7,700 Singaporeans received inaccurate CHAS subsidies

StreetFight3r

What they demand from you?

Can't remember, they want some proof or something.

I use to get Work Skill money, bcuz I'm over 55 and still working.

I think that also stop coming in.

↡ Advertisement

NCS is also govt linked coy right?

Anyway, can outsource the work but you can't outsource the responsibility.

All under the same wing, even  if it is outsourced.

Can't always blame MOH. This reads like NCS is to blame.

Issue on 18 Sep, discovered on 24 Sep and notified NCS. By luck, they fixed the issue on 10 Oct. But they took a while to find the cause -- not surprising, IMO.

Talking about software bugs/issues.. It very complicated.. At times it need a super share eyes for trained programmers or at least have some knowledge of the system to detect adnormalities and or trand to narrow down what causes the fault/error/discrepancies. Not that easy.

Like for grab, the app sure have fault, error and discrepancies that is still not decteted by all their IT staff and those in the knowledge of the app. It still can function normally but at times the app behave unnormally..

So well.. Can't blame on MOH actually as MOH staff where got indepth knowledge of all these software technically? With regard to NCS, he need to take some blame due to its their software issue.. Looks like they just grain valuable experience on a certain trand that cause this issue and ensure things will not be repeated again.

I used to be in IT field for the first 20yrs of working life. In this case, they no do data validation. It wont affect other critical system ... no worry . ð ur CPF are safe.

Anyway this chas benefit can only be used on limited services n medi ... e.g. panadol sell u $10 and say give u discount $5 . But u can get cheaper outside.

i got all my meds supplies in Jb ... lol

1/3 the price for same brand same ingredients same manufacturer

i cannot afford $5 panafdol in spore ..

Talking about software bugs/issues.. It very complicated.. At times it need a super share eyes for trained programmers or at least have some knowledge of the system to detect adnormalities and or trand to narrow down what causes the fault/error/discrepancies. Not that easy.

Like for grab, the app sure have fault, error and discrepancies that is still not decteted by all their IT staff and those in the knowledge of the app. It still can function normally but at times the app behave unnormally..

So well.. Can't blame on MOH actually as MOH staff where got indepth knowledge of all these software technically? With regard to NCS, he need to take some blame due to its their software issue.. Looks like they just grain valuable experience on a certain trand that cause this issue and ensure things will not be repeated again.

Why can't blame MOH? Just cuz they outsourced it?

Tmr CPF Board outsource your CPF mgmt to some other company and it disappears, will you also say CPF board is blameless?

• Praise 1

What is this NCS company? So I Google...https://www.ncs.com.sg/about-us

"NCS is a member of the Singtel Group and....blah blah blah"

I think enough said. The usual ownself checking ownself BS. Moving on... [sleeping]

It's worse.

NCS was a govt dept previously. They just decide to park the company under Singtel after a while.

Why can't blame MOH? Just cuz they outsourced it?

Tmr CPF Board outsource your CPF mgmt to some other company and it disappears, will you also say CPF board is blameless?

yes, i like the statement that you can outsource management/processing but you cannot outsource responsibilities ... but the real world does not work that way

just like development flaws can only blame the bangla and ah tiongs!

It's worse.

NCS was a govt dept previously. They just decide to park the company under Singtel after a while.

If I remember correctly, NCS develop some software for a $2 company, which sells to some town council and some money was circulating around and around.

Confuse me.

• Praise 1

not just simply count age

it’s a “means testing” model which is complex and multi-considerations i guess

anyway, there should be rigorous testings and simulations

software is very complex and many layers

one change in one module might affect others

now i am worry about ERP 2.0 distance charges ... [sly] when comes online

may be 6-months free ERP deductions? tan ku ku .... [laugh]

don't worry, it will deduct more first, then appear in news, followed by investigation and refund..

I think the media people are getting smarter.

Noticed this piece of news seem to have gone under the radar?

It's because the news was released on a weekend, with the hope of reduced readership; And with Budget 2019 being the new focus at the start of the week, this will conveniently fade into the background.

yes, i like the statement that you can outsource management/processing but you cannot outsource responsibilities ... but the real world does not work that way

just like development flaws can only blame the bangla and ah tiongs!

It doesn't have to be this way.

We, the people, can hold them responsible.