Need tyre recommendation for toyota camry

darkwish

its a 2011 toyota camry currently on Michelin Energy XM2. 215/60R16 95H. need to change all 4 tyres since its been like 4 years already. not sure what tyres to change to so just here to get some recommendations.

Thanks! 

↡ Advertisement

its a 2011 toyota camry currently on Michelin Energy XM2. 215/60R16 95H. need to change all 4 tyres since its been like 4 years already. not sure what tyres to change to so just here to get some recommendations.

Thanks! 

Yokohama BluEarth RV-02,

quiet, fuel saving, wet grip

Edited by MQX87511

For me I will still stick to Michelin range of tires. Although they cost more dan most brands but they also can last longer dan most brands. Performance wise they are up to expectations. Noise wise when it's worn it's not noisy. Of course noise levels when worn largely depend on the tire pressure. If you have tpms your tire pressure is consistent throughout your tires will stay quiet. Noise usually is also an indication of uneven wear. A lot of factors to consider.

For me I look at the tire grooves. Those with fine grooves are usually quiet tires but it also depends on your car's sound insulation. Wet tires have larger grooves so that the grooves can move more water at a faster rate so that tire and tarmac have a better surface contact. Therefore fine grooves tires may not perform as well as wet tires in the wet but they do better in dry conditions. An all rounder will have a combination but it may not be quiet. For tires they are like that you have some kinda compromise. No perfect tires. So when ppl say wet performance and quiet at the same time it doesn't make sense.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

For me I will still stick to Michelin range of tires. Although they cost more dan most brands but they also can last longer dan most brands. Performance wise they are up to expectations. Noise wise when it's worn it's not noisy.

For me I look at the tire grooves. Those with fine grooves are usually quiet tires but it also depends on your car's sound insulation. Wet tires have larger grooves so that the grooves can move water so that tire and tarmac have a better contact. Therefore fine grooves tires may not perform as well as wet tires in the wet but they do better in dry conditions. An all rounder will have a combination but it may not be quiet. For tires they are like that you have to some kinda compromise. No perfect tires. So when ppl say wet performance and quiet at the same time it doesn't make sense.

Agreed with Michelin tyre on the comfort and grip. Continue with Michelin.

However there is one down side. Very soft sidewall so be careful not to scratch too often against the kerb.

Just bear in mind some of the info on tires.

Dry performance tires usually give better fuel economy and speed performance. Plus most are quiet. But in wet conditions it's better you drive slow.

Wet performance tires give poorer fuel economy on dry conditions and it also slows your speed. Pplus they are usually more noisy cos of the larger grooves. Its only pro is better performance in wet conditions.

So dont be fooled by the tire dealer when buying tires or the BS they dish out to you. If they dont have what you are looking for move on to other dealers.

Thanks!

I'm quite happy with my Goodyear f1 asymmetric 3. Good grip in wet for my driving, brakes fine, quiet, reducing rolling resistance compared to my stock 17" Michelin.

Not sure if it's available in your dimensions.

yea my current tires have quite some scratches already albeit being 4 years. havent really tried other tires before either so dont really know the feel of other tyres. but i might just stick with the michelin cause so far find online not alot of tyres with the dimensions. will be calling up shops tomorrow to check. appreciate the replies thanks alot!

I drive a Toyota Camry Hybrid 2016. Before I change the originals, the handling was not good. Noisy and not comfortable. My tyre guys introduced CC6 to me. I really hesitated at first but why not give a try - 4 new set.

Three weeks later when I drove to my holiday hill resort - 300 km. Unknowingly I felt the drive was so refreshing and comfortable when I reach my destination. Only during dinner I realized that the tyres were so dependable and comfortable.

Everyone must try - no harm done !

Thanks! 

really depends on what u want: grip, long lasting, quiet, shorter braking distance....

some of the tyres i can think of,

BS turanza T005 (quiet)

Goodyear f1a3 (grip)

Michellin Primacy (quiet)

Michellin ps4 (grip)

yokohama blueearth (long lasting)

really depends on what u want: grip, long lasting, quiet, shorter braking distance....

some of the tyres i can think of,

BS turanza T005 (quiet)

Goodyear f1a3 (grip)

Michellin Primacy (quiet)

Michellin ps4 (grip)

yokohama blueearth (long lasting)

f1a3 dun have his size.

ps4 also out

if buy yokohama for a premium seldan like camry,  i would recommend 551 for premium comfort and low noise

bridgestone should be t005A now instead.

and not to mention dunlop latest ve303

Edited by Beregond

size 215 60 /16 mostly use for comfort drive, is not practical for tire manufacturers to design performance tire.

in the market here if i can recall correctly there are few of 10 typre here

MIcheline is always 1 of my list , to me you pay what you get, and tires are the only 4 contacts between you(+ passenger) and Road,

further more you will know the Qualities and Safety important when you are in critical situations.

1 thing to take note buy the NEEDS not Wants is the Best.

Installed 4 215-55-17 continental uc6 for my camry at Klang Malaysia yesterday, the cost is RM1,260.00 cheap cheap.

Pm me if u want the address
Regards

this is a Good tire , correct me if I am wrong , this tire made in Malaysia ?

size 215 60 /16 mostly use for comfort drive, is not practical for tire manufacturers to design performance tire.

in the market here if i can recall correctly there are few of 10 typre here

MIcheline is always 1 of my list , to me you pay what you get, and tires are the only 4 contacts between you(+ passenger) and Road,

further more you will know the Qualities and Safety important when you are in critical situations.

1 thing to take note buy the NEEDS not Wants is the Best.

this is a Good tire , correct me if I am wrong , this tire made in Malaysia ?

Yes, it’s made in Malaysia and its very comfortable.

At first, I went to tire shop in Batu Pahat, and they charged me RM 400.00 for each tire.

Next day, when I visited Klang, I was introduced by a local that one shop gives very good price for all tires. Klang charge only RM315.00 for each, and alignment for 4 wheels only RM32.00.

Edited by Pureland107

I want to change to 235/45/18 ps4, or eagle f1 a3. But a few shops said no such size. Weird, coz i can see these offering in official SG website.

I want to change to 235/45/18 ps4, or eagle f1 a3. But a few shops said no such size. Weird, coz i can see these offering in official SG website.

may be the shop you went to meaning they do not have such size , 

anyway the 235/45/18 is not very common , but i am sure you should able to find them in the market.

Regards the Sg website or any Official Website , some are not updated , or typo or not avialable in our Shore .

U can try 245/40/18 or 235/40/18. These 2 are more common. And your car should be able to use

Supercharged

may be the shop you went to meaning they do not have such size , 

anyway the 235/45/18 is not very common , but i am sure you should able to find them in the market.

Regards the Sg website or any Official Website , some are not updated , or typo or not avialable in our Shore .

Should be getting common soon, 

new Lexus ES, Toyota Camry, VW Passat, Skoda Superb all use this exact size.

↡ Advertisement