New Honda Shuttle 2015

Carbon82

Above 70 dB is quite noisy. Lexus is below 50 dB.

There is 0 sound proofing layers in Honda Shuttle.

Before installing them, it is good to do a noise map in the cabin.

There should be a weight penalty and a higher fuel consumption though.

It's a given that the Honda Shuttle is noisier than the Lexus. While using the app to compare relative levels in different environments should be ok, I don't think the app has been calibrated for the particular device, so can't be relied on for a proper absolute reading, nor can the numbers be compared with another app / device.

I suppose that the Lexus readings may also be professionally taken (e.g. with a tuned microphone suspended or shock mounted in the car to avoid physical transmittance of vibrations from the car body to the mic, at 1m distance from noise source, etc)

Edited by Browser
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

It's a given that the Honda Shuttle is noisier than the Lexus. While using the app to compare relative levels in different environments should be ok, I don't think the app has been calibrated for the particular device, so can't be relied on for a proper absolute reading, nor can the numbers be compared with another app / device.

I suppose that the Lexus readings may also be professionally taken (e.g. with a tuned microphone suspended or shock mounted in the car to avoid physical transmittance of vibrations from the car body to the mic, at 1m distance from noise source, etc)

Compare to different class leh. Honda shuttle is a bread and butter car.. Cost also a lot cheaper then Lexus. Of coz La.

• Praise 1

Compare to different class leh. Honda shuttle is a bread and butter car.. Cost also a lot cheaper then Lexus. Of coz La.

If one is doing sound proofing, then Lexus' values of 40-50 dB could be the benchmark.
  • Praise 1

If one is doing sound proofing, then Lexus' values of 40-50 dB could be the benchmark.

I don't think Lexus cabin inside can be 40 to 50db range.. As in that range, it is dead quiet. I think more likely could be around 50plus to 60plus range db.

Anyway I also never do full soundproofing.. Only do 4 door, front wheel arc and undercarriage spray only. So well..

I don't think Lexus cabin inside can be 40 to 50db range.. As in that range, it is dead quiet. I think more likely could be around 50plus to 60plus range db.

Anyway I also never do full soundproofing.. Only do 4 door, front wheel arc and undercarriage spray only. So well..

The 40-50 dB is for slow driving measurements based on some YouTube I watched.  At higher speed, the noise level should also be higher.  This link provides a standardised speed cabin noise testing: http://alexonautos.com/cabin-noise/.

Bro. Mind PM me where u do and the price?
  • Praise 1

Hi I'm a new white Shuttle driver. Been driving it for 3 weeks and absolutely love the ride!

Can anyone enlighten me what paint protection is about? I'm also looking at curtains as I have 2 young kids below 6...want them to nap in car sometimes but my PI said shuffle doesn't have curtains...those shops with ready made curtains are too short or too odd size for shuttle windows...any advice?

We have changed the rims to 16" at our own cost. Really feel the drive is much better and more stable! ð

Glad to have chosen Shuttle over Vezel. ð

Bro. What's ur tyre profile for 16 inch??

You can join the shuttle club in Facebook. Got Alot of user update in there.

Fog lights dun waste money. Illegal to on unless needed.

Electric tail I think almost 1k? Nice to have but quite ex.

Autolock during driving? I read that can change setting but haven't try.

Sound insulation $200 for 4 doors during promotion at kenzo. I never do.

120 for front wheel arch by freelance guy.

I'm considering the wheel arch as road noise quite loud.

Install powered sub, front and rear speakers with front tweeters is 150 excluding the items by freelance. Will be doing this week as I dun like the stock speakers. The items u can get from carousell or mustafa.

The USB out from headunit mod to central panel I think close to 100 by r garage or something ? I'm considering this as Abit Troublesome to reach all the way to glove box to plug in and out hp.

Change to 16 inch rims and Bridgestone Tyres is 800.

These are the things I have done or considering doing. Apart from these, got door scuff plates and window visors sold in carousell. Cheers.

Bro, u still have ur freelance contact to do the ICE stuff? How is the after effect since 2 years passes......

Honda Shuttle & Toyota Sienta Accessories ððChinese New Year Promotion ðð

ðHonda Shuttle ð

-Door Vision-$40.00/With installation

-Magnetic Sunshade/4Pcs-$60.00

-Scuff Plate With LED(Red,Blue,White)-$80.00/With installation & 1Year Warranty

-Solf Foldable Tonneau Cover-$60.00

-Boot Tray-$45.00

-Customer Made USB Charger & Volt Meter-$60.00/With installation & 1Year Warranty

-Fog Light Cover + LED Fog Light-$650.00/With installation &1Year Warranty

-Room Lamp LED Light-$45.00/With installation & 6Mth Warranty

-Original H.U Holder-$95/With installation

-REXIS R/V Camera -$250.00/With Installation & 1Year Warranty

15822614_1922440654642987_7553419421127771868_n.jpg 15871950_1922441101309609_487330441638963761_n.jpg 15873255_1922440874642965_8198071448651720297_n.jpg 15894437_1922440764642976_3992545856560837472_n.jpg

15822828_1922440537976332_1220366509869562700_n.jpg

Fren. U still doing this service?

Hi all, anyone interested ODB door Autolock plug and play for shuttle? I bought some extra and want to sell for s$25 each. Pm me if keen. Tq

Hi, u still have it?

Yup, there is no sound proofing in stock car. Solution is to do soundproofing lor. I have done that and now my ride is so much quieter.

Can't agree more. Had a chance to ride around in the hybrid and the sound proofing is really bad.

What bothers me the most is I felt like I didn't shut any 1 of the windows. The wind whistling quite annoying.

This car really not for me. No power at all.

But the best part is the boot space. Knocking down both of the rear seats, its like a mini van!!!!

Can't agree more. Had a chance to ride around in the hybrid and the sound proofing is really bad.

What bothers me the most is I felt like I didn't shut any 1 of the windows. The wind whistling quite annoying.

This car really not for me. No power at all.

But the best part is the boot space. Knocking down both of the rear seats, its like a mini van!!!!

I too agree. 130bhp is no power. Slow. Looks like van. What's ur ride now uncle :)

I thought it is pretty fast for a bread and butter car and at it price point of $80-90k:

0 - 100 km/h sprint is 8.2 seconds and the top speed is 200 km/h.

https://m.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/overview.php?CarCode=11787

8.2 sec 0-100kmh is realistic ->

I think it's a clever package, fuel efficient for daily driving, fast when you want it. Just have to adjust your driving style re the dct clutch, use the paddle shifters when necessary, and you'll be fine

8.2 sec 0-100kmh is realistic ->

I think it's a clever package, fuel efficient for daily driving, fast when you want it. Just have to adjust your driving style re the dct clutch, use the paddle shifters when necessary, and you'll be fine

The petrol only version would feel slow off the line as the century sprint takes 12s or more.

The hybrid on the other hand should be more than enough. The fit hybrid is really fast of the line and the acceleration feels effortless.

Go for the hybrid if you can, you get much faster acceleration and lower fuel consumption which is quite contrary for fossil fuels only vehicles.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2