A level results for University Courses

Loki

Congratulations @loki. Wah, this year is doubly stressful for you (one "O" and one "A" level).

Thanks man! Thank goodness it is over. Now just wait for both to go thru uni and graduate and then I can retire and rest easy
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

I from o level see my son result also don't know what it meant.

He got 86.5. I guess should be ok bah.

I think max score is only 90? Seems quite good.

She did econs, history and literature for A and wants to do a degree in English.

Wah want to be teacher ar? Lol.
  • Praise 1

I from o level see my son result also don't know what it meant.

He got 86.5. I guess should be ok bah.

Wah, sibei hao lian.. -_-

But hor, if my son got this kind of result, I more hao lian.. hehehe..  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Well done to Hamburger junior... [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

Wah, sibei hao lian.. -_-

But hor, if my son got this kind of result, I more hao lian.. hehehe.. [:p][laugh][laugh]

Well done to Hamburger junior... [thumbsup]

Thanks for the praise bro. Guess he is anything but like me.

• Praise 1

Each H2 is 20, H1 is 10, then won't those offering 3 A level subjects (seems the norm these days) be at a disadvantage ? Compared to those taking 4 A level subjects? I assume the H1 is GP or L2 which everyone has to take.

How does the point system work in such cases? I old system one, every good student takes 4 A levels and 1 AO (GP) [laugh] Those were the days. Not enough can add 2 S-papers. Some rocket scientists took 3!!!

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 2

I have a confession.

My classmate had failed his A level multiple times until the examiner who marks his paper also frightened.

He cant get a proper job so MCF gives him a moderator job.

He keeps thinking he is doing X-ray because he feels he has the power to see through things BUT he got so little insight of himself and the company he keeps (those walk without moving their feet) are literally transparent and nothing to do with his eyes whom he thinks got superman eyes.

I don't have to tell you who he is for fear of embarrassing him.

OK OK I admit, get back to topic.

One day, I will have cai png with him but must ask his better half for permission first.

• Praise 2

Each H2 is 20, H1 is 10, then won't those offering 3 A level subjects (seems the norm these days) be at a disadvantage ? Compared to those taking 4 A level subjects? I assume the H1 is GP or L2 which everyone has to take.

How does the point system work in such cases? I old system one, every good student takes 4 A levels and 1 AO (GP) [laugh] Those were the days. Not enough can add 2 S-papers. Some rocket scientists took 3!!!

The 4th A level subject will not be given the same 20pts. The score will be moderated so that Max is still only 90 pts.
  • Praise 2

The 4th A level subject will not be given the same 20pts. The score will be moderated so that Max is still only 90 pts.

Base on 4 subjects to the maxi points of 20 each, where that 10 point comes from to make it max 90 pts ? 

CCA makes up the other 10 pts ? .... [sly]

• Praise 2

Actually it should be best of 3 A levels, 2 AO.

I got into my course, cos of my 2 AO ... If 4A and 1 AO, i would have never qualified.

Base on 4 subjects to the maxi points of 20 each, where that 10 point comes from to make it max 90 pts ?

CCA makes up the other 10 pts ? .... [sly]

Project work, which is done in J1.

So it's 3 H2 subjects, 20 pts each for total of 60.

3 H1 subjects 10 pts each. GP, project work and one H1 content subject.

Edited by Loki
  • Praise 1

She did econs, history and literature for A and wants to do a degree in English.

Try NTU English. Would be easier to get into than NUS FASS. 

• Praise 1

Try NTU English. Would be easier to get into than NUS FASS.

Thanks. She is trying for anything she can.

I searched but could not find a thread on A levels. My older kid just collected her A level results. Total is 71 ranks points. Any idea what are her chances of getting into a local University? Thanks

Social sciences or political sciences? That would be apt too
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1