• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
52 replies to this topic | 475 praises

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:37 PM

Loki
  • Premium member
    Loki
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I searched but could not find a thread on A levels. My older kid just collected her A level results. Total is 71 ranks points. Any idea what are her chances of getting into a local University? Thanks

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:39 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I searched but could not find a thread on A levels. My older kid just collected her A level results. Total is 71 ranks points. Any idea what are her chances of getting into a local University? Thanks

Depends on the course?

Should have course requirement on the website?

sake praised this

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:40 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

amended the title for better clarification.

sake praised this
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

http://forum.brights...ex.php/f-7.html

Loki
  • Premium member
    Loki
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Depends on the course?
Should have course requirement on the website?

Should be easiest to get into - she wants arts and social sciences. Will check out the uni websites after work tonight

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:41 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

A level not ABCD meh, now become point system?

骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:43 PM

Loki
  • Premium member
    Loki
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

http://forum.brights...ex.php/f-7.html

Thanks!

A level not ABCD meh, now become point system?

Now the system is each A for H2 is 20 points, each A for H1 is 10 points. Max is 90 points.
Dleodleo praised this

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:08 PM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Chances are good.  What's her subject combination and preferences?  

Loki and sake praised this

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:15 PM

Loki
  • Premium member
    Loki
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Chances are good. What's her subject combination and preferences?

She did econs, history and literature for A and wants to do a degree in English.
sake praised this

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:19 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Mean rank point is 74...my nephew got above 80 happy like a butterfly.
sake praised this

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:28 PM

Carbon82

Congratulations Loki. Wah, this year is doubly stressful for you (one "O" and one "A" level).

Dleodleo, Mercs, Atrecord, Ash2017, sake and Freeder praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:29 PM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

She did econs, history and literature for A and wants to do a degree in English.

FASS (faculty of arts and social science) is possible though it does depend on cohort.  The indicative grade profile links will give you a sense of what is possible.   

http://www.nus.edu.s...e-profile-(igp)

http://admissions.nt...adeProfile.aspx

Carbon82 praised this

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:31 PM

Loki
  • Premium member
    Loki
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

FASS (faculty of arts and social science) is possible though it does depend on cohort. The indicative grade profile links will give you a sense of what is possible.

http://www.nus.edu.s...e-profile-(igp)

http://admissions.nt...adeProfile.aspx

Thanks! Very helpful.

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:32 PM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Oooh! Congratulations to your nephew.   [thumbsup]  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:37 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Oooh! Congratulations to your nephew. [thumbsup]

Thanks. He kinda lost faith after the exams...even prepared to choose other courses. Now he’s happy as his original target is intact.

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:03 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I also don't how current A level results grading.

My daughter (1st year)  told me her JC last year 1st batch results average 82.4rp. 

What is this rp point?

Sorry I from poly almost 3 decade ago  :grin:

sake praised this

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:12 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

74 is national average?

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:12 PM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I also don't how current A level results grading.

My daughter (1st year)  told me her JC last year 1st batch results average 82.4rp. 

What is this rp point?

Sorry I from poly almost 3 decade ago  :grin:

Rank Points

[:p]

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:56 PM

Loki
  • Premium member
    Loki
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Congratulations Loki. Wah, this year is doubly stressful for you (one "O" and one "A" level).

Thanks man! Thank goodness it is over. Now just wait for both to go thru uni and graduate and then I can retire and rest easy
Turboguy, Ender, Lala81 and mersaylee praised this

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:26 PM

Dleodleo
  • Premium member
    Dleodleo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thanks man! Thank goodness it is over. Now just wait for both to go thru uni and graduate and then I can retire and rest easy

Congrats! 👍
Loki, Inlinefour, Uncle2, sake and Freeder praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: a levels university, level and 1 more...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users