2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

hows the performance and handling?

Wifey says sports mode is responsive while handling is good bec it's lightly weighted and precise... I did not drive it but she gauge it base on e92. She prefers this to F10 and I was like arrrr.... Really? Turning radius is quite small for FWD, so I think that is her reason.. lol. If we confirm this, I will go wreck the car and let u know my feedback.

Anyway one of our shortlist....

↡ Advertisement

I'm assuming its the 2 series she drove? (not the Grand Tourer?)

Wifey tried this car.... Her verdict, no brainier car... Better than B class. My children loves the space but too bad under cat B else this will be a B class killer.

As a passenger, comfy, space and very good options like LED HL, variable ambience lights, many safety assist, electronic boot with sensors.... Downside 16inch rims, small cup holders... And 15k+ dep..... Other than that I say BMW did a great job to put a 3 cycl engine and 6 speed auto together plus all those safety features that comes with the price.

I think its a very good first attempt to put Mini engineering into a larger chassis and body and brand it under BMW.

I'm assuming its the 2 series she drove? (not the Grand Tourer?)

Yup... It's 2 series GT. Give it a try if u need one of these.... I just cannot imagine to pay so much for a IL3 twin turbo.... Hiaz.

• Praise 1

Yup... It's 2 series GT. Give it a try if u need one of these.... I just cannot imagine to pay so much for a IL3 twin turbo.... Hiaz.

Just to clarify, you tested the 2 series Active Tourer 5 seater and not the Grand Tourer 7 seater who has yet to come to our shores. There is another thread on the Active Tourer so shld hv posted there. Thks for the feedback though!

• Praise 4

Just to clarify, you tested the 2 series Active Tourer 5 seater and not the Grand Tourer 7 seater who has yet to come to our shores. There is another thread on the Active Tourer so shld hv posted there. Thks for the feedback though!

Only the 5 seater.... Didn't know there is gonna be a 7 seater. Sorry.... But what chassis is it gonna be? If it's the same chassis then no diff... Unless it is on e90. Well.... It's expensive nevertheless.... :(

Trouble is most BMW owners or should I say people who have driven a rear wheel drive BMW which is a driver's car has similar expectations of this 2 series active tourer.

It is not as this car is a front wheel drive. Also you have to manage your expectations as it is a compact SUV/MPV with a tall stance unlike anything BMW has built before.

However comparing to its rivals, its price is rather high and I guess the C4 Picasso is a good benchmark but I'm not too sure of the B Class cos IMO the active tourer seems more modern and refreshed vs the slightly more dated look of the B Class albeit it has been facelifted recently.

My 2 cents only and guess it's subjective.

• Praise 8

Actually citroen C4 has the best look

But merc is more reliable and better branding

While bmw for the youth and branding as well

I shun French cars bec I have no time to bring the car to workshop every now and then..... this also incl VW/Audi...

• Praise 4

Only the 5 seater.... Didn't know there is gonna be a 7 seater. Sorry.... But what chassis is it gonna be? If it's the same chassis then no diff... Unless it is on e90. Well.... It's expensive nevertheless.... :(

I'm not sure which chassis the Grand Tourer will be based on but as per another bro's post#7, dimensions are as follows:

Quick Spec

External Dimensions: 4,556mm (L) x 1,800 (W) x 1,608mm (H)

Drive: FWD with Transversely Front Mounted Engine

Model / Engine: 220i / 2.0 4Cycl TC Petrol / 192hp / 270Nm / 223Km/h / 7.7sec

218i / 1.5 3Cycl TC Petrol / 136hp / 220Nm / 205Km/h / 9.5sec

220d / 2.0 4Cycl TC Diesel / 190hp / 400Nm / 218Km/h / 7.6sec

218d / 2.0 4Cycl TC Diesel / 150hp / 330Nm / 205Km/h / 9.3sec

216d / 1.5 3Cycl TC Diesel / 116hp / 270Nm / 192Km/h / 11.1sec

218i / 1.5 3Cycl TC Petrol / 136hp / 220Nm / 205Km/h / 9.5sec/ 2.0 4Cycl TC

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 4

I'm not sure which chassis the Grand Tourer will be based on but as per another bro's post#7, dimensions are as follows:

Quick Spec

External Dimensions: 4,556mm (L) x 1,800 (W) x 1,608mm (H)

Drive: FWD with Transversely Front Mounted Engine

Model / Engine: 220i / 2.0 4Cycl TC Petrol / 192hp / 270Nm / 223Km/h / 7.7sec

218i / 1.5 3Cycl TC Petrol / 136hp / 220Nm / 205Km/h / 9.5sec

220d / 2.0 4Cycl TC Diesel / 190hp / 400Nm / 218Km/h / 7.6sec

218d / 2.0 4Cycl TC Diesel / 150hp / 330Nm / 205Km/h / 9.3sec

216d / 1.5 3Cycl TC Diesel / 116hp / 270Nm / 192Km/h / 11.1sec

218i / 1.5 3Cycl TC Petrol / 136hp / 220Nm / 205Km/h / 9.5sec/ 2.0 4Cycl TC

Its the same chassis but extended version....

I think wait for PML throw in M-sports then buy [laugh]

20140305_115254.jpg

• Praise 1

PML will throw in the M Sport @ the Msport price [laugh]

Its the same chassis but extended version....

I think wait for PML throw in M-sports then buy [laugh]

• Praise 1

Why? Does the car look bad?

And it is not likely you saw the Grand Tourer which is a 5+2 seater as i think it is not launched in SG yet. You probably saw its sister, the Active Tourer which is a 5 seater.

But why so bad huh?

• Praise 1

Ya think it's the Active Tourer that @hamburger saw.

Actually the overall shape looks pretty much like the X3.

Why you shake head on this model? It's the direct competitor of the B class and other than the front wheel drive, thought it was like any other BMW?

• Praise 4

well guys, does it occurs to you that it might go both ways? :grin:

i love it so much that i wanna to get one and is overwhelmingly tempted... :want:

but no, i saw the 5 seater version and along with the puny wheels, it is :omg:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1