Samsung Galaxy S10 (10e/10/10+)

Vratenza

Seem like Samsung Fold is over shadowing the S10 launch. They should have launched the fold 2-3month from the S10 launch. 

Anyone preordering the S10? Comes with dual wireless charger stand and wireless ear buds for preorders.

Wondering if I should upgrade to S10+ from my S9+.

The cool thing about it....figuratively and literally is the vapour chamber cooling system.

Optimized for gaming so you can crush your high score.

Your phone is prevented from overheating and becoming sluggish with advanced hardware like the vapor chamber cooling system, AI-based performance improvements, and a GPU optimized to ensure smooth gameplay. Plus, the long-lasting battery means you can worry less about power mid-game.12

*Image simulated for illustration purposes.

*Vapor chamber cooling system only available on Galaxy S10+. Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10e have an advanced heatpipe cooling system.

I have used my S9+ as my main shooter recently for a whole day out at Angkor Wat on a blumming hot day. After a while, the phone over heated and can no longer shoot any pictures. Had to let it cool down before I can do any more shooting. 

Otherwise S9+ is fast, takes decently nice pics. With the new PIE firmware upgrade.. The scene colour correction function bumps up the photos taken quite notch. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

All right.

It's a Sunday. 

Let's stop all these meaningless words that do nothing but flare angers.

The new phone is coming to Singapore.

Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10+ available in Singapore in March; Galaxy Fold coming in Q2 2019

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/technology/samsung-galaxy-s10-galaxy-fold-available-in-singapore-prices-11274916

SINGAPORE: Samsung’s latest smartphones, the Galaxy S10 and S10+, will hit Singapore stores on Mar 8, the company announced on Thursday (Feb 21).

Prices for the device start at S$1,078 for the Galaxy S10e. The most expensive model on offer, the 1TB-capacity Galaxy S10+, will retail for S$2,198.

samsung-galaxy-price-table.jpg

The Galaxy S10e, S10 and S10+ (128GB) will be available in three colours – Prism White, Prism Black and Prism Green. The higher capacity S10+ models (512GB and 1TB) only comes in Ceramic White and Ceramic Black.

galaxy-s10--vs-mate-20-pro-vs-pixel-3-xl

Pre-orders for the new phones will begin on Friday at 12pm, Samsung said in a press release. Customers can place their pre-orders at telecom operators, Samsung's online store, Samsung Experience Stores or Galaxy Studio, Lazada Singapore and selected electronic and IT stores.

Pre-ordered devices may be collected from Mar 5, it added.

Edited by DACH

Seem like Samsung Fold is over shadowing the S10 launch. They should have launched the fold 2-3month from the S10 launch. 

Anyone preordering the S10? Comes with dual wireless charger stand and wireless ear buds for preorders.

The cool thing about it....figuratively and literally is the vapour chamber cooling system.

I have used my S9+ as my main shooter recently for a whole day out at Angkor Wat on a blumming hot day. After a while, the phone over heated and can no longer shoot any pictures. Had to let it cool down before I can do any more shooting. 

Otherwise S9+ is fast, takes decently nice pics. With the new PIE firmware upgrade.. The scene colour correction function bumps up the photos taken quite notch. 

If your S9+ keeps on over heating, then better change to the new S10.

After the Note 7 incident, better safe than sorry. 

All right.

It's a Sunday.

Let's stop all these meaningless words that do nothing but flare angers.

The new phone is coming to Singapore.

Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10+ available in Singapore in March; Galaxy Fold coming in Q2 2019

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/technology/samsung-galaxy-s10-galaxy-fold-available-in-singapore-prices-11274916

SINGAPORE: Samsungâs latest smartphones, the Galaxy S10 and S10+, will hit Singapore stores on Mar 8, the company announced on Thursday (Feb 21).

Prices for the device start at S$1,078 for the Galaxy S10e. The most expensive model on offer, the 1TB-capacity Galaxy S10+, will retail for S$2,198.

samsung-galaxy-price-table.jpg

The Galaxy S10e, S10 and S10+ (128GB) will be available in three colours â Prism White, Prism Black and Prism Green. The higher capacity S10+ models (512GB and 1TB) only comes in Ceramic White and Ceramic Black.

galaxy-s10--vs-mate-20-pro-vs-pixel-3-xl

Pre-orders for the new phones will begin on Friday at 12pm, Samsung said in a press release. Customers can place their pre-orders at telecom operators, Samsung's online store, Samsung Experience Stores or Galaxy Studio, Lazada Singapore and selected electronic and IT stores.

Pre-ordered devices may be collected from Mar 5, it added.

Meaningless words ??

As I said , then stop

Posting! You dun realize you are the source

Anyway @vratenza come grp buy hahahah

This would be a more plausible option cf the fold

• Praise 3

I am caught in between on the 7nm Kirin Huawei Mate20 pro with a more superior Leica lens, the Samsung S10 (not S10+) with a better OLED screen then Huawei and a iPhone XMax 64gb with a lesser specs but easy on the whole ownership eco system.

Price wise, with freebies, looks like Samsung S10 is a great product.

Warranty wise of 2 years for huawei will mean that when time to recontract, I maybe getting a refurbished unit if the unit dies on me and selling on carousel to reduce my next phone .

I am caught in between on the 7nm Kirin Huawei Mate20 pro with a more superior Leica lens, the Samsung S10 (not S10+) with a better OLED screen then Huawei and a iPhone XMax 64gb with a lesser specs but easy on the whole ownership eco system.

Warranty wise of 2 years for huawei will mean that when time to recontract, I maybe getting a refurbished unit if the unit dies on me and selling on carousel to reduce my next phone .

Buy al la hahhahah

Fold is out for me now

So ya mate20pro and s10+

Warranty wise of 2 years for huawei will mean that when time to recontract, I maybe getting a refurbished unit if the unit dies on me and selling on carousel to reduce my next phone .

Android wise, Samsung brand has been proven although innovation has been lacking these few years other than the Galaxy Fold.

So it boils down to either S10 or iPhone XS Max. 

But if you are always been an Android user, best to stick to Samsung.

Else switch to iPhone like me since I am tired of using Android.  [laugh]

Android wise, Samsung brand has been proven although innovation has been lacking these few years other than the Galaxy Fold.

So it boils down to either S10 or iPhone XS Max. 

But if you are always been an Android user, best to stick to Samsung.

Else switch to iPhone like me since I am tired of using Android.  [laugh]

Problem with this is the XR is a crap product with marketing hype of iphone 4 retro it to todays size.

And getting iPhone (XR, 8max) is like buying an infinity or rather a very expensive Nissan.

I was on the last Xperia 5P so yeah, while the camera was great on holiday, the batt started to budge out and died on me.

Still wondering if its worth the effort to repair the xperia. After all, its IP67.

In a nutshell, why would I want to buy another phone?

well, my contract is up on march 8 , so it sort of coincide with the launch as well as my iphone 6 has a crack screen. So maybe time to retire it 

• Praise 1

Problem with this is the XR is a crap product with marketing hype of iphone 4 retro it to todays size.

And getting iPhone (XR, 8max) is like buying an infinity or rather a very expensive Nissan.

I was on the last Xperia 5P so yeah, while the camera was great on holiday, the batt started to budge out and died on me.

Still wondering if its worth the effort to repair the xperia. After all, its IP67.

In a nutshell, why would I want to buy another phone?

well, my contract is up on march 8 , so it sort of coincide with the launch as well as my iphone 6 has a crack screen. So maybe time to retire it 

I have changed the battery of the Xperia Z5P in Sim Lim Sq in 2017. While the Xperia Z5P is a great phone, I can't update to the newer Android OS anymore and it is dying on me (frequent shut downs, slowing operations, hang, etc), so I have changed to the iPhone XS Max last Dec.

SONY makes great phones but seems that SONY Singapore and local telcos are doing it a dis-service. They didn't bring in the new ZX3. And actually I am quite tempted with the new ZX4, but I have doubts whether it will be brought in to Singapore. 

Have you considered the XS instead of the XR, since XR is below your expectations?

I have changed the battery of the Xperia Z5P in Sim Lim Sq in 2017. While the Xperia Z5P is a great phone, I can't update to the newer Android OS anymore and it is dying on me (frequent shut downs, slowing operations, hang, etc), so I have changed to the iPhone XS Max last Dec.

SONY makes great phones but seems that SONY Singapore and local telcos are doing it a dis-service. They didn't bring in the new ZX3. And actually I am quite tempted with the new ZX4, but I have doubts whether it will be brought in to Singapore. 

Have you considered the XS instead of the XR, since XR is below your expectations?

when I do a table top comparison and price, I sort of rule out the Xs Max.64gb @ 980

Looks great. Should be fast as well, just dont like the price vs a better Mate20pro at 468 plus free wireless pad.

if the prices comes down to 500 for Xs Max, I would get it. 

Else like I mention, its just a very expensive nissan.

XR is like the new Merc A class A200. 1.4T from a Renault. The MBUX is great. But does not do its job well on the move with ambient white noise.

• Praise 1

when I do a table top comparison and price, I sort of rule out the Xs Max.64gb @ 980

Looks great. Should be fast as well, just dont like the price vs a better Mate20pro at 468 plus free wireless pad.

if the prices comes down to 500 for Xs Max, I would get it. 

Else like I mention, its just a very expensive nissan.

XR is like the new Merc A class A200. 1.4T from a Renault. The MBUX is great. But does not do its job well on the move with ambient white noise.

Not mentioning the XS Max, the XS is out of your choice as well?

If so, then the S10 might be your choice.

I'm still very happy with my S9+. I don't do massive shooting with it, never had problems with overheating. Will be happy with this phone for another 1+ year easily. 

But currently now I'm more excited by what Xiaomi/Oneplus can offer for cheaper. The Mi 9 looks awesome for something that could be maybe 200 dollars cheaper. 

I guess it's a combination of being under the blazing hot sun, super bright condition, the screen auto adjust to maximum brightness for viewability and multiple shots happening close to each other. When I was using the S9+ in Japan end last year, It did not have the heat issue shut down at all.

Oh, so you are using S9+ too. Share with you a tip I just discovered after almost a year of ownership:

you can remap the bixby button by installing a free 3rd party app. I know S10, samsung is allowing the button to be remapped organically.

the app is called bxActions.

I never use bixby at all and it is more of a nuisance than being productive for me. waste of the dedicated button. Now I map my SoundHound "listen" function (another 3rd party app) to the button. When I hear a song over the radio that i like but have no idea what is the name, I will press that button and it will show me the name and  singer from it's library

I'm still very happy with my S9+. I don't do massive shooting with it, never had problems with overheating. Will be happy with this phone for another 1+ year easily. 

But currently now I'm more excited by what Xiaomi/Oneplus can offer for cheaper. The Mi 9 looks awesome for something that could be maybe 200 dollars cheaper. 

• Praise 2

I guess it's a combination of being under the blazing hot sun, super bright condition, the screen auto adjust to maximum brightness for viewability and multiple shots happening close to each other. When I was using the S9+ in Japan end last year, It did not have the heat issue shut down at all.

Oh, so you are using S9+ too. Share with you a tip I just discovered after almost a year of ownership:

you can remap the bixby button by installing a free 3rd party app. I know S10, samsung is allowing the button to be remapped organically.

the app is called bxActions.

I never use bixby at all and it is more of a nuisance than being productive for me. waste of the dedicated button. Now I map my SoundHound "listen" function (another 3rd party app) to the button. When I hear a song over the radio that i like but have no idea what is the name, I will press that button and it will show me the name and  singer from it's library

Thanks man. I press the stupid button at least few times a day when watching youtube videos on my bed.

[laugh]

so the entry level S10 foldable phone only start with $1,078.00, not $3k? that is a reasonable price? I think price is not an issue if those who do not mind just with some lower configuration.  

Then the only question left is weight and thickness. 

so the entry level S10 foldable phone only start with $1,078.00, not $3k? that is a reasonable price? I think price is not an issue if those who do not mind just with some lower configuration.  

Then the only question left is weight and thickness. 

Only fold ur S10 when u r feeling very rich  [:p] ..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1