Huawei New P30 & P30 Pro

steveluv

Twincharged

I opened my new toy, transferred my SIM card into the P30Pro restored my backup. 

Then I began to play with the camera. Other than the zoom that I am impressed, others seemed to be the same as my Mate 20 Pro.

I made a decision

Reset the P30Pro to factory setting, as good as new. Remove the SIM card and put it back into my old Mate 20 Pro.

Clean up all the finger prints on the P30Pro, put the protective film back, put the phone back into the box. Will give it away and wait for the Mate 30.

↡ Advertisement

I opened my new toy, transferred my SIM card into the P30Pro restored my backup. 

Then I began to play with the camera. Other than the zoom that I am impressed, others seemed to be the same as my Mate 20 Pro.

I made a decision

Reset the P30Pro to factory setting, as good as new. Remove the SIM card and put it back into my old Mate 20 Pro.

Clean up all the finger prints on the P30Pro, put the protective film back, put the phone back into the box. Will give it away and wait for the Mate 30.

thank you for the Xmas gift  [laugh]  

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Usually half a generation or even one generation may not yield much difference. A flagship will comfortably last u two years and more.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

thank you for the Xmas gift  [laugh]  

A bit too late, given already, scored some very good points.

kG9eIRz.jpg

Edited by steveluv
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

For the sake of reducing landfills, try not to change phones every two years lor. 3-5 years at least for me.

I was still on the iphone 6 till the screen crap out for me. But its reborn as a in car WAZE / spotify with TPG card.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

For the sake of reducing landfills, try not to change phones every two years lor. 3-5 years at least for me.

Yeah sure. 2 years is a Conservative estimate. Can use for longer. But people who buy flagships tend to change them even earlier. Lol.
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Given looking at new phones unless in need of a replacement

currently too many old phones in my office drawers

S3 lite, S3, Note 2, Note 4, S6 edge, iPhone 6, all like new

every year come out with a new model BUT old phone still functioning as good as new

unless you have need for a particular apps or feature, save money

my MP complain that some citizens come to seek his help to waive the conservancy charges of their flat because they are flat broke BUT the same citizens are holding a handphone that is a significant newer model than his and MP assume they are on expensive contract because they were watching youtube movies. 

perhaps the science of making consumers buying more than they need had evolved so much that consumers literally become slaves to them.

• Praise 6

Yeah sure. 2 years is a Conservative estimate. Can use for longer. But people who buy flagships tend to change them even earlier. Lol.

Am a moderate user and I do my part to make my phone last. So far my flagships have served me quite well.

Am using TPG on a 2013 flagship Sony. Changed the LCD for $50 and battery still functioning well. Only little thing is some apps do not support KitKat anymore. But its good for Chrome and Youtube. 

Guess will continue to use until all the KitKat support runs out.  [laugh]

I was still on the iphone 6 till the screen crap out for me. But its reborn as a in car WAZE / spotify with TPG card.

yeah, good that TPG came around, new lease of life for an old Sony Xperia Z that was just sitting around.

• Praise 2

You serious.. Salute you.. for me i either lose the phone or i dropped and spoil it. Last month I fell into the swimming pool while doing some gardening.. There goes my 1.5 year Huawei Mate 9. 

My friend said its time to help to contribute to the sluggish economy. [;)]

You serious.. Salute you.. for me i either lose the phone or i dropped and spoil it. Last month I fell into the swimming pool while doing some gardening.. There goes my 1.5 year Huawei Mate 9.

My friend said its time to help to contribute to the sluggish economy. [;)]

Waaaa big house u have .... i was also doing gardening (my nose hair) in the toilet and my phone drop into the toilet bowl
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

my MP complain that some citizens come to seek his help to waive the conservancy charges of their flat because they are flat broke BUT the same citizens are holding a handphone that is a significant newer model than his and MP assume they are on expensive contract because they were watching youtube movies. 

Exactly!! Instead of giving away S&CC rebate, GST rebate based on HDB flat type, cellphone type is a better measure!

low end phone model -->1 month rebate

mid range phone        --> half month rebate

flagship phone            -->quarter month rebate

Supercharged

Problem with using android phones for more than 2 years is the lack of security updates. In this area iphones are much better.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Google blocks Huawei’s access to Android updates: What you need to know
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/huawei-google-android-updates-what-you-need-to-know-11548566

"However, when Google launches the next version of Android, it may not be available on Huawei devices.

It is also unclear what this means for future Huawei phones."

Maybe Huawei owners can start monitoring their model's 2nd hand price movement.

Turbocharged

As layman, i read Hauwei is 2nd largest in the market. Then it means Google going to lose this number of users? Without Google, phone cannot function or easy to have replacement? Next, if you are concern with security, then google is very, very dangerous lor. They will sell your backside when USA wants to buy. Haha

Twincharged
(edited)

I made a decision

I am one step behind... I am still using my mate9 and my m20p is a Digital radio. Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 1

As layman, i read Hauwei is 2nd largest in the market. Then it means Google going to lose this number of users? Without Google, phone cannot function or easy to have replacement? Next, if you are concern with security, then google is very, very dangerous lor. They will sell your backside when USA wants to buy. Haha

there are still many other brands happily waiting to replace Huawei.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1