• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic | 142 praises

Posted 24 February 2019 - 09:34 PM

Scion
  • Scion
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hygge
/ˈh(j)uːɡə,ˈhʊɡə/

noun

a quality of cosiness and comfortable conviviality that engenders a feeling of contentment or well-being (regarded as a defining characteristic of Danish culture).

basically, it means relaxation or cosiness, whether alone or with family, loved ones or group of good friends

all these can be associated with hygge - soft pillows, jazz or some soothing music, hot chocolate, sipping coffee, comfort food, fireplace, books, etc etc (no wonder Denmark always rank high in happiness :D)

in Singapore context, lying comfortably in the couch with a beer watching football at midnight can be considered hygge too? :D

Posted 24 February 2019 - 09:50 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

There is no such thing as hygge in Singapore.

We cant afford such culture.
Not in terms of money nor time nor attitude.
Targetting to truly retire by 2028
Give away my CPF
Travel the world and smoke those Cubans!

Posted 24 February 2019 - 09:56 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For some of us, the closest I think is stay at home and nuah. A state of extreme inertia.

Edited by Ender, 24 February 2019 - 09:57 PM.

Staff69 praised this
You don’t stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running.

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:08 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Denmark best butter, best bacon, best butter cookies and best beer probably.

:D

223867.jpg

0.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Screen-Shot-2017-04-24-at-16.25.52.png

Pohhenry praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:11 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Give me a beer and bacon sandwich and 

I will be hyppy too!

a6b72c758ab733f7a28597f99c43997c.jpg

Angcheek praised this

that pollute the earth

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:34 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

fireplace in Singapore?
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:04 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Lepak. [:p]

BanCoe and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:08 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Have enough time to have enough sleep.

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:30 AM

BanCoe
  • BanCoe
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Meet Ups ??

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:00 AM

Scion
  • Scion
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

There is no such thing as hygge in Singapore.

We cant afford such culture.
Not in terms of money nor time nor attitude.

can lah... if got money, sipping red wine at a penthouse admiring the night scenery of the city area also considered hygge :D

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:19 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Lie down on the sofa watch movie makan dinner piak piak :grin:
SiLangKia, Weez911 and Freeder praised this

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:01 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

AMDL

1 Anonymous member praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:20 AM

Weez911
  • Premium member
    Weez911
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Going to Hokkaido to eat nice sushi, shabu, ramen, and ski with love ones by my side is my version of hygge. [laugh]

Freeder praised this

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:25 AM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

wah.... you all sibeh rich

i peasant sit in kopitiam sip kopi in singlet slippers and shorts, 1 leg on the chair and dig nose

wait for beer xmm call me 嗨哥

😬😅
Scion praised this

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:34 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

singapore weather move a bit perspire like shower how to feel cozy? 

want to hug hug touch touch feel sticky sticky also no mood liao. 

骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:36 AM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

To me hygge is the state of mind at that moment...any moment.

No lolec, just relac.

Attached Thumbnails

• B19FC712-4068-48A4-8F32-B36E8863EF4E.jpeg
  • EB02DBFA-4D7F-44EA-A45E-257E570EA2B7.jpeg
  • 2942F54D-C4D4-492D-BEF9-3655FBB32BC3.jpeg
  • 36DD73CC-EE30-4093-BF21-EEA1C4A668AA.jpeg

Weez911, Lala81, SiLangKia, Scion and Ash2017 praised this

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:28 AM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

睡觉睡到之然醒。
再睡。

😂
Ash2017 praised this

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:40 AM

Sosaria
  • Sosaria
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Sure we have "hygge" here, we just need to stop a while and appreciate it.

Waking up early on Saturday morning to do my own thing, precious time to spend on myself, at a time when rest of family still snoozing away, no interrupting me [laugh]

Taking leave on weekdays to do my own thing, without informing anyone, so nobody interrupts me, and being a weekday, no crowds no queues no jams!

And long long ago, when there was still five-and-half day working week, coming to work on a Saturday morning was actually quite "hygge" feeling. Still young and single at that time, unburdened by family demands, enjoying after-work lunch with similar-age and status close colleagues and planning what to do with the remaining weekend.

I don't know how true it is for the Danes, but many of the things they associate with "hygge", i.e. cosy conviviality, enjoying time together with others, is being eroded by the ever-present smartphones. Everyone's staring and interacting with their smartphones nowadays most of the time.

Edited by Sosaria, 25 February 2019 - 10:42 AM.

SiLangKia, Lala81 and Ash2017 praised this

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:01 AM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I disagree smartphones make people more distant.

I now talk to people I know who have left the country everyday.

Smart phones bring people closer.

Ash2017 praised this

that pollute the earth

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:12 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Going to Hokkaido to eat nice sushi, shabu, ramen, and ski with love ones by my side is my version of hygge. [laugh]

You the sibei high SES mah, can lah.
Go Hokkaido and Niseki like machiam take bus

We eat ramen from Yoshinoya already luxury.
Hokkaido, we can only go DonQuiote to smell.....
Targetting to truly retire by 2028
Give away my CPF
Travel the world and smoke those Cubans!

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: hygge, lifestyle, cosiness, relax and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users