2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

OK thks for the info bro!!

I see some potential in this model cos no luxury brand mid size MPV available at least not from Benz and BMW so I'll be surprised if they don't bring it in. We shall see, cheers!!

Any news of the Audi spacer mpv that's rumoured to appear in 2016? Design looks interesting and sharp for a people mover.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/07/2016-audi-a3-spacer-mpv-88044

http://www.autoviva.com/article/audi_developing_a3_mpv_in_case_bmw_concept_active_/10674

post-29998-0-07103500-1424965181_thumb.jpg

Edited by Invigorated
  • Praise 2

Quick update, I've been informed that the Grand Tourer maybe brought in (rather they are considering) but this will happen year end at earliest? Its a big maybe so please don't based any decision on this news.

Any news of the Audi spacer mpv that's rumoured to appear in 2016? Design looks interesting and sharp for a people mover.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/07/2016-audi-a3-spacer-mpv-88044

http://www.autoviva.com/article/audi_developing_a3_mpv_in_case_bmw_concept_active_/10674

I am expecting more to jump into this segment. As some had already mentioned, don't be surprise to see a LWB B-Class with 2 additional seat in the boot, or an extended CT-200h with the same treatment.

• Praise 4

If PML doesn't bring in, PIs might....if 160k...i will be sorely tempted....

I doubt if can get this price at current COE levels cos active tourer already that price albeit from AD.

Then again who knows and from PI might be possible esp if COE comes down some more. We shall see!

• Praise 8

I doubt if can get this price at current COE levels cos active tourer already that price albeit from AD.

Then again who knows and from PI might be possible esp if COE comes down some more. We shall With the rece

With the recent revision in CEVS, the diesel version will get $10K rebate at most (vs. $15K before revision), so the chances of the 216d to be priced at S$160K is getting slimmer, unless drastic drop in COE premium.

• Praise 5

Actually with Singaporeans love of mpv. I don't see why this will not be a best seller. I would definitely buy this when I have the budget.

• Praise 2

did u guys notice this hatchback MPV has no rear wiper?? scroll down for a rather cute design IMO, just found out today...

2014-BMW-2er-Active-Tourer-F45-218i-Spor

jump to 1:16

http://youtu.be/UVFrAfRlRyY

If I am not wrong, such hidden wiper design already exist on some model, such as Lexus RX.

• Praise 5

Actually with Singaporeans love of mpv. I don't see why this will not be a best seller. I would definitely buy this when I have the budget.

It has to depend very much on the pricing strategy. If say $200K for a 1.5L BMW, many many wouldn't consider it at all, imo.

• Praise 4

It has to depend very much on the pricing strategy. If say $200K for a 1.5L BMW, many many wouldn't consider it at all, imo.

Agreed and IMO it has to be around $180k max to be able to do well. Even then it's on the high side but being BMW, buyers may consider but anything above and I don't think it will sell.

• Praise 3

Yes. The pricing will be critical. Shouldn't be > 20K more than other Conti MPV... i.e. 160 -180 K range

• Praise 2

If I am not wrong, such hidden wiper design already exist on some model, such as Lexus RX.

i think it is a brilliant design for hatchbacks

• Praise 1

I thought I thought I saw a Honda Stream. NNB BMW.

No lah, how can it look like the Stream.

It actually look closer to this...

proton4.jpg

• Praise 5

Wifey tried this car.... Her verdict, no brainier car... Better than B class. My children loves the space but too bad under cat B else this will be a B class killer.

As a passenger, comfy, space and very good options like LED HL, variable ambience lights, many safety assist, electronic boot with sensors.... Downside 16inch rims, small cup holders... And 15k+ dep..... Other than that I say BMW did a great job to put a 3 cycl engine and 6 speed auto together plus all those safety features that comes with the price.

I think its a very good first attempt to put Mini engineering into a larger chassis and body and brand it under BMW.

Edited by Voxy28
  • Praise 1