buy my used car with a linear depre of about 14k/year, so if I will to renew it now, I will lose that depre(my own paper value) of about 10k between now to Dec.
Put it the other way round, if COE will to go up by 10k by then, I still will be at best break even, wont lose anything, plus 10 more months of driving vs if I will to renew it now.
Boh bian lah, want to be cheapo, must calculate until so jialat. i thought my logic is reasonable, hope to hear more views.

Your calculation based on your used car depreciation is correct. No rush to Renew COE now as PQP is base on 6 bids coe, just need to monitor closely coming coe bidding.
Ct3833 praised this

Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:40 AM

Lotr8445r
  • Lotr8445r
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Looking at the trend chart, it seem like Dec18 is the lowest it can go. After that, coe price keep raising. Does that imply the lowest we can get is over?

Now we are waiting to see how high it can climb for the subseqence years to go?

Can we conclude that in theory, after waiting for so long for coe drop on better performance car (cat B), it will not hit below 30k. In actual fact, it is not less than 40k now because of the invisible 10k ves add on.

So those bought their cat B car at 36k period in early 2016 (3 yrs ago & w/o ves) is the earliest folk that get the best price then

Edited by Lotr8445r, 28 February 2019 - 07:56 AM.

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:09 AM

mengami
  • mengami
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Today is 23Feb and PQP for March is already out.

Is it still possible to renew at Feb PQP price today?

I found it interesting too. I thought CNY was the cause of last month's spike. Although I don't think there's enough data to consider it trend yet. Goes to show you have to be in the trade to know how to bid for COE. Unless there's a data scientist here among us :)

Renaultsport Clio R27

Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:09 AM

carloverguy2017
  • carloverguy2017
    5th Gear
    Author Image

think until so much... seems like the impression people give is want to have car but cannot buy new car, cannot afford pre-own car and still can't have money to renew COE, which is the cheapest option to own a car.

Pardon me hor... really.. if struggling at work to sustain a car is tough job , please let go of the car and take public transport.

Uncle always say, no money don't drive car.

Drive car also become no money.

It's PNE ! PLay Not Enough lah...

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: coe, bidding, 2019, feb, february and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users