• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
40 replies to this topic | 135 praises

Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:53 PM

clarkkent
  • Premium member
    clarkkent
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I am looking at cars put up by direct sellers at sgcarmart.

I am willingly to offer 10k above the dereg value for a2 to 3 years old car

Is this consider fair value? If not, what is the typical value for such cars?

Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:55 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Depends on which car and omv?

If Ferrari it's poor value.

If it's attrage it's super good value

Edited by Friendstar, 03 March 2019 - 10:55 PM.

Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:01 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My friend just sold his 1 year old shuttle hybrid to a dealer for 71k. That is about 30k to 40k above paper value.

Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:06 PM

clarkkent
  • Premium member
    clarkkent
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I am looking at japanese cars such as mazda 6, nissan xtrail etc...

I am wondering how much will a dealer offer? Is there a methodology or formula used by a dealer? I just have to offer slighly more to the direct seller to close the deal?

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:07 AM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I am wondering how much will a dealer offer? Is there a methodology or formula used by a dealer? I just have to offer slighly more to the direct seller to close the deal?

U cam do some work and wait for someone to bite. But sometimes buyers are dealers haha

My friend just sold his 1 year old shuttle hybrid to a dealer for 71k. That is about 30k to 40k above paper value.

1yr old car coe 30+ only bro! TS Case his coe likely at least 50k

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:32 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dealer normally offer 10-15k below market price, u offer in between, dont offer 10k plus paper unless car almost scrap

Go see quotz to see how much dealer offer for those car models
clarkkent praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:02 AM

clarkkent
  • Premium member
    clarkkent
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Saw on Quotz for 3 years old mazda 6. Dealer offering only 3k above papet.

https://www.quotz.co...tails?AID=24809
Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 04 March 2019 - 07:52 AM

Lotr8445r
  • Lotr8445r
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I can offer 3k above scrap value for a 5 yrs old car. That is like spending 3k can use the car for 5 yrs? Do u think seller will sell me?

If u look at current promotion sites, many AD post good trade in offer for car. I saw some seller post manage to trade in their ride at depreciation value. Seem like is seller market now

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:24 AM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

1yr old car coe 30+ only bro! TS Case his coe likely at least 50k

Thanks. I have overlooked that aspect.

Edited by Ct3833, 04 March 2019 - 08:32 AM.

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:34 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

in between the price you would have to pay a used car dealer for their "insane" profit for listing the car used by doctor/lawyer/rich taitai go spa [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know, 04 March 2019 - 08:37 AM.

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:51 AM

Lotr8445r
  • Lotr8445r
    5th Gear
    Author Image

In my opinion, to consider as reasonable offer is at minmium 50% of depreciation value between diect buyer & seller.

Posted 04 March 2019 - 09:07 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Offer market rate then let buyer bargain.

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:18 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

For the avoidance of doubt, TS is looking to BUY a car and is trying to estimate fair value by way of current parf plus some top up.

Somehow some posts seem to suggest that TS is selling.
Spring praised this

Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:49 PM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

There is a way to buy and sell cars. Nobody wants to deal with a "pussy" buyer or seller. We want to deal with steady chaps. Seller buyers want fast, convenience and hassle free?? So wat is u can offer me $2k or $5k more but give so many excuses, dad overseas, at home cow sick need settle vet bills etc.

More often den not, a lower price sure got some conditions, nowadays direct seller sell u, they are waiting for new car waiting for COE means u buy their car also need to wait that's why cheaper. They hand over only when their new car ready. No free lunch in this world. Inconvenience means cheaper price lor

My fren just bought my another fren used VW golf! wait 1 month after confirm cos golf fren buy new car need to wait for new car LOLLLLLLL
Wt_know praised this

Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:51 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

plenty of "pussy" buyers must check with wife, brother, sister, uncle, auntie and of course MCF ... is this a good deal?

after 360-degree check ... at the end ... no buy ... because cold feet [laugh]

that's why i always trade in to dealer to manage the "pussy" buyers

There is a way to buy and sell cars. Nobody wants to deal with a "pussy" buyer or seller. We want to deal with steady chaps. Seller buyers want fast, convenience and hassle free??

Edited by Wt_know, 04 March 2019 - 12:52 PM.

cmcex and YEN96 praised this

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:06 PM

cmcex
  • cmcex
    4th Gear
    Author Image

This is not accurate, bcos you guys dont have bidding account so what you see is not actual, only when u place bid u will see.

Dealer normally offer 10-15k below market price, u offer in between, dont offer 10k plus paper unless car almost scrap

Go see quotz to see how much dealer offer for those car models

10K or even 15k is for DANGER conti models where they might have to answer later after the sale.

B&B japs, cannot offer such margins, maybe 6k less from general asking price.

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:46 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hmm Paper 55K, last bid 70K.  How did you come to the 3K above paper figure?

Dealer probably sell for 85 K if get at 70K.

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:54 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hmm Paper 55K, last bid 70K. How did you come to the 3K above paper figure?

Yalor....i oso scratch head who will sell $3k above paper for 3yr old car
Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:59 PM

makeanewcall
  • Premium member
    makeanewcall
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hmm Paper 55K, last bid 70K. How did you come to the 3K above paper figure?

Fair price tho, now brand new 2.0 Mazda 6 can get for 96k only.
clarkkent praised this

Posted 04 March 2019 - 03:01 PM

Spring

You got to be kidding to offer only 10k above scrap value for 2-3 yrs old car as no owner will sell at this price for sure.

Even cars with 3 years LEFT may not sell at 10k above scrap value.

Volvobrick, Thaiyotakamli, Angcheek, Freeder, BanCoe, Carbon82, Aventa and 1 other member praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: direct seller, dereg value and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users