BBS....RI-A Rims.

ER-3682

Hi Gurus,is 18" BBS RI-A Forged Rims good.?It is Made in Japan instead of Germany... [confused]  [:)]

Bro.. Rims is big business.

https://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/05/report-bbs-files-for-bankruptcy-yes-again/

Unfortunately, They kanna chapter 11.

I wont be too worried that its made in Japan. Just made sure the usual, TUV and JWL logo is not a replica would be what I worry.

"In Germany, BBS has filed for restructuring (Similar to the US Chapter 11) and at the same time they have a LOI with Ronal to buy the BBS plant in Herbolzheim. (Herbolzheim is the production facility for standard OEM high volume production.)

The intent of BBS is to re-focus on our core business in Schiltach; Motorsports, OES business (Ferrari, Porsche, etc... and including our US based programs with Ford, Toyota, etc.), High-end aftermarket and Technology development. (Schiltach is the BBS headquarters responsible for all engineering, development, high-end and specialty production, etc.)

BBS began life as a "Racing wheel" company (in Schiltach) over 40 years ago, several years later they began producing aftermarket wheels and a few years later they were producing "Specialty" OE wheels (OES).

BBS is just returning to its core business."

Hi Gurus,is 18" BBS RI-A Forged Rims good.?It is Made in Japan instead of Germany... [confused]  [:)]

edited

i go find the source first

Edited by Theoldjaffa

correct me if i am wrong , BBS europe and Japan are 2 separate  entity

both are manufacturing Premium Wheels, do beware some of the Spares are not interchaneable.

correct me if i am wrong , BBS europe and Japan are 2 separate entity

both are manufacturing Premium Wheels, do beware some of the Spares are not interchaneable.

Interchangeable as in what?

As long as same model same design, colour.

Same pcd ,same off set .

should not have different even if different place make.

Same bbs europe different model also cannot mix

Edited by Beregond

Interchangeable as in what?

As long as same model same design, colour.

Same pcd ,same off set .

should not have different even if different place make.

Same bbs europe different model also cannot mix

sorry for the misunderstanding.

Japanese and German BBS are 2 separate Company and as what i know some of the BBS parts like center Cap , center reducing ring etc may not be the same Specification . is just my sharing.

i sharing is to warn when you are looking for some accesories please quote the exact wheel and not just simply thought they are all the same. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1