• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic | 68 praises

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:33 AM

Stratovarius
  • Premium member
    Stratovarius
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Nope, this is not the much much bigger brother of CX-9. In between the CX5 and CX3, price maybe in the range of 120k to 130k in today's COE prices.

S2s1, Spring, Freeder and andrewyewkc praised this

Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:03 AM

Roh96
  • Roh96
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Rear legroom still very cramp. No improvement

Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:40 PM

NightStalker_za
  • NightStalker_za
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I really do like the dashboard on the CX30. 

The outside is not bad either but I'm in two minds on the brake lights.

https://www.youtube....nightstalker_za

Youtube creator in my spare time,
Car Fanatic,

Current Car:
2016 VW Polo 1.2 TSi DSG

Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:50 PM

Spring
Don’t see why need to have a model between cx3 n cx5 n the rear looks as tight as the cx3. That said car looks great as always with most mazdas👍but I don’t think it can sell well here, just my opinion.
andrewyewkc and Mercs praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Posted 07 March 2019 - 03:51 PM

boonhat_91
  • Premium member
    boonhat_91
    4th Gear
    Author Image

why not CX-4?

Posted 07 March 2019 - 03:58 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Mazda already used the name CX-4 for China market.

https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Mazda_CX-4

Maybe it's 10 times better dan the CX-3 or 6 times better dan the CX-5. LoL...

SiLangKia and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Too much to think about...

Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:18 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Don’t see why need to have a model between cx3 n cx5 n the rear looks as tight as the cx3. That said car looks great as always with most mazdas👍but I do t think it can sell well here, just my opinion.

Dont think car with cramp rear would sell well?!

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:22 PM

Heartbreakid
  • Heartbreakid
    5th Gear
    Author Image

It is odd that other makers can make so much room out from the same wheelbase or shorter ones even, like the Jazz and City. Mazda certainly need to improve on the interior packaging. Style wise, Mazda certainly got it right 👍
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 07 March 2019 - 05:02 PM

Spring

Just my opinion only but I believe it’s a valid opinion as I know of several buyers of SUVs n sometimes even Crossovers n more often than not, they value space other than the height. If u go to the CX3 thread, u can see a lot of posts bemoaning the lack of rear space as the reason potential buyers got turned off cos the price n shape of the CX3 is largely acceptable.

Likewise, the premium Lexus UX had the same comment.
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Posted 07 March 2019 - 05:30 PM

Stratovarius
  • Premium member
    Stratovarius
    6th Gear
    Author Image

From the video, the guy is 1.78m. Sitting at the rear seems okay if you are not too tall or big size?

But I like the front and rear design. Always have a soft spot for 3D lights.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 07 March 2019 - 05:42 PM

Stratovarius
  • Premium member
    Stratovarius
    6th Gear
    Author Image

It is odd that other makers can make so much room out from the same wheelbase or shorter ones even, like the Jazz and City. Mazda certainly need to improve on the interior packaging. Style wise, Mazda certainly got it right 👍

For Jazz, I think the reason is the platform is for FWD only. In case of Mazda, they have different models with AWD. This means that the platform cannot be fully utilized for passenger space. Just my opinion.

Posted 07 March 2019 - 05:49 PM

Heartbreakid
  • Heartbreakid
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Speaking of rear space. I recall Nissan Qashqai despite a reasonable wheelbase figure, it doesn't feel that spacious at the rear either.

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:50 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Speaking of rear space. I recall Nissan Qashqai despite a reasonable wheelbase figure, it doesn't feel that spacious at the rear either.

It's because of the AWD option. Once any car maker make AWD as one of the options for their SUV range they have to make space for the rear axle. And dan there's the rear suspension setup and the fuel tank...all these add up that will take up a lot of rear space leaving the rear seating position and space limited.

Mazda cx range as you see the design is more hatchback on stilts. It's not an SUV that's design from the ground up or design from scratch. That make do with what they already have and raise the ride height, squeeze in the rear axle, AWD transmission shaft and AWD gb underneath.  Now you know why when even the wheelbase increase in length but the rear seat space is still so cramp. If they were to increase some more length the car will enter into the next segment or category.  That's how they make money by maintaining the wheelbase they can create series 3,4,5 to 10 and sell loads of cars.

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:54 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just my opinion only but I believe itâs a valid opinion as I know of several buyers of SUVs n sometimes even Crossovers n more often than not, they value space other than the height. If u go to the CX3 thread, u can see a lot of posts bemoaning the lack of rear space as the reason potential buyers got turned off cos the price n shape of the CX3 is largely acceptable.

Likewise, the premium Lexus UX had the same comment.

Maybe not only CX3 has cramp interior, for some sedan like mazda 2 and 3, rear space also quite cramp.

Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:04 PM

Dadiao
  • Dadiao
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

SkyActiv-X Engine (HCCI) ?

This is interesting ... :D

Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:10 PM

Ceecookie
  • Premium member
    Ceecookie
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Mazda seems to have forgotten about rear aircon vents in the new CX-30 and Mazda3. 

Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:17 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe not only CX3 has cramp interior, for some sedan like mazda 2 and 3, rear space also quite cramp.

If they are coming from the same platform, you know lah.

I doubt it will change. If they increase wheelbase length, all other models have to increase as well or else some models will have similar wheelbase. It will only increase their cost of production.

That's why sedan purist hate SUVs. They are not exactly SUVs especially those that are 2WD. The electronic AWD system do not let you have manual options. It's not exactly full time awd. It's more on looks and trend. May be why some car makers are hesitant initially when the trend began. They came in late into such segments.

Edited by Watwheels, 07 March 2019 - 09:26 PM.

Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:35 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I doubt it will change. If they increase wheelbase length, all other models have to increase as well or else some models will have similar wheelbase. It will only increase their cost of production.

That's why sedan purist hate SUVs. They are not exactly SUVs especially those that are 2WD. The electronic AWD system do not let you have manual options. It's not exactly full time awd. It's more on looks and trend. May be why some car makers are hesitant initially when the trend began. They came in late into such segments.

Still don’t understand why mazda produce cramp interior cars? 😂 I remember back in 2005 when i sat in my friend’s mazda 3, the rear space feel so cramp.

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:57 AM

andrewyewkc
  • Premium member
    andrewyewkc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Don’t see why need to have a model between cx3 n cx5 n the rear looks as tight as the cx3. That said car looks great as always with most mazdas👍but I don’t think it can sell well here, just my opinion.

This car will definitely not sell well here because TEK will price it until it makes no sense to buy it. But it might be a success in other countries.

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:43 PM

DK3410
  • DK3410
    4th Gear
    Author Image

But "true" 4WD vehicles are pointless in SG, where we spend most of our time on nicely paved roads.

In fact, locking the wheels into 4WD manually when driving on high-traction surfaces (such as roads) if the system doesn't allow for differential spin rates of the inner and outer wheels will result in you breaking something expensive with you corner.

In fact, most of the "SUVs" you see in SG aren't the real "hardcore" SUVs that are capable of true all-terrain travel, simply because our roads don't call for such engineering.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: mazda , suv , cx-30

Tags: mazda, suv, cx-30

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users