COE Bidding – 1st Round of March 2019

Carbon82

(edited)

Normal taxis generally safer as a rider I think, because there is a hotline you can complain to.

But in saying that I'm not a fan of taxi drivers as a fellow motorist. Always like to bully other drivers: indicate to go into lane and they speed up to not let you in, or flash lights at you as though they have right of way. Or if indicating to change lanes they actively prevent you from entering as though I'm going to make them 60min late.

My wife's father used to drive a cab and so she was sympathetic to cab drivers as it's hard work and pay not amazing. Always used to give extra tip. But now after driving on same road as cabbies, she generally hates them because try to bully her, think they own the road etc.

Don't understand SG drivers sometimes. Everyone driving $100k plus cars, would think they are super careful and courteous as don't want to damage car. Yet SG has some of the least courteous and aggressive drivers in the developed world. Very much the mentality of: I can afford $100k+ car, so I deserve to do whatever I want.

In Europe or Japan, people actually are courteous drivers. They will actually share the road and respect others using the road.

I really hope these new laws the government is introducing to curb dangerous driving are enforced. We need safer roads for everyone.

I view differently. Typically those who hog the road are that think they own the road are those cheaper cars like coe cars, commercial vehicles. When come to beat the redlight, they are also the champion. They can be infront of u but not the other way round, even the redlight.

I wonder could it be Probably due to their inferior complexity.

Edited by Lotr8445r
↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

Supersonic

I find nowadays many bad and selfish drivers on the road, whether they are taxis, PHV, private cars or commercial vehicles.

• Praise 1

I find nowadays many bad and selfish drivers on the road, whether they are taxis, PHV, private cars or commercial vehicles.

Here are what I observed:

1. In Singapore, when I wanted to change lane, I turned on turn signal but no Singaporean car allowed me to change lane. I had to step on the brake to slowdown my car and waited for a few cars behind me to pass by, I had to press horn to make lousy noise to inform all cars around me that I was waiting to change lane. He he. If I did not press horn, no car would allow me to change lane and I would miss my turn.

2. In JB, when I wanted to change lane, I turned on turn signal and Malaysian car behind me slowdown immediately to assist me change lane smoothly. I did not need to press horn to make lousy noise. After I completed changing lane, I thank the car behind me by press my signal 2 times.

Even though Singaporeans did not allow me changing lane, I would not blame them. I understand if we grew up in selfish environment, we will become selfish. He he.

When I was queuing up at Woodlands checkpoint, I allowed a lot of Singaporean cars change lane, cut queue in front of my car but my wife scolded me: "You are so stupid". He he. I replied her: "Just another one more car only"

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

1. In Singapore, when I wanted to change lane, I turned on turn signal but no Singaporean car allowed me to change lane. I had to step on the brake to slowdown my car and waited for a few cars behind me to pass by, I had to press horn to make lousy noise to inform all cars around me that I was waiting to change lane. He he. If I did not press horn, no car would allow me to change lane and I would miss my turn.

2. In JB, when I wanted to change lane, I turned on turn signal and Malaysian car behind me slowdown immediately to assist me change lane smoothly. I did not need to press horn to make lousy noise. After I completed changing lane, I thank the car behind me by press my signal 2 times.

Even though Singaporeans did not allow me changing lane, I would not blame them. I understand if we grew up in selfish environment, we will become selfish. He he.

When I was queuing up at Woodlands checkpoint, I allowed a lot of Singaporean cars change lane, cut queue in front of my car but my wife scolded me: "You are so stupid". He he. I replied her: "Just another one more car only"

Singaporean use the Indicator stalk correctly! They just indicate they changing lane and Not Requesting to change lane. So their mentality is i ON signal mean i will change! Never a request!

Supersonic

Quite true, many drivers in sg indeed selfish and ego very big, they do not assist or allow other drivers to change lane de. I dont know if these drivers are sporean or foreigners la. This is why driving in sg is getting more and more stress. 

Singaporean use the Indicator stalk correctly! They just indicate they changing lane and Not Requesting to change lane. So their mentality is i ON signal mean i will change! Never a request!

Usually if driver signal, I will give way.

(1) The problem is driver dun signal and last minute turn it on expecting people to give way as if it is their god given right, then I dun give way. Sometimes causing to jam brake could result in chain collision behind.

(2) Second are the queue cutters. In the first place, these people dun respect drivers in the queue so why should they be entitled? Dun want to queue, then take the next turn, be fair to all the drivers who queue behind. Of course, there are genuine people that miss the turn and raise their hand in apologies when cutting in and I still respect that.

Not so straight-forward because graciousness is being exploited at the cost of others.

Nothing to be sian about . Just let then price it the way they like. 

If consumers dun buy, prices will come down automatically

a lot of AD raise prices by 2-3 k today

sian

Turbocharged

Ok just renewed my COE 2 mins ago. Only $33,018. No GST. Gahmen so considerate I almost cried. 

33k for 10 years cheap already, i renewed 4 years place back at $32k for only 5 years. 

Thank you for contributing to nation building!

[laugh]

Ok just renewed my COE 2 mins ago. Only $33,018. No GST. Gahmen so considerate I almost cried. 

• Praise 1

33k for 10 years cheap already, i renewed 4 years place back at $32k for only 5 years. 

my current ride COE 70K,

7K/yr on COE alone

But after me, it rose to 90K, then slowly down to 32K, those at peak very pain.

Ouch

there goes one less coe for next quota... many people r taking advantage of low coe to renew their rides. Gov will collect less money, maybe they w incr the erp rates to compensate?

there goes one less coe for next quota... many people r taking advantage of low coe to renew their rides. Gov will collect less money, maybe they w incr the erp rates to compensate?

I don't think so. The cost and number of COE is the same for new cars or renewals. So as far as COE revenue is concern renewals have no impact. They might lose revenue on VES though because my engine is 10 years old and I'm sure it produces enough CO2 to easily qualify for a $20K tax.

At the present rate of Cat B coe increase, wondering if the Cat B/open Cat E be reaching the $50~60K levels by year end.

Pretty cautiously pessimistic if you are looking for vehicles for this segment.

[drivingcar]  [crazy]

Still far far away ........... dont worry it wont go sky high with GE coming . 

:XD:

• Praise 1

Yes ... I think we have until maybe September then better be prepared to see it rocket!  [;)]

hmm, hard to say. Think GE strategy is to please the mass, which is middle income and below. The high income grp alr got low tax and very happy. High coe wont make a dent on their decision making to buy car even if coe reach $100k

Yes ... I think we have until maybe September then better be prepared to see it rocket! [;)]

My sentiments exactly. Get in and secure your COE now.. haha.
↡ Advertisement