• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
48 replies to this topic | 376 praises

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:52 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Moe gradually to abolish outright streaming Into express and normal.

https://www.channeln...e-kung-11312252
Beregond praised this

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:58 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I’m a normal kind of guy, no shortcut one. So, express wasn’t for me..😝
Mason016 and Atrecord praised this

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:15 PM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Guess no streaming will be the new normal. [laugh]
mersaylee praised this

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:19 PM

BenTong
  • Premium member
    BenTong
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

There’s already a track above express and normal.. just that not obvious to the commoners.. to get there you need minimum straight As.

In addition there’s another track call second hand car dealers track.. that out Robert all the folks here..

Edited by BenTong, 05 March 2019 - 04:20 PM.

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:20 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

normals got many chio ah lian last time. 

Garage36.com

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:21 PM

BenTong
  • Premium member
    BenTong
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

normals got many chio ah lian last time.

Lucky you express?

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:26 PM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thereâs already a track above express and normal.. just that not obvious to the commoners.. to get there you need minimum straight As.

In addition thereâs another track call second hand car dealers track.. that out Robert all the folks here..

That track exists throughout the world, well at least in the US, UK, etc. and should remain for these savants and geniuses in my opinion.

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:27 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So under the new system the so called past year papers will become redundant?

Th first few batches of students will be quite stressed. Exam questions dunno chut what pattern.

Edited by Watwheels, 05 March 2019 - 04:29 PM.

Too much to think about...

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:27 PM

BenTong
  • Premium member
    BenTong
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

That track exists throughout the world, well at least in the US, UK, etc. and should remain for these savants and geniuses in my opinion.

I do agree the part of savants and geniuses and second hand car dealers😂

Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:02 PM

Celicar
  • Celicar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

There’s already a track above express and normal.. just that not obvious to the commoners.. to get there you need minimum straight As.

In addition there’s another track call second hand car dealers track.. that out Robert all the folks here..

I was wonder about it too, so is this SAP school thing still in play?

Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:13 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am totally against streaming.

I may have been bad at maths but they should have never stopped me from taking advanced sex education.

:D

Edited by Jamesc, 05 March 2019 - 05:13 PM.

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:21 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I may have been bad at maths but they should have never stopped me from taking advanced sex education.

I guess you’re totally for steaming
Jamesc praised this

Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:49 PM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

There still need to have differentiation for those who score better then others. If not there will be no motivation for people to score well if everyone is in equal footing.

Let's face it, outside world life sometimes is also a little unfair like for some work little but pay a lot and some work very hard but pay very little.

So streaming to be abolished, hope there are measures to ensure it will not go do the state where everyone scores the same result.

Edited by Yewheng, 05 March 2019 - 05:49 PM.

Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:49 PM

No_worries
  • Premium member
    No_worries
    6th Gear
    Author Image

When I was in primary school in the 1980s, students are stream into the following after primary 3.

1) Normal bilingual course where you take English as first and mothe tongue as second language .

2) slightly less fortunate will be extended course or aka known as primary 7 where you take 7 years to complete primary school

3) v Cham will be monolingual course where you take engrish as first language and Mother tongue as oral only .

So when I was having my orientation on my first day at primary school , I keep hearing the discipline master say mono and extended student, stay behind etc .

In restropective, it was a scary experience standing beside a primary 8 boy as he was 14 years old (I was only 7 years old then) and perhaps twice my pre puberty frame hahaha🤣

My parents told me to study hard and not end up still being in primary 8 when you are 14. I guess the stigma was there and they probably use it to good effect .

But I am glad MOE is doing away with streaming at Sec school , it is A good start .

Edited by No_worries, 05 March 2019 - 05:52 PM.

Turboflat4, Lala81, Weez911 and Atrecord praised this

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:12 PM

Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Premium member
    Fu11thr0tt1e
    Supercharged
    Author Image

It took them soooo long to abolish steaming. 

No wpnder many of my batch all steam steam...  :D

Mercs, BanCoe and Jamesc praised this

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:31 PM

Lotr
  • Premium member
    Lotr
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Don't quite understand. NT, NA and Express become G1, G2 and G3. Still have differentiation.

Then what about IP and IB? Still no change.
Albeniz, RH1667 and Picnic06-Biante15 praised this

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:43 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Aiyah, streaming just became banding
Albeniz and RH1667 praised this
"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:11 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

At first I thought really abolished, but after reading further it's like reclassification to G1, 2 and 3 with subjects banding. Still "streaming" what. It's not like all thrown into the same pool and classed as Sec 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Like flooding replaced with ponding.... [laugh]

Edited by Kangadrool, 05 March 2019 - 07:12 PM.

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:50 PM

Albeniz
  • Albeniz
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Don't quite understand. NT, NA and Express become G1, G2 and G3. Still have differentiation.

Then what about IP and IB? Still no change.

Change soup but not changing the medicine.

Different but still same-same.

換湯不換藥。

Posted 05 March 2019 - 08:13 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

More is less.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: streaming, education, secondary and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users