Huawei New P30 & P30 Pro

steveluv

heh heh ... vertical or horizontal ?

my Sony Z3 is not Gorilla Glass, so I guess that's why it cracked even though it fell off my car door height only.

See ... sony sucks
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

heh heh ... vertical or horizontal ?

my Sony Z3 is not Gorilla Glass, so I guess that's why it cracked even though it fell off my car door height only.

No la.. it all depends on angle of impact.

I drop my phone many times no problem.. but a seemingly gentle drop crack it too.

No la.. it all depends on angle of impact.

I drop my phone many times no problem.. but a seemingly gentle drop crack it too.

Hypersonic

å®å¯å¹éä¹ä¸å¯æ¾è¿ï¼

I think the Huawei nova 3i trade-in value at $300 is very good. I just went qoo10, during time sale can get at $254.

I think the Huawei nova 3i trade-in value at $300 is very good. I just went qoo10, during time sale can get at $254.

Samsung is capitalizing on HW "fall", in bid to increase it S10 sales (not doing as well as before).

And let not forget, the trade in offer is valid only if you purchase a phone directly from Samsung, without any contact, so nett nett, they don't loose anything.

Check out online pricing for S10 (especially those that sell brand new contract set) to have a feel of the fat margin by Samsung. [;)]

• Praise 6

Huawei OS reportedly 'far from ready' after Android ban

Huawei is looking to make its own operating system if the Android ban is permanent.

BY CORINNE REICHERTMAY 21, 2019 8:01 PM PDT

Huawei smartphones could be getting their own Huawei OS in the future.

Andrew Hoyle/CNET

Huawei is still "far from ready" from launching its own operating system, according to a report. The internal project to launch a Huawei OS "has had its ups and downs and remains far from ready," sources told The Information.

Google locked Huawei out of its Android updates earlier this week. On Tuesday, the US Commerce Department granted the Chinese tech giant a three-month general license to update existing devices, temporarily easing restrictions on Huawei's access to American components and software that go into its phones.

Despite the Google ban, Huawei said Tuesday that its latest smartphone, the Honor Pro 20, will use Android.

CNET's understanding is that Huawei has no immediate plans to launch its own OS, and that the company is looking at launching one only if Android is permanently removed as an option for its smartphone customers.

More than a year ago, CNET sister site TechRepublic reported that Huawei had been working on its own OS since 2012, in case it got banned from Android.

Last week, the US government blacklisted networking gear from Huawei and President Donald Trump signed an executive order banning the companyMicrosoft has also reportedly removed Huawei's MateBook laptops from its online store.

Uphill battle. Even though they develop their own OS, how about those thousands of Android apps.  How to attract the developer?

Says DBS banking apps, would it be an easy task for them to extend it to HongMeng?

Hypersonic

Uphill battle. Even though they develop their own OS, how about those thousands of Android apps. How to attract the developer?

Says DBS banking apps, would it be an easy task for them to extend it to HongMeng?

More importantly, is it worth the additional cost ha

Twincharged

Huawei: Thai Market Share Rise to 20%

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1707182/huawei-thai-market-share-rises-to-20-

3248514.jpg

Mr Wang says Huawei plans to invest 160 million baht in 5G testing projects in Thailand and 700 million baht in cloud services.

Huawei Technologies says its smartphone market share in Thailand remains unscathed by US sanctions on the company, despite conflicting reports that the Chinese telecom giant's sales suffered dramatically.

The company said its market share in Thailand grew in the first five months of 2019 to 20% from 15% in 2018.

Huawei is set to increase its Thai marketing budget by 30% this year as a key move because the country is a strategic market in the region, according to Ingmar Wang, country director of Huawei Thailand's consumer business group.

Additionally, Huawei will still launch new products under Android's operating system as a first priority and has yet to set a timeline for the launch of its own OS, which is still in development.

Mr Wang said the trade war has resolved or at least normalised at this point.

"To be honest, the situation could change every day, but consumers can rest assured that Huawei's business will continue," he said.

Mr Wang said there have been many rumours about Huawei's products for the past few months, but the company responded immediately to clarify.

Huawei smartphones and tablets will keep functioning normally in all aspects, with continued support from Android, he said.

The company will continue to provide security updates and after-sale services to all existing Huawei smartphones and tablet products that have been sold, or that are still in stock in stores globally.

Customers will be able to access Google services and applications such as YouTube, Google Maps, Google Play, Gmail and more as they normally would.

The company's future with Android remains uncertain after US President Donald Trump recently announced that the ban on US firms supplying technology to Huawei would be lifted, while the US Commerce Department said the ban would remain.

Recently, distributors Synnex, Jaymart, TG, Com7 and CSC, as well as two big operators (AIS and True), showed support for Huawei by announcing a warranty campaign with two years of full refunds for new Huawei customers.

Customers purchasing Huawei smartphones and tablets can claim a full refund in the event of issues in accessing or updating popular apps from Google and Facebook.

Huawei's grand sale, the biggest promotional campaign of the year, just started with special offers running from June 28 to the end of August. The promotional budget for the sale rose by 50% from last year.

Mr Wang said Huawei plans to invest 160 million baht in 5G testing projects in Thailand and 700 million baht in cloud services.

Recently, Advanced Info Service and True Move H Universal Communication performed 5G network tests using the Huawei Mate 20 X 5G, a device that Huawei is considering launching in Thailand in the near future.

• Praise 2