First ICE upgrade to stock car

Jitie

Hi bros,

My current stock set up comprises a locally fitted WinCE headunit and stock component speakers at all 4 doors - the sound quality is really sub-par and I'm looking to upgrade. With a budget of around $1k, would you guys advise to change to a better HU like Z7250BT/Halo9, etc. (my car doesn't have the usual DIN slots) or change the front set of speakers and add an under-seat sub-woofer?

Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement

What car are you driving? Most cars sound insulation is lousy. Do sound insulation first and decide what to upgrade. Road noise from lousy road condition overwhelmed your sound system.

What car are you driving? Most cars sound insulation is lousy. Do sound insulation first and decide what to upgrade. Road noise from lousy road condition overwhelmed your sound system.

2018 hyundai i30. the current road noise situation isn't too bad IMO so just wondering so i do HU upgrade or front speakers + subwoofer hehe

2018 hyundai i30. the current road noise situation isn't too bad IMO so just wondering so i do HU upgrade or front speakers + subwoofer hehe

Soundproofing is not just to reduce road/external noise. It is also to provide a more acoustic environment for the speakers (becomes more important when you spend on more expensive sound systems).

Based on your budget, just do an upgrade to either your HU or speakers first. :)

Soundproofing is not just to reduce road/external noise. It is also to provide a more acoustic environment for the speakers (becomes more important when you spend on more expensive sound systems).

Based on your budget, just do an upgrade to either your HU or speakers first. :)

Thanks bro, planning to take the plunge on a new HU next week  :XD:

↡ Advertisement