• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 03 March 2019 - 12:37 PM

Jitie
  • Premium member
    Jitie
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi bros,

My current stock set up comprises a locally fitted WinCE headunit and stock component speakers at all 4 doors - the sound quality is really sub-par and I'm looking to upgrade. With a budget of around $1k, would you guys advise to change to a better HU like Z7250BT/Halo9, etc. (my car doesn't have the usual DIN slots) or change the front set of speakers and add an under-seat sub-woofer?

Thanks in advance!

Posted 03 March 2019 - 01:12 PM

Justdaniel
  • Premium member
    Justdaniel
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

What car are you driving? Most cars sound insulation is lousy. Do sound insulation first and decide what to upgrade. Road noise from lousy road condition overwhelmed your sound system.

Posted 03 March 2019 - 01:50 PM

Jitie
  • Premium member
    Jitie
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

What car are you driving? Most cars sound insulation is lousy. Do sound insulation first and decide what to upgrade. Road noise from lousy road condition overwhelmed your sound system.

2018 hyundai i30. the current road noise situation isn't too bad IMO so just wondering so i do HU upgrade or front speakers + subwoofer hehe

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:42 AM

giraffey99
  • Premium member
    giraffey99
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

2018 hyundai i30. the current road noise situation isn't too bad IMO so just wondering so i do HU upgrade or front speakers + subwoofer hehe

Soundproofing is not just to reduce road/external noise. It is also to provide a more acoustic environment for the speakers (becomes more important when you spend on more expensive sound systems).

Based on your budget, just do an upgrade to either your HU or speakers first. :)

Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:06 AM

Jitie
  • Premium member
    Jitie
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Soundproofing is not just to reduce road/external noise. It is also to provide a more acoustic environment for the speakers (becomes more important when you spend on more expensive sound systems).

Based on your budget, just do an upgrade to either your HU or speakers first. :)

Thanks bro, planning to take the plunge on a new HU next week  :XD:

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Aestmod Auto LLP

Aestmod Auto LLP  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by richard_crl032  |  6th Gear

Audiophiles rejoice !!

Finally after 1 year plus of using hard-to-get and expensive russian Android headunit with digital output to my external processor, I chanced upon Aestmod P900SD lsimilarly with digital output which even many branded car HUs like alpine, pioneer etc. Removed except for isolated high end model.

Several positives on the P900SD tha... » Read More

Aestmod Auto LLP

Aestmod Auto LLP  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by yishunite  |  5th Gear

Installed 9" Android HU on my Kia Cerato. Super service with very knowledgeable boss who is willing to discuss and even test out various options with me. Best is his after sales service and continuous support which I think is the most important factor for those deciding whether to try ownself installation or cheap China units. » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Audio System - In Car Entertainment

Quick Reply

Tags: hyundai, hyundaiice, stock, first and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users