Home fires more often now due to PMDs?

Wind30

Me too. I am just against their riders.  100% exceeding speed limit and 99% irresponsible.

PMDs can stay as long as no riders on them!

I am not against PMD but it boils to proper infra-structure.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

policy makers base decisions on statistics only. if the number of fires double then maybe bring forward another 6 months lor ...  :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

why they never think about the neighbours who suffer loss of property and are displaced due to these PMD fires ? sigh ...

The gahment moving forward 6 month nia, mean we have 50 weeks or so to live with the fire hazard from PMD. But base on statistic, it's more than 1 pmd fire per week. The means we are risking 50 over more fires for til it is implemented. Didn't LTA consider risk factors? Potential of 50 more fires with lives and property loss is acceptable to LTA? I think they have no safety officer, coz personally felt it's too much to accept.

Me too. I am just against their riders.  100% exceeding speed limit and 99% irresponsible.

There goes the argument that the reckless and inconsiderate are the minority.  [laugh]  [laugh]   Sunday Times already did a check, and found 100% are speeding on pedestrain pathway.

• Praise 1

I suspect illegal modifications.

Resulting in over-stressing of either battery or charger. Overload -> overheat -> fire.

It seems like times up
I suspect that all along these batteries were functioning properly all along
But with age and use, I don’t what changed that is causing all these fires
More and more sexplode
Maybe some engineers can tell
Last time don’t have so many one
Now is every other day
That’s is why I suspect is aging

Anyway, bonus song by firehouse :grin:
https://youtu.be/sidL7S09jsc
What is that?

This one?
http://www.galantsolutions.com/compressed-air-foam-system.php

Looks sexpensive man [crazy]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

A lithium-ion cell must never exceed 4.2V per cell.

12.6V battery is often 3 cells in series (3S) and requires 3 monitoring points to make sure each cell does not exceed 4.2V during charging.

50.4V battery (maybe used by PMD) would require 12 monitoring points.

Does these batteries have that and does the charger checks all that ?

Maybe the cheap ones (battery/charger) would scrimp on safety.

Who knows ?

and kaboom !

I am surprised by the sheer volume of postings about PMD riders exceeding their speed limits and being nearly totally irresponsible.

To those drivers out there, please look at ourselves first before we cast the first stone.

In this same forum, many can't wait to boast about their excessive speeds in NOT our own country but someone's backyard.

• Praise 3

Why should you be surprised?  100% speeding and that's not an opinion but actual checks with radar gun and reported in the newspaper.  Mainly these culprits cannot be identified/caught.

Whereas for cars, they speed, they kena speed trap/cam, run away also will still be fined.

I am surprised by the sheer volume of postings about PMD riders exceeding their speed limits and being nearly totally irresponsible.

To those drivers out there, please look at ourselves first before we cast the first stone.

In this same forum, many can't wait to boast about their excessive speeds in NOT our own country but someone's backyard.

• Praise 2

Why should you be surprised? 100% speeding and that's not an opinion but actual checks with radar gun and reported in the newspaper. Mainly these culprits cannot be identified/caught.

Whereas for cars, they speed, they kena speed trap/cam, run away also will still be fined.

I agree with you

The key difference is can identify

• Praise 2

Why are we still stuck at identification via VRN?

We are Smart Nation le

SGN also smart - full face helmet, balaclava, surgical mask, sunglasses, cap, hood!
  • Praise 1

SGN also smart - full face helmet, balaclava, surgical mask, sunglasses, cap, hood!

That’s why you need a Sony

They have eye auto focus :XD:

https://youtu.be/75dq5Uz1ZGw

So good!!!!!!!

post-25827-0-58349700-1565181691.jpeg

Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Just buy a Garden Hose,attach a Water Sprayer....cheapest option,Fire Extinguisher got Expiry Date,sometime too old cannot work.

What's the use of walking gait recognition technology to catch PMD riders? The reason they are riding a PMD is they are too lazy to walk. 

What we need is the back of the head recognition technology. Let's see the chinese can get this done.

11 Aug 8.19am

693D Woodlands Avenue 6

Discarded items outside a seventh-floor unit catch fire. Cause of the fire is under investigation.

file76m1k3kn2ex18fxlsbxf-horz.jpg?itok=V

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20190811-980073

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/discarded-items-catch-fire-outside-woodlands-avenue-6-flat

Donno smoking or pmd

Looks like corner unit

I see a bicycle there

But does look like a lot of stuff to burn until so much soot

↡ Advertisement